• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13805

You didn't highlight the word "purchase"

You read things that arent there.
Why not stick diamond players altogether? It would be a fairer "balance" for them in particular.
No easy street then.
How you conclude that people are throwing attitude & confrontaion is beyond me, people want answers that's all, nothing else.
Where in this entire thread have staff been disrespected?
You mentioned playing PREMIUM in another world but didn't in your own as you didn't want to be seen as "cheating" your words not mine.

I want a "balance" that works & this so obviously doesn't as people here & other threads have said.

That's all in my own very humble opinion but if you feel that i've stepped way over the mark then i guess you'll dish out an "infraction" etc.

What's the point in a forum where what you say isn't listened to or answered to some sort of satisfaction.

Seems many of us fail to understand the logic apart from the diamond players...;)

Maybe if i polish enough i can "earn" some!....:p

i aggree we should stick all diamond players together and let puts all castle owners together as well so that would leave the rest of the pvp free from both types and there can be no moaning then : )

DeletedUser4906

Got no problems with castles etc as long as they are EARNT & not just bought, time & effort should be rewarded too, not just the ones who chuck money at the game to solve a problem..

Where's the skill/strategy etc in that?

It IS very simple, stick 'em all in their own big diamond world & you'll find they'll spend even MORE money to be the Big Cheeez!

In fact put UP the price of Bling ten-fold & see who the REAL Big Cheddar is!

No need to thank me FofE, that idea is for free.......Spread the wealth!:p

DeletedUser12063

Personally, I think the new system sucks. I have 3 of the top 10 players in my neighborhood now, and all are big diamond players. Pretty tough to even get into the top 10 on any towers. Seems like every merger they bring in more big dogs into the neighborhood. I was #7 in the neighborhood before the first merger, then dropped to #17, then to #20. It's not like I don't play either, just not aggressively I guess. They need to either be spread out thinner to give others a chance, or just bunch they all together in 1 neighborhood. Let them fight it out for the top spots in the towers. It is hard to compete with others that just buy their way through the game (one guy had a tank factory up and running the same day the new tech tree opened).

DeletedUser13805

Got no problems with castles etc as long as they are EARNT & not just bought, time & effort should be rewarded too, not just the ones who chuck money at the game to solve a problem..

Where's the skill/strategy etc in that?

It IS very simple, stick 'em all in their own big diamond world & you'll find they'll spend even MORE money to be the Big Cheeez!

In fact put UP the price of Bling ten-fold & see who the REAL Big Cheddar is!

No need to thank me FofE, that idea is for free.......Spread the wealth!:p

you might not have a problem with castles but others do as if theydidnt have there silly boosts they wouldnt be anywhere and couldnt win a single battle let put all castle owners together and see how they run around trying to get to level 10 as without it they couldnt win

DeletedUser

Wow a lot of harsh stuff being said here, do we still have moderating on this forum, or is it only my ideas that get censored? Sad...

DeletedUser4906

Wow a lot of harsh stuff being said here, do we still have moderating on this forum, or is it only my ideas that get censored? Sad...

A lot of views are being put across by folks as it's quite an unfair power-shift happening right now, we all know not to use bad language etc just trying to find a happy medium so Mod not really needed unless people are saying things that FofE just don't want to hear & remove it......;)

DeletedUser1983

Personally, I think the new system sucks. I have 3 of the top 10 players in my neighborhood now, and all are big diamond players. Pretty tough to even get into the top 10 on any towers. Seems like every merger they bring in more big dogs into the neighborhood. I was #7 in the neighborhood before the first merger, then dropped to #17, then to #20. It's not like I don't play either, just not aggressively I guess. They need to either be spread out thinner to give others a chance, or just bunch they all together in 1 neighborhood. Let them fight it out for the top spots in the towers. It is hard to compete with others that just buy their way through the game (one guy had a tank factory up and running the same day the new tech tree opened).

I empathize with your situation mate... I believe you are referring to Arvahall where you are in my neighborhood and stuck with 5 other top 20 players. Anyway, as Blacksmith suggested, suck it up and stop whining. The new system is what is going to stay, so might as well start liking it.. :D

DeletedUser7719

The main problems here is:
1) Treating the staff with disrespect is going to get you nowhere. What do you expect them to do if you are just going to keep throwing insults?
2) The point of this new merge system is to keep the battlefield as fair as possible from a battle-point perspective. Merging PE players with other PE players takes away the excuse that one player can't gain as much points as another player because their neighborhood consist of EMA and IA players.
3) The new competition on the towers is maybe what the devs were expecting when they first thought of a neighborhood. Maybe they didn't want players to easily claim victory on every tower; they might have liked to see more competition. Also, try aiming for lower towers, or medal-producing GBs, or just donating to GBs. This will get you way farther than you think.
4) My initial reaction to diamonds is that: What do you expect? If you're paying real money in this game (to help support the development), why wouldn't they get an advantage? I would consider the introduction of GBs a larger problem compared to this because one BP only cost around 4 revives! (And I'm pretty sure there's more than 4 revivals from these players everyday)
5) GB/castles. They are Great Buildings! The more you complain how much of advantage it gives, the "Greater" you are making them (or else they wouldn't live up to their name, would they?).
Rant over. Now just calm down people.

DeletedUser

I think this new system of merge, has good and bad points, but nothing in life is perfect, last week before the merge, I was the only one in the PE tower, so with a single battle again 2 spearmens, I can win 600 medals, nice, so i fight for the industrial tower and win,so total 1000 medals without a lot of effort,actually,continous fight to get the 1st place in one of these towers, ofc, forget to fight about fight in two :) in the other hand, you get a bunch of points and fly in the ranks.
I lost my contributors to my Gb's with the new merge,last week I received, around 200 fp's of donations from the old hood, this week 0.The actual guys doesn't feel pressed if you plunder them :)
I feel , even it's against my own interest, now it's more challenging and competitive, you want to win something, you must fight like a crazy, before, was a military parade, and extremely easy, and each day was bigger the gap.

DeletedUser1983

1) Treating the staff with disrespect is going to get you nowhere. What do you expect them to do if you are just going to keep throwing insults?
2) The point of this new merge system is to keep the battlefield as fair as possible from a battle-point perspective. Merging PE players with other PE players takes away the excuse that one player can't gain as much points as another player because their neighborhood consist of EMA and IA players.
3) The new competition on the towers is maybe what the devs were expecting when they first thought of a neighborhood. Maybe they didn't want players to easily claim victory on every tower; they might have liked to see more competition. Also, try aiming for lower towers, or medal-producing GBs, or just donating to GBs. This will get you way farther than you think.
4) My initial reaction to diamonds is that: What do you expect? If you're paying real money in this game (to help support the development), why wouldn't they get an advantage? I would consider the introduction of GBs a larger problem compared to this because one BP only cost around 4 revives! (And I'm pretty sure there's more than 4 revivals from these players everyday)
5) GB/castles. They are Great Buildings! The more you complain how much of advantage it gives, the "Greater" you are making them (or else they wouldn't live up to their name, would they?).

Please don't get me wrong, I do have a lot of respect for the game staff and admins. They have done a great job in developing 99.99% of the cool features and the new events expected aren't any less complicated and delightful either. However, my grudge, along with that of hundreds of active players, is that some of the key issues aren't being given justice. Hood merge system is one of those key issues.
What some of us are asking isn't that big of a deal to implement either. All we are hoping for is to bring some evenness to the guild distribution across the hoods. Surely that can be accomplished by putting limits, i.e., IF Guild_Hood < 5, add 1 ELSE add 0. This way we won't have some hoods full of War Mongers, some hoods full of Alpha Guild, and some others full of The Untouchables and so on (I'm referring to Brisgard, but the same applies for most hoods across all EN servers).
I do appreciate very much the new challenge and hightened PvP activity in a supercharged neighborhood but evenness in variety is what many of us have been asking for. I think the new system has addressed most aspects of how a good merge system should be, the only area missing now is to allow similar opportunity to all of the active players who like to compete, fight, and win medals.
I apologize for my earlier outbursts but it was all because we were not getting any response from the game admins on this pressing issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer

LOL@byeordie In my hood both the IndA and PE towers are taken over and i m sure most of the hoods will be the same case as too much competition for 1 tower will make some players go to the next available tower ...u want us again to go back in the game - build CA LMA and HMA units and fight for the those towers ??? With whom do u think i can fight with those CA LMA units when 80th member of my hood has got jaegers howitzers and rifles in his army with of course 80-100% defense boost?? LOL ... And I was saying exactly the same ...that the only way now remains to collect medals for the mid-level and low level (read non-diamond players) is through those medal giving out GBs ...so what happens to those player who enjoyed the PVP?? U think they will just enjoy collecting the medals and other resources from the game ?? What will happen to those players when the game becomes stagnant once this age is finished and the next age or new content takes time to be implemented?? ...

DeletedUser4906

I empathize with your situation mate... I believe you are referring to Arvahall where you are in my neighborhood and stuck with 5 other top 20 players. Anyway, as Blacksmith suggested, suck it up and stop whining. The new system is what is going to stay, so might as well start liking it.. :D

Suck it up & stop whining....

Great advice, try to ignore the players too who just play with diamonds & attack, they wouldn't if they didn't have the bases loaded in their favour, too scared to lose, they are normally the mouthiest, bigging themselves up, dishing out threats etc IMHO.:D:D

What's the "Battle-Point Perspective"??

DeletedUser276

The system before had it so that there were numerous neighborhoods with 10 to 45 players. This was too few. Players were complaining that there wasnt enough action in their hoods.

In my 'ood only 42 players & about 10 are inactive, take away the 9 in my guild & Moi so only 22 to fight, so when i see players racking up 500+ fights a week it's very annoying.:mad:

Now you have full neighborhoods just like what was asked for. You asked for Admins to respond to some of your comments. I have done so then say you got mad that admins didnt respond to your particular post.

it was all because we were not getting any response from the game admins on this pressing issue.

There is no real pressing issue. The only real complaint that i see right now is 2 things.

1. You cant win your nieghborhood battles easilly anymore. There is though more than 1 tower... fight in a different tower... *shrug*

2. You have diamond players in your hood... You always have had diamond players in your hood.

Is there really anything other than these two complaints out there? I am asking as I may have missed some in all the back and forth between players that were discussion rather than proper feedback.

DeletedUser17220

i'm amused by the fact that some progressive era players in my hood have been competing for the bronze age & iron age towers with me since the new merge...
have to remember every neighbor who has 2 spear men defense or i even can't win those towers...

Amy Steele

General
I'm also one of those who is now fighting in more than one tower on H. I mean, how much time/space/population/coin & supply does it cost in IndA to put in a slinger range and an archer range? Might as well make use of all those 2 spear defences eh? After all, 216 points are not going to get me very far in a CA tower where 35 players are competing :D

I won myself an easy 30 medals last week, being one of only 2 who thought of using slingers and archers, and am currently the only one in my new hood who is in the BA and IA towers, so look set for another easy 30 medals this week :D I'm also now friends with the other player with whom I was competing in the BA and IA towers last week.

In my newly merged hood on F - currently ranging from PE to LMA - there are players in PE now using trebs and imperial guards against my LMA units... so get creative folks, and have some fun along the way :D

DeletedUser4906

The system before had it so that there were numerous neighborhoods with 10 to 45 players. This was too few. Players were complaining that there wasnt enough action in their hoods.
Now you have full neighborhoods just like what was asked for.
There is no real pressing issue. The only real complaint that i see right now is 2 things.

1. You cant win your nieghborhood battles easilly anymore. There is though more than 1 tower... fight in a different tower... *shrug*

2. You have diamond players in your hood... You always have had diamond players in your hood.

In response, though we have bigger neighbourhoods which is great, they aren't balanced at all, i have 3/4 players from each of the top ranking guilds who are heavy diamond users & have just totally taken it all over, it's not about winning easily there's no fun in that but just a closer contest where it's nip 'n tuck if you decide to fight someone as opposed to KNOWING that you haven't got a snowballs in hell chance.

Fight in another tower? Yeah go backwards in time instead of forwards, why bother with the tech-tree if your going to do that.

Yes we have always had the odd one or two diamond users in the old hood but now it's inundated with 'em! All that time climbing your 'hood rankings just to have it ALL taken away. That isn't "balance" it's just not right!

This game is FULL of contradictions, 1 step forward & 2 steps back but the one constant is that the Diamond Users just get it on a plate, every time!

If this ISN'T "proper" feedback then i may as well go & whistle Dixie! "SHRUG!!"

When are the head-honchos going to come out & answer the queries??

I need an engine-driver to respond.......:cool:

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I'm also one of those who is now fighting in more than one tower on H. I mean, how much time/space/population/coin & supply does it cost in IndA to put in a slinger range and an archer range? Might as well make use of all those 2 spear defences eh? After all, 216 points are not going to get me very far in a CA tower where 35 players are competing :D

I won myself an easy 30 medals last week, being one of only 2 who thought of using slingers and archers, and am currently the only one in my new hood who is in the BA and IA towers, so look set for another easy 30 medals this week :D I'm also now friends with the other player with whom I was competing in the BA and IA towers last week.

In my newly merged hood on F - currently ranging from PE to LMA - there are players in PE now using trebs and imperial guards against my LMA units... so get creative folks, and have some fun along the way :D

30 medals ??? Woah!!!! sorry amy steele that much medals are given by deal castle to me on everyday basis ... so i dont think i need to fight for those 30 medals which i will after a week full of fighting ... My expansion costs 5000 ...the next 1 is 6000 ...how can i get those if i fight for these 30 40 and 50 medals a week? ... and again Amy steele u r lucky to have neighborhood with all those CA LMA HMA neighbors ... I wouldnt have complained if it was the same for me too ...My neighborhood from top to bottom are PE ....the last ranked player in my neighborhood has howitzers and jaegers in their defence ...and to top it off most of them have got good defense boosts ...Now how am i going to fight for another tower using those old age units against these IndA army??? that too for 30 / 40 medals a week??? LOL...

I dont mind having a full house neighborhood with all PE players also ... I just want to clarify that the only issue now is that some of us (non-diamond players) dont stand a chance to win the big towers at all when we are thrusted into a hood full of diamond players ... as i posted in here yesterday it will be a competition between themselves now and players like us are going to be only audiences now... we dont stand even a small chance to compete with so many of them in the same neighborhood ...Earlier though we used to have diamond players we were still able to manage it as they were equally distributed among different hoods ...BUt now since the merge is age-based 99% of the diamond players are going to be in the latest age and thats PE as of now ... so this merge affects mainly those players highly who are in PE and are non-diamond players ...

Last edited:

Amy Steele

General
30 medals ??? Woah!!!! sorry amy steele that much medals are given by deal castle to me on everyday basis ... so i dont think i need to fight for those 30 medals which i will after a week full of fighting ... My expansion costs 5000 ...the next 1 is 6000 ...how can i get those if i fight for these 30 40 and 50 medals a week? ... and again Amy steele u r lucky to have neighborhood with all those CA LMA HMA neighbors ... I wouldnt have complained if it was the same for me too ...My neighborhood from top to bottom are PE ....the last ranked player in my neighborhood has howitzers and jaegers in their defence ...and to top it off most of them have got good defense boosts ...Now how am i going to fight for another tower using those old age units against these IndA army??? that too for 30 / 40 medals a week??? LOL

The hood in which I am competing for the BA and IA towers is the one on H where I am just into IndA along with everyone else in my hood. My next expansion is for 2000 medals and with my lvl 5 Colosseum, and no Deal Castle (yet) I only get 14 medals a day. I'm not really a pvp'er and many of those above me in the hood have very high levels of defensive GBs and watchfires against my lvl 6 Zeus and lvl 1 Aachen. Fighting the 3 or 4 2-spear defenses in my hood with CA units every day would not get me an extra place further up the CA tower, where I am currently 8th, so would not get me another 10 medals a week if I were to use my CA units, but using IA one day and BA the next gets me those extra 30 medals for almost no time and effort.

The new merge has really revitalised my game :D

DeletedUser

Now you have full neighborhoods just like what was asked for. You asked for Admins to respond to some of your comments. I have done so then say you got mad that admins didnt respond to your particular post.

Is there really anything other than these two complaints out there? I am asking as I may have missed some in all the back and forth between players that were discussion rather than proper feedback.

Well the one issue he actually mentioned in his post was the number of guild members in the hood.

I would be happy to PM you a synthesized list if you are unable to sift through all this b/c those 2 are definitely not the only real complaints (the diamond one is a fairly new complaint and I don't think it makes much financial sense for the company to separate these players). I understand if you haven't had time to give a thorough read to all the posts because there has been a lot of volume and repetition, but overly reductive characterizations like that are probably why some feel like there hasn't been any response of actual substance. Repeatedly calling people whiners also doesn't really help the conversation move forward in any way that I can see. Insulting people is never a good way to have an intelligent discussion about anything.

DeletedUser4906

Well put leeroyj, and why can't we have the man/team/somebody who carries clout behind this latest "balance" to come on here & answer the MANY dismayed players & explain the logic, not a lot to ask is it!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.