• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have been playing for about 6 months now. Worked my way up from the bottom of the pile to be regularly in the top 5 of my hood & always in the hunt for medals. After the latest merge, I find myself at #31 in the hood, I have 300k & just progressed to the progressive age & as such have no PA units to fight with. InA units are totally useless against the latest units, and so I am unable to fight/win anything - even with 75% attack/defend bonus.
The top players in my hood are 700k - 1200k players & all have massive defense bonuses, basically totally untouchable. I have taken multiple attacks every day since this latest merge, I put my best defense units in place, they just get brushed aside with ease.
The towers are much more competitive, CA,InA,PA all going down more than 20 places. So for the big players I guess they got what they wanted (more action). For me I have had to stop all fighting, even sold all my InA military buildings as they are so ineffective.
Seems to me the top players are getting all the fun in my hood, whereas the middle & lower end players like me get none. at least until I can build a few PA military buildings anyway.
I used to battle almost everyone in the hood, now for me it's totally impossible. From one extreme to the other.

What's the answer?

Dunno.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
LOL... I for one used to win sometimes and did not win sometimes buddy ...it was competitive at that time ...Never came on the forum complaining about the hood being imbalanced or there are diamond players in my hood ....because Didn't affect me much at that time but now I don't see a chance to win at all with the hood i have been given ... the top 10-15 are high ranked players who have taken over both the PE and IndA towers ... this is no more competitive for me and another 60 players in my hood ...this is an imbalanced hood i have ....I have replied to your post more clearly a couple of pages back quoting your replies buddy ... Please if possible read that ... maybe it will help u understand better ... or if its difficult for you to search for it i will post it for you here again ...

By the way you say the one's who reply here are the active one's ...I am from a guild of 80 members ... most of them are active in it and a few of them read whats written on the forum but not bother to write or reply here ( I too was one of them till i decided to talk on this topic)...And others dont even bother to see the forums ... they are just busy playing the game ...so please dont think only those who are on the forums are the one's that are playing actively ...and are complaining because they are not winning towers ... its not about winning towers ...its about not having a chance at all to be competitive in this merge ... thats what this topic is all about ....

DeletedUser

Well, I don't often post something but this is really something that's a HUGE foult in the game!
I've started 2 weeks ago, I could get 270 fights in a few days untill I got suddenly 8 neighbours!
It reduced untill 20 fights! From 270 to 20 is really nothing! It just ruined my game, I've already tought to stop because today the game added a new player: someone with 73,000 points wile I only have 3,000 points (and I was the first of my hood)...
You really should do something on this update! It destroys every fun!
They said that we would get better, more competitive and bigger hoods, we got smaller, weaker and more unequal hoods!
There need to change something!

DeletedUser7223

I can't understand why there are so many complaining about the merge being unfair . As the new merge system will rotate every two weeks , in-turn everyone will have their day as top dog at some stage , if thats what their goal is . Will the same people be still complaining when they get into a hood that they will dominate for the two weeks ?
I'm just happy i have the option to fight more than 30 odd battles daily , which was the Main problem initially .
Other than a few tweaks in how hoods are merged i am very happy with the new system .

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I can't understand why there are so many complaining about the merge being unfair . As the new merge system will rotate every two weeks , in-turn everyone will have their day as top dog at some stage , if thats what their goal is . Will the same people be still complaining when they get into a hood that they will dominate for the two weeks ?
I'm just happy i have the option to fight more than 30 odd battles daily , which was the Main problem initially .
Other than a few tweaks in how hoods are merged i am very happy with the new system .

Buddy pbajoyce this merge is a problem for the mid-level and low level ranked players ... not for some one who has his signature mentioning he's no.2 in his world and no.2 in his hood ....LOL.... Hope it is clear to you now why so many are complaining on this post ...

DeletedUser7719

As the new merge system will rotate every two weeks , in-turn everyone will have their day as top dog at some stage , if thats what their goal is . Will the same people be still complaining when they get into a hood that they will dominate for the two weeks ?
Just for a bit more clarification: They do not rotate players. They will only add/subtract a few players from each hood to make things more balanced. People who have 3 neighbors will most likely be moved into a close-to-full hood by the next merge, but I can't be certain.

DeletedUser

I can only give my perspective, as many of my guild were not pvpers before the new merge.
There are 82 (down from 85 on merge) in my NH. Of those, the bottom 5 are sub 10k and I have no idea why the poor unfortunates have been thrown in with us.
The rest, from #77 upwards are all InA+ players. Of those 77, only 1 can win the PE pvp tower.
Ridiculous, I hear you cry! Hear me out. We have 7 of the top 20 ranked players on server and roughly the same number on medals. One of the most respected militarian / statisticians who posts on here is in my NH and will barely break top 10 on the PE tree this week, amassing only around 1 million points.
The player who will win plays the game for one reason only. To win at pvp. Their city is fully comprised of premium buildings. The only non-premiums they have are ones you have no choice but to build. They have a smaller standing army than me, based on barracks and it is probable they are using diamonds to heal troops between battles as they maintained a similar or better pace than me through the NH on each new round of battles. Either that or they used premium to unlock the 5th slot in every barracks.
The only possible way to compete with that set-up would be to do the same and also to kick out my guildmate to even up the numbers!
This is coming from someone who for this week at any rate, has been obsessive enough to at least try and keep up, although I was forced to miss a day of pvp due to going off radar. Everyone else saw the score and rate of score gain from this character and realised it was a lost cause. These aren't mid-table, 250-500k players, these are long-time, million-plus, leaders of successful guilds. the guys at the 80k to 400k level which comprise the bottom half of the NH must feel like fitting revolving doors to their cities...
If I could take a straw poll of my NH and ask the question "Are you happier and more excited about being in this NH than pre-merge?" I really can't expect more than maybe 5 out of the 82 to respond positively (I appreciate I am pulling those figures out of thin air).
I'll call it quits there as I think I am rambling now!

FenTigress

Private
For me personally, I can live with the merge. Not particularly happy with it on any world, but it's been done, and I highly doubt it will be undone. It will probably be made worse. :rolleyes: I don't like the idea of the NHs being messed around with every couple of weeks either. You get to know people in a NH and when it's messed around it's a feeling of "Great, what now?!"

However, what I have noticed is more people giving up altogether and leaving in this past week; some of whom had been around over year. This game will never be short of the ones playing top dog and ruling over their hoods, but the vast bulk of the players, I suspect, can't give every waking moment to the game and plan every single collection to avoid plunder, or fight every single day to stand a chance at a few crumbs from the pvp table. The game is supposed to be fun, and for a lot of people it's becoming less so.

The merge has been one of the worst planned things to hit this game. We needed more active neighbourhoods, but they needed to stay diverse. Sure we keep being told to play in other pvp towers, but how the heck can anyone beat Ind Age or PE units with archers or even Great Swords. Even CA units struggle, especially if they aren't drugged-up on GB boosts. Therefore what you end up with is the whole NH fighting in just the top two towers and very little if at all in the other towers. At least before, the lower ranked players in the NH had contests at their own level against players at their own level, and felt as though they were really progressing as they reached each age. Now it's like one big dog fight and the occasional player or lower ranked player unfortunate enough to be stuck in a high level NH has no chance...and guess what, they leave. They'll never bother to buy diamonds because there seems little point and the amount they'd need to make an impact would need a large bank balance. And they don't recommend the game to anyone else. I've played the game from the start, but as it is, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. And the tedious-sounding summer event isn't going to bring people back or enthuse those thinking of quitting this week. Oh, and we still have ridiculously long battles in the PE battlefield. The words 'toilet', 'down', 'the', 'going' can be arranged in a suitable order to describe the game currently... :p

DeletedUser12153

From talking with my guildies and neighbours i get the idea the majority isn't very happy with these changes. Most people play this game for fun they do not have the time to spend ages on it. In the old situtation you could get a few medals with about 30 battles per week. However now if you want to get a result in pvp towers you gotta put a lot more time in it especially with the combat in progressive age taking incredibly long. Eventually most people will just give up on pvp probably cause they won't be able to get a reward anyway and try to find a new game and quit this one. If that was the idea behind this to demotivate people to pvp then well done if it wasn't then well maybe some changes should be considered

DeletedUser

It is no fun to log into my city and half of my city is plundered. I have not been able to produce any goods since they are always plundered when I log in and I can't get revenge and plunder them because they are at 150%+ defense and attack bonuses because of Great Buildings. This so called balancing of the neighborhoods has me, SummerBunny @ 161.721 score, placed in a neighborhood where the lowest score of a player attacking me is 600.053 and the highest score of a player attacking me is 2,265,836. How is this balanced? I can't get revenge, I do not plunder other players unless they plundered but I have no chance to do that since they are SOOOOOOO much higher then me with tons of Great Buildings provided so much bonuses for them, not even a small chance to win a revenge. Just unfair. Since this last neighborhood change, this game has become very un-fun for me and if something isn't done about it soon, I will be deleting my account and moving on to something that doesn't make me want to punch my computer.
Here is a thought, if you are going to balance neighborhoods, take their Great Building bonuses into account, as well as score, era, and amount they attack other players.

DeletedUser12172

I love this game and play nearly every day.
However, I am really not happy with this merge. I went up to No 60 something when before I was in the first ranks. My city is plundered every day by players with zillions of points that I will never be able to protect my town from. Furthermore, being at such low level, I can hardly beat other players. Therefore, I lose pratically all my battles. And the trades at my level are scarce. I cannot advance as before. I am losing interest here. I bought diamonds for a game that is letting me down. Very disappointing.
I hope something will be done soon. Thank you.

DeletedUser14587

well after one week of battling like a maniac to win a single tower and no time to battle inthe world map i must admit this new neighborhood merge is very hard to adopt with , how do u expect people to battle in hoods , world map , plus u will lunch the guild war the hood must be divided from all ages not from only one age so at least u have in market all goods from all ages and player can Mo/Po to get blueprint from all era and finally u have some sort of balance inside the hood now i have only Ind A i fight them all i made up to 2m in PE tower however i am very late in the world map cause i didn't have the time or the troop to continue there so basically u forcing us to play much more time to make very few profit in medal from what i see u have alot of unhappy people i am just curious who u blessing here ? and does they worth that alot of people will quit that game ???

DeletedUser6036

I have to add My two cents. I am extremely disappointed in the new direction the game has taken. frustrated to the point of selling all my fighting forces and probably will not finish the research on this age. WHY?

for three days when I try to allocate research points the game freezes. I refresh, reload, try again with the same problems.
two the fighting is horribly allocated now. it is now even worth playing anymore, and I refuse to participate.

before you dismiss my short simple whine. look back at the game support in real dollars I have had. That's right, you ****ed off a player that actually spent real American Cash on your flawed game. Good going! I am certain I am not the only one.

DeletedUser

Why not just put the top 80 players in a hood together, the next 80 (from 81 to 160) in the next hood, & so on. So as you grow , you join a harder hood. All newbies would be together, all top players together etc etc. Really is no fun whatsoever being in a hood with monster diamond players with million% defenses. Stick em all in the same place, fairer for all surely?

DeletedUser276

thanks for the feedback. We will go through the posts that are here and see if there is any error for the settup for the mechanics for the merge and act accordingly if there are things that need to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.