• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12086

Hiya all,

Please post any feedback you have related to the neighborhood merges on EN1 and EN8 in this thread.

Note: At the time of posting, EN8 has not yet been merged, but will be shortly.

DeletedUser15048

Feedback? As number 1056 on EN1 I just got merged into a neighborhood with the SIXTH ranked guy among other waaaaaaaaay higher ranked players. I'm only half way through the Colonial age and he appears 100% through Industrial. Please tell me this was a bug and will be fixed..? I'm all for fair neighborhoods where new players and people an age below you don't get merged but this is just outrageous. Assuming this is a bug, I still support the idea of fair merges and give the idea 10/10. IF this was intended and THIS is how the new merge system is SUPPOSED to work, 1/10 since this has created an absolutely incompetitive neighborhood with insane imbalance and very, very poor coordination. As stands currently, my little city is absolutely doomed and I SINCERELY hope this bug is fixed soon - again, HIGHLY assuming this is NOT intended.

Oh, and just to clarify the diffrence, I've got 146.459 points, the abovementioned player has 1.351.903 points.

The current rankins in my 'new' (hopefully VERY temporary) neighborhood is as follows:

6, 11, 110, 146, 148, 172, 198, 263, 312, 327, 336, 369, 379, 387, 397, 406, 410, 414, 468, 487, 488, 583, 584, 648, 650, 707, 710, 746, 777, 779, 805, 870, 921, 945, 952, 954, 990, 999, 1034, 1056(me), 1069, 1104, 1111, 1143, 1169, 1186, 1339, 1350, 1428, 1461, 1502, 1528, 1627, 1666, 1671, 1687, 1712, 1719, 1735, 1768, 1840, 1895, 1938, 1940, 1969, 1988, 2082, 2113, 2141, 2148, 2212, 2398, 2618, 2820, 2830.

This means the current span of;
Points in the neighborhood range from 1.351.903 - 50.126.
Ranks in the neighborhood range from 6 - 2830.

While I am OBVIOUSLY not the worst hit player among my own neighborhood personally, I can freely state that atleast 90% (based losely on presence of GB's, activity in PvP and point gathering) in my new neighborhood will suffer more than they will benefit from this merger. And I'm not sure a merge system which only falls to encourage and benefit 1/10th of the players is anything to be proud of. Again, this post ASSUMES the merge to be a BUG and that this WILL be fixed hopefully soon so we can return to enjoying the game in a more balanced structure, but IF it's not, that's just shameful.

(Note: The numbers posted above are all accurate as of 07/24/13 - 04:27pm. Changes may/will occour as players are active but not deemed enough to heavilly influence the outlined flaws!)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok well as predicted, this merge is terrible. Not only do we have all but 2 or 3 of top 30 people (didn't bother looking past that), there are 43 people in the hood from the top 2 guilds (not even including people in the sister guilds of those top 2 guilds which would a bunch more). If we include top 3 guilds it is 50+.

This either forces guilds to disband, or makes it so members are permanently stuck in tiny neighborhoods (b/c you can only attack a small number of people and it caps number of P/Ms, FP donators, etc.)

Oh yeah and resetting PvP towers was pretty lame too b/c we are set back a day (which is a ton considering how many days are left) if we attacked anyone from old neighborhood recently.

Edit: OK sounds like this last bit isn't a problem. The rest is still ridiculous though.

DeletedUser

I figure this is a case of: Be careful what you ask for as you just might get it. The merge seems to follow a lot of the suggestions from the old idea and discussion threads. Is it better or worse? Time will tell.

My question is: Now I am in a neighborhood of 75 people on en8, what is the critical number to cause another merge or is there going to be a bi-weekly shuffle regardless of the number?

DeletedUser

I had 75 before this merge (had finally gotten a merge about a week ago), so I think it doesn't have much to do with size of hood you are in at all

DeletedUser4195

So was it the merge on Arvahall that reset all of the PvP scores? I have lost my InA scores from the last 2 days and even more important my PE scores from today.

If this was a known side effect then the PvP towers should have been locked until the merge was completed.

Not at all amused.

Edit

I've just seen a suggestion elsewhere that the towers may have ended early.

If this is what has happened then nothing is actually lost, or at least not too much. It could be the case as I look like I may have more medals now than when I started the day.

Can anybody confirm this?

DeletedUser12633

Confirmed (already done in the discussion thread of the announcement so just updating here too)

DeletedUser17220

oh well this is exactly what i have been afraid of..

I'm confident to say up to now 90% of players who progress further than me in the tech tree either started the game much earlier or just used tons of diamonds to speed up. Since it's very unlikely that i can still be in the first place any longer after implementing the new system, I will suddenly be forced to compete with a high amount of ind age players at the end of the tech tree and also heavy diamond users, just like Kasperio. This new system just doesn't make sense to me at all.

DeletedUser14649

I've just seen a suggestion elsewhere that the towers may have ended early.

If this is what has happened then nothing is actually lost, or at least not too much. It could be the case as I look like I may have more medals now than when I started the day.

Can anybody confirm this?

Hi there JohnW yes confirmed and medals awarded as to the position you were in as well.

Amy Steele

General
Not too happy with the new merge - I've gone from a neighbourhood where the top guy was on 168k in CA, and I was #7 with 102k in CA to one where I am #30... that's ok in itself, but the top two guys are on 574 and 551k - top is in PE (they are #11 and 13 in my world respectively - my rank is 380!!). I thought the aim of this new merge was to stop this kind of thing happening?

DeletedUser12153

I used to have a good neighbourhood on Arvahall(EN1) plenty of people around my size nice people now after the merge i'm the only one left of my size the nr 2 is 20k below me (i'm at 130k) and a big part of the people is ages below
On Houndsmoor(EN8) on the other hand i also had a pretty balanced neighbourhood after the merge however most people from my old neighbourhood are gone and i'm stuck with loads of people that are from just 2 guilds with a point total going from 575k for the nr 1 all the way down to just 21k for the nr 80 could be me but that doesn't sound balance at all imo

Long story short give me back my old neighbourhoods this is terrible

DeletedUser17220

I figure this is a case of: Be careful what you ask for as you just might get it. The merge seems to follow a lot of the suggestions from the old idea and discussion threads. Is it better or worse? Time will tell.

My question is: Now I am in a neighborhood of 75 people on en8, what is the critical number to cause another merge or is there going to be a bi-weekly shuffle regardless of the number?

I never expected the devs to have been actually working on this issue without giving us any information.

As far as I know two major types of players complain about the old merging system, namely those super active pvp players who got stuck in a tiny hood and also those semi-active farmers who don't understand how to protect their goods. For those pvp players (actually i'm one of them as well), isn't the upcoming new feature guild wars supposed to satisfy our needs? then why do we need to change the merging system anymore. just to protect those semi-active farmers who may leave the game at any time? i simply don't understand it..

DeletedUser

Yeah I wonder how many of the second group of complainers are even still around. They were by definition the least active players on here.

I knew this would happen even though we were told it wouldn't explicitly (like here http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...on-thread-changes-to-neighborhood-merge/page2).

The first 40 people in hood are all people ranked 57 or higher (it continues on but 40 was a good stopping point). We are all in same guilds and somehow there are people in bronze age with us. Pretty much no winners whatsoever here. It looks like there are 80 IndA players in hood with 5 Bronze.. How long will they be playing? I am assuming next merge will have players 1-80 since they will be only ones in PE.

DeletedUser

I am also unhappy with the merge. For the record, I never complained about the previous system, although it was fact that it needed change. However, i'm completely baffled at how this system is designed to work, because my neighborhood is completely flawed now. I have almost 15 guildies in my neighborhood. We now have 75 neighbors from 1.6 million down to 130k. This isn't such a bad thing because it gives me some stronger neighbors to fight. However, Our guild growth will be completely stunted now that we have some of our top guildies in a neighborhood with 15 guildmates. The other members in our neighborhood are not in the same boat. We by far have more guildies than anyone else in our neighborhood. Currently, we are the number one ranked guild in Arvahall, and we've worked very hard to get there. The guild behind us is working very respectably hard as well to close in on us, and this is really going to throw things off (I realize I can't say this for sure because it's possible they have guildies in the same boat). It shouldn't be this way for anyone. Surely there has to be a better formula to make sure the number of guildies in a neighborhood is balanced as well as the ranks and active players...

DeletedUser16522

the complaints i have come verry close to those of 'ohcrapitsalex'

DeletedUser276

Surely there has to be a better formula to make sure the number of guildies in a neighborhood is balanced as well as the ranks and active players...

hence why we are testing it out today and asking for feedback :) Come Sunday hopefully things will be tweaked slightly for how the devs want things done and we start anew.

DeletedUser

It sucks that they're splitting up 'hoods like this, I was always against this idea when it came up. Luckily mine was spared because we just had a merge not too long ago, but I feel for the people who got moved. I guess an ever-changing neighborhood might be interesting, but I think it creates more problems than it solves. The only option now will be to continue mixing people endlessly so that no one settles in a disadvantaged 'hood : (

DeletedUser9635

ranked 369 in en8 and after new neighbors merger i am at 79 in my hood :-) top ten players of en8 are my neigbours now. (38 out of top 50 players are in same hood).

DeletedUser16522

i use excel doc to choose best offence against neightbours, if they would change every few weeks this would be a hell of allot of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.