• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9756

The problem is the non diamond players are put in with the diamond players that have 3 times the points they have. I know points are not everything but it needs be more balanced. In my hood people are in the top 10 players while I am 350 it makes little sense to be put the same area as someone that is in the top 100. In my hood they are around 50% the neighborhoods population. Please put diamond players in separate hoods than those who are non diamond.

I know a thing or two about good spacing but I seriously doubt I am that good to be placed with the top 100.

DeletedUser13805

The problem is the non diamond players are put in with the diamond players that have 3 times the points they have. I know points are not everything but it needs be more balanced. In my hood people are in the top 10 players while I am 350 it makes little sense to be put the same area as someone that is in the top 100. In my hood they are around 50% the neighborhoods population. Please put diamond players in separate hoods than those who are non diamond.

I know a thing or two about good spacing but I seriously doubt I am that good to be placed with the top 100.

we have had this argument before and i would agree totaly with you put diamond players in a league of there own but also put castle owners who have the huge boosts away from players who dont have castles as to me the castles are the biggest unfair advantage anyone can have over people who dont have them. and troops are worthless agaisnt huge boosts so sure lets have diamond players away from the non diamond but lets also split the castle players. that way the small players who dont have any will get a chance

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
LOL...Again the discussion has turned towards diamond players and Castle holders ....Which actually is not the issue here .... this topic is all about the neighborhood merge feedback.....We are supposed to be discussing only about the merge in this topic and not other aspects which we know very well will not be changed just because 1 or 2 members feel its not right ... neither are diamond players going to go to a separate hood of their own and neither are castles to be taken off the game ... so why dont we all just speak in this thread about the merge aspect only please so that the mods and admins get a clearer picture of what the issue is ....

The High ranked players in a hood were never an issue ..If someone is going to say that as an issue then the mods are going to only reply back saying that it is to make the game competitive ...The main issue is this age based merge is making all the top high ranking players clubbed with the mid level and low level ranked players ... giving little or no chance at all for the mid-level and low level players to compete or play the game to the full capacity ... We used to have these High ranked players even when we started to play and till this new merge ...that time we never had any complaints so why do u think now suddenly the mid-level and low level players are feeling the pinch ... Anyways I have said all that i have to say in my earlier posts ...somehow i dont know players themselves dont understand whats the real issue here giving the mods an excuse to escape from answering the queries about real issue ..

The wake-up call is 'Hey, you're not as skillful as you kept telling others you are. More important, you're not as skillful as you told yourself you are .' . . . . . . mk

its not about skill or anything ...when a mid-level player is mixed 30-35 high ranked players in same hood he will never be able to grow or show his skill ...because I m sorry to say this game is not fully a skill based game anymore ... I know a lot will not like this but when u have those GBs giving u boosts like crazy and the help of diamonds to make everything easy for u lets please not talk about skills in this game ...Strategy yes but skills no .... Taking my hood for example the top 10-15 neighbors in my hood have 280+ defense boost and all got around 150% attack boost ...Most of my neighbors (30-35) have almost finished the Tech tree ...so how do u think a mid-level player and low level ranked player can use a skill to match up these kind of players all in 1 hood ..... If the same was distributed among various hoods ... so that each hood had 2-3 even 4 of those high ranked players then it would have been still competitive ...but then with a hood of 30-35 of them there is absltly no chance at all bcoz only they can compete between themselves while we are just left to watch ....

I understand some people like you have been placed in a super competitive hood where you'd need to gather millions of battle points just to get in the medals. This is what you get when you put the top dogs together in one hood, and personally I would just enjoy it and join the slaughter myself. :D Let's first see whether things improve after the next couple of merges, but if it doesn't I would just get my medals elsewhere. Contrary to what many people believe pvp is not the best way to get medals once you have advanced up to a certain point, it's very time consuming and there can only be a few winners out of an entire hood. Deal Castle isn't the best way either, although it's a pretty good alternative if you have the FP for it. Boosting other players' Great Buildings and completing certain looping quests is the most effective way to gain medals imo. You can even combine it with leveling your own Deal Castle through FP swap agreements to get the most out of it. :)

LOL....my dear friend Mizar thought u actually understood the real issue here ...but when u post like this message makes me feel even u never understood the issue we are talking about ... Its not about gathering million points ... In my earlier hood also i was gathering a million points and even now I m gathering a million points with a super competitive hood ...but the only difference is during that time I had a chance to win medals ...it was competitive with 2-3 neighbors going neck to neck and every other neighbor having an equal chance to go for it if he really tried ...Now I m nowhere in the picture ...the guys below me can never think of competing in the PVP....the top 10 positions are taken by the high ranked players from my hood ...Guys like me can never match these players whatever we do becoz they r the big time High ranked (diamond) players... again please dont take me wrong its not about not having them in my hood at all but equal distribution among various hoods is what I have been trying to get through the mods and dev's all the time ...everytime ...

I m not interested in getting medals by hook or crook as much I m interested in competing in the PVP battles buddy.... I know there are 2 GBs which can give me a lot of medals on daily basis and I can get a lot of medals if I can level up someone else's GB ...but do u think that will keep interested in this game for long ?? I and many others are playing this game for the PVP battles and towers only ...not to get things done easily ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser15501

LOL....my dear friend Mizar thought u actually understood the real issue here ...but when u post like this message makes me feel even u never understood the issue we are talking about ... Its not about gathering million points ... In my earlier hood also i was gathering a million points and even now I m gathering a million points with a super competitive hood ...but the only difference is during that time I had a chance to win medals ...it was competitive with 2-3 neighbors going neck to neck and every other neighbor having an equal chance to go for it if he really tried ...Now I m nowhere in the picture ...the guys below me can never think of competing in the PVP....the top 10 positions are taken by the high ranked players from my hood ...Guys like me can never match these players whatever we do becoz they r the big time High ranked (diamond) players... again please dont take me wrong its not about not having them in my hood at all but equal distribution among various hoods is what I have been trying to get through the mods and dev's all the time ...everytime ...

I m not interested in getting medals by hook or crook as much I m interested in competing in the PVP battles buddy.... I know there are 2 GBs which can give me a lot of medals on daily basis and I can get a lot of medals if I can level up someone else's GB ...but do u think that will keep interested in this game for long ?? I and many others are playing this game for the PVP battles and towers only ...not to get things done easily ...

I think I understand the issue quite well, the basic issue here is not being able to compete anymore whether that be solely for the medals or just for the fun of competing itself. For you it's the aspect of competition, and that fun is ruined for you because it's literally impossible to compete with the amount of diamond players in your hood. You don't want the diamond players gone from the game, you just want them spread more evenly over the different hoods so you feel you can have a chance at competing again. Did I summarize your issue correctly? :)

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I think I understand the issue quite well, the basic issue here is not being able to compete anymore whether that be solely for the medals or just for the fun of competing itself. For you it's the aspect of competition, and that fun is ruined for you because it's literally impossible to compete with the amount of diamond players in your hood. You don't want the diamond players gone from the game, you just want them spread more evenly over the different hoods so you feel you can have a chance at competing again. Did I summarize your issue correctly? :)

Hahaha...thank u so much for summarizing it in a better way ...thats exactly the point i m trying to say but its not only to do with my hood...I think most of the players who have just reached PE have the same issue ...and this mainly because this new merge is age-based .....thats what the mods and dev's have to think about changing ... (if they can and are willing to) ...

But i know nothing is going to change atleast for the time being and as i replied to you yesterday as of now I am only waiting for the next merge to happen after 1 week from today (1st week almost over already :D ) and really hope that things will even out atleast a little bit in the second merge ....

DeletedUser

I've been placed in one of the "alpha" NH on my server. What has changed for me is that the amount of time required to compete for pvp medals has increased disproportionately. Extrapolating the number of battles after 5 days through to 7, the winner of the PE tower will have fought around 530 battles, InA about 350. This in a NH where the top 79 are all InA and most have some pvp GBs.

This is a browser game. Something to me which is supposed to be a fun distraction, that can be played in small sections.
The amount of time required now is not sustainable. "Cry more, Emo kid..." I hear you all yell :P Everyone has their own measure of what time is available to them and how they value it. In the NH I am currently in, I will have to forego pvp medals and wait 3 or 4 weeks to complete the 12k medal expansion purely through Deal Castle.
The fortnightly merge will be keenly awaited and analysed. If it does something like randomises the top 5 in the pvp towers into new hoods, that might be interesting. If it does something like taking the most competitive players from each alpha hood and further concentrating them, it will kill a large aspect of the game for some players (me).

DeletedUser

The thing is even if you are super active there is no way for a person to defeat the player far ahead of them because of the age gap, 2-3 age gaps are happening but even a full age cap in the higher ages is not balanced enough, and with GB boosts so until the person works on their GB's more and they fix the age gaps they could never win their most current or two towers.

And using lower age units for other towers do not work as it's impossible to beat the other peoples troops then unless someone still have the 2 spearmen defense or you communicate with each other and place defense for the person to be able to defeat for the purpose of lower age towers.

DeletedUser15501

Actually age gaps are important to have in a hood since it creates diversity and doesn't make everyone fight for the same tower. Competition would be even more fierce when everyone would be the exact same age in a hood. I don't think there is an easy answer, without diversity the competition is killing, and with diversity the ones who get the lower end of the stick can't compete. I don't mind myself because I'm confident I can gain ground on the ones above me and beat them eventually. But if you're already almost at the top and the only ones above you are hardcore diamond players, well I'm sorry but you've basically screwed yourself. :P

DeletedUser13805

Keep us updated there, fella! ;)

so long as you end up in a hood that gives out millions of battle points its easy to gain ground i have shot up the ranks since i got merged a month ago i was earning 1 million a week then merged into a hood that gives over 2 million and bingo up i went like a rocket and still climbing : )

DeletedUser13805

so to get back on topic instead of mud slinging over who has the best advantages etc can we think of ways to make it more fair ? could we put ideas down here that maybe the powers that be might pass them on ?
my idea would be to remove the block on players attacking guild mates, if we can all attack guild mates then that is one huge problem of guild merges solved as it wouldnt matter so much to players as they could attack guild mates as well as the rest of the hood.

DeletedUser276

so to get back on topic instead of mud slinging over who has the best advantages etc can we think of ways to make it more fair ? could we put ideas down here that maybe the powers that be might pass them on ?
my idea would be to remove the block on players attacking guild mates, if we can all attack guild mates then that is one huge problem of guild merges solved as it wouldnt matter so much to players as they could attack guild mates as well as the rest of the hood.

I already answered the attacking guild mates idea. Right now the devs are looking at "Is there a flaw in the merge mechanics" I have asked for a list from players on what is the flaw so I can explain if its a flaw or not. So far havent gotten much than... we cant win so we are quitting... and then the player sticks around. *shrug* I am a couple posts away from closing the thread since no new info is coming in.

DeletedUser9168

Blacksmith and team - Since this is meant to be a feedback thread, rather than a discussion thread, i want to feedback that there are many, many more players unhappy with these neighbourhood merges, than the number of players responding through this forum. Only a very small fraction of FOE players participate in the forum, but it is clear to me through the ingame messages with guildmates, friends and neighbours that the new merge has proved very, very unpopular and seems to be fundamentally flawed. Time and time again i am reading tales of woe, people are losing their enthusiasm for playing the game, people are bickering with each other (in-game, not just on this forum) - in a nutshell the game has lost, or is rapidly losing, its element of FUN
Hopefully by now (on page 44 of this thread) the Devs are aware of this - but just in case they still believe it is only the same few people going round and round in circles on this thread who are unhappy with the direction the game is now taking, i want to make it quite clear the disatisfied and disappointed players here are only the very tip of the iceberg. I could paste in numerous quotes from in-game posts, but they would need to be anonymous as i do not have the authors' permission to copy onto the forum.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Does Blacksmith read all the posts in here?? Just asking because I did not see him replying for the last 2 days on this thread or anywhere in the forum and then suddenly he comes on today ...replies to 1 of the non-relevant post from this last page and claims that he has only seen posts about "not winning so I m quitting "through out these 44 paged thread .... if thats the case I think its better to have this thread closed ...as it is actually of no use when the powers that be don't want to read or ignore relevant posts and just have 1 fixed thing going on in their thinking about anybody complaining about this merge...

DeletedUser276

Blacksmith and team - Since this is meant to be a feedback thread, rather than a discussion thread, i want to feedback that there are many, many more players unhappy with these neighbourhood merges, than the number of players responding through this forum. Only a very small fraction of FOE players participate in the forum, but it is clear to me through the ingame messages with guildmates, friends and neighbours that the new merge has proved very, very unpopular and seems to be fundamentally flawed. Time and time again i am reading tales of woe, people are losing their enthusiasm for playing the game, people are bickering with each other (in-game, not just on this forum) - in a nutshell the game has lost, or is rapidly losing, its element of FUN
Hopefully by now (on page 44 of this thread) the Devs are aware of this - but just in case they still believe it is only the same few people going round and round in circles on this thread who are unhappy with the direction the game is now taking, i want to make it quite clear the disatisfied and disappointed players here are only the very tip of the iceberg. I could paste in numerous quotes from in-game posts, but they would need to be anonymous as i do not have the authors' permission to copy onto the forum.

Well you could ask them to post in the forums... would solve that issue. If they dont want to then there is nothing we can do as anything anyone says about someone else is pretty much heresay.

Does Blacksmith read all the posts in here?? Just asking because I did not see him replying for the last 2 days on this thread or anywhere in the forum and then suddenly he comes on today ...replies to 1 of the non-relevant post from this last page and claims that he has only seen posts about "not winning so I m quitting "through out these 44 paged thread .... if thats the case I think its better to have this thread closed ...as it is actually of no use when the powers that be don't want to read or ignore relevant posts and just have 1 fixed thing going on in their thinking about anybody complaining about this merge...

ddevil as I said previously I was on holiday out of the country. I posted some this week as posts were needed but spent most of my time on holiday. I am back today. And no I dont read each and every thread post in here as most of it is back and forth between players. I asked for a list before as leeroyj offered a list and breakdown of grievances.. which I have not gotten. I asked about technical issues about the merge etc. I have though read through sporatic posts in here on each page to get the jist of what is being talked about. I will not though read through back and forth posts.

DeletedUser13805

I already answered the attacking guild mates idea. Right now the devs are looking at "Is there a flaw in the merge mechanics" I have asked for a list from players on what is the flaw so I can explain if its a flaw or not. So far havent gotten much than... we cant win so we are quitting... and then the player sticks around. *shrug* I am a couple posts away from closing the thread since no new info is coming in.

no what you got back was many many complaints about players in merges with lots of fellow guild members. this means they can not compete fairly. i would of thought anyone could understand that as a complaint and not dismiss it as a cry baby who will quit etc,
now the easy answer for me is dont block people from attacking guild mates this removes the issue and make a lot of players happy which i am sure is what your looking for ???
as for your answer as to why this can not be ?? i think i remember you saying something like, in the future it couldnt be done for what the devs have planned ? is this an answer or a wait and see reply that doesnt give anyone a real idea as to what the answer is ?

so in short you have a lot of unhappy people upset over the merges what is written here by the few are voiced many more times out in the game world i have offered up one simple idea soulution and as always what is your responce ? or the devs responce ? thanks for taking the time and trouble you might as well delete this thread as its useless if your not going to do anything whats the point : (

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Hmmm and u still think its only about winning or quitting is the main complaint here in this thread ?? Dont they have messages about the imbalances in the hoods?? how its affecting the mid-level and low level ranked players ?? how its making players lose interest in the game itself ?? And all U can think of is players are complaining because they are not winning towers??? Does it mean in the previous type of merge everybody used to win towers??? all the 35-40 members of a hood ?? is that why everybody was playing quietly without complaining about their neighbors or the hood being imbalanced?? Food for thought Blacksmith ...

DeletedUser276

thats why I asked for a breakdown. *shrug* but when people want to go off range and have a circular discussion for most of this thread then there isnt much incentive for me to read through it all. I have better things to do which sounds bad but there are 45 pages here. How many posts are by the same people talking about the same things.

Without a breakdown I will not respond further to this post.

and yes with 20-40 players in a hood there were way more winners considering only 5% of the player base talks in the forums the ones that are in here are just the most active... so the ones that won medals a lot.

food for thought ddevil.

and this thread unless new info comes out will be closed in a few more posts.

DeletedUser97022

Well, my neighborhood change has been kind to me by setting me as top scoring player. The neighborhood is much bigger though so lots more players involved.
However, my partner plays in a different world and she went from near top to near bottom and now can never win and thus has stopped fighting completely, which cannot be the game writers aim.
So why change things?
I can now win every fight as i outclass everyone in my neighborhood so that also has meant lost interest as i can use the automated fight and never lose. where is the fun in that?

Sorry but my main aim now is simply to complete the research to the end of Progressive Age and then i will be leaving.

Pingers

Status
Not open for further replies.