• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

that should change with the next merge. There probably wasnt enough people available in your tech area to add more to your hood. Dont worry as time goes on these things will correct themselves. In the meantime enjoy the easy medals.

Thanks for the feedback folks. We have gone through everything here and wieghed things. As it stands there isnt much that is actually wrong with the merge. If we had more people than the same 5-6 people having a rotating discussion it might make things a bit easier to go through. with so little varied posters there isnt much to go on. As far as things stand the hoods will have this kind of setup. Thanks for your feedback.

I do appreciate the honesty that nothing is going to be done, but I can't pretend that I don't find it ridiculous. I regret my part in the "5-6 people" bit b/c I allowed 2 people to derail the thread by responding to their silly comments. To say that only 5-6 people complained is grossly inaccurate though. The new merge system has only been live for about a day and a half on 6 of the 8 servers as well.

I also find it strange to say nothing is wrong with the new system. Even if you ignore everything that has been said by the players, you guys told us this would not result in hoods where you would have 1-40 all in the same hood. You also said there would be variety.

Statements like the one above and this one http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?22460-Oh-Noes-I-gots-merged-HELP!
really make it hard to believe that our feedback was ever taken seriously

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm actually surprised they didn't run the merge twice on Sunday - clearly the first merge is the most 'iffy', after each merge I can see it levelling out more and more until neighbourhoods consist of players that are around the same stage in tech tree and therefore a fair battle ground for players to fight one another. That said however, once that balance has been achieved, it would be much easier for 'variety' to be fitted in fairly.

Blacksmith / Countess / Archangel Snail - might I suggest running the merge again on B - G this weekend so that it a) brings the merges in line on all worlds, and b) so players are not stuck in these less balanced hoods for 2 weeks!

DeletedUser7023

This merge doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I have set my production buildings to 24 hour production so those who attack don't get a chance to plunder, even if they sit at their PCs all day every day. Days I can't be online to gather I just delete sections of road to my buildings. The top players who I've been thrown in with may have more points and been playing longer with buffed GBs but won't stop my gameplay and tech-tree progression.

And with so many egos in a small 'hood it can only end one way - with 1 winner and a whole lot of whiners :p

DeletedUser7023

^^ THIS!

I'm amongst a group of 10 IA players who have just been plonked into an 85 strong neighbourhood of 75 Colonial - Progressive Era players. I have 3.9k points, my nearest neighbour above me has 49k. The top player has 1.5mil.

What are we to do? I've had 40 breached attacks with plunderings in the last few hours. Where is the enjoyment in this? I only started playing a few days ago and I feel thoroughly violated!

This isn't on. :mad:

Hang on, I thought this merger was based on tech tree progression.

I call BS on that if you are putting Iron Age players in with Progressive Era ones. Where's the fairness in that?

DeletedUser276

I

Blacksmith / Countess / Archangel Snail - might I suggest running the merge again on B - G this weekend so that it a) brings the merges in line on all worlds, and b) so players are not stuck in these less balanced hoods for 2 weeks!

Thats actually out of my hands. I know that they will soon run another merge which should hopefully clean up things that were missed. If people got short neighborhooded that was because of lack of people in the same tech levels. As time goes on and more players join and play to the tech level the merges will even things out. It takes time. This goes for everyone. Rome was not built in a day and merge system is just starting to shuffle people around. In time it will smooth things out as things get more cleaned up. Its like wiping a greasy surface with a rag. First swipe gets rid of the big chunks... second cleans up a little more.. etc. Eventually though the surface will get quite clean but it may take a few swipes for this to happen.

DeletedUser16793

I'm actually surprised they didn't run the merge twice on Sunday - clearly the first merge is the most 'iffy', after each merge I can see it levelling out more and more until neighbourhoods consist of players that are around the same stage in tech tree and therefore a fair battle ground for players to fight one another. That said however, once that balance has been achieved, it would be much easier for 'variety' to be fitted in fairly.

Why cant they see, that just because you are in the same tec tree does not mean it makes a fair battle ground for players to fight one another, When there is so so so many other factors to consider.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I know that they will soon run another merge which should hopefully clean up things that were missed. If people got short neighborhooded that was because of lack of people in the same tech levels. As time goes on and more players join and play to the tech level the merges will even things out. It takes time. This goes for everyone. Rome was not built in a day and merge system is just starting to shuffle people around. In time it will smooth things out as things get more cleaned up. Its like wiping a greasy surface with a rag. First swipe gets rid of the big chunks... second cleans up a little more.. etc. Eventually though the surface will get quite clean but it may take a few swipes for this to happen.
That's why :rolleyes:

DeletedUser276

yup.... see :) I explain well. Just gotta read up a bit... though reading my posts take work as I type a ton of words ;)

DeletedUser6065

In Arvahall after the merge, one of my new neighbors is '**** jelena'. So, I guess you could say things have worked out pretty well for me . . . . mk

DeletedUser

Guilds: Yes we realise that in some cases, there are neighborhoods with multiple guild members in the same guild. This, however, is not due to any design flaw, but due to the sheer chance factor of a group of players who share a guild being in similar positions in the tech tree. Previously, we had some neighborhoods that were extremely small, but most of them were still smaller than the ~80 member neighborhoods now. So even with some guild members being in the neighborhood, there are still plenty of people to fight.

This does not hold true for me unfortunately.
I dont play on EN server, but I like to participate in discussions here since there is more feedback from the staff.
At first I was very happy with the update since it will bring more competition. Then I was less happy when I took a look at my hood, my guild and global rankings in that order. This is how Global Rankings look like in my world:

1. 1st Page of Global Rankings: All 10 players are in the same hood! I have 7 guildmates in top10 and now all of them are sharing the hood with me.
  2. 2nd page: 8 out of 10 players are in my hood. out of those 8, 5 are my guildmates!
  3. 3rd page: 7 out of 10 players are in my hood. 4 out of 7 are my guildmates!

list keeps going and reaches a total of 32 guildmates in the same hood.

I have worked very hard on running a no.1 guild in my world and to bring those players to the top and now we are discussing the folowing options:
1. dissolving the guild
2. breaking up the guild in more parts since we get less P/M if we attack each other (our defenses make up more than 60% of total points in the hood)
3. abusing the system and attacking each other while eliminating the defenses for our rivals (something I always fought against) and also coordinating plunders (mass plunder when somebody has productions ready - also unfair to others in the hood) etc.

I dont mind more competition, on the contrary, but are you really sure you dont want to factor in the "same guild" factor? Was this really intended? It would really suck to know that the distruction of my guild was intended by "design" by Inno xD

Please confirm that nothing will be done in order to cap the number of guild members in the same hood.

DeletedUser96860

Because the feedback for En6 has been closed I will reply here.
Being a Player that spent endless hours getting ahead in my neighborhood and advancing my city a little faster than others by competing in the PVP towers everyday and worked my way up to the number 1 spot, I feel as though I have been punished for it. My over all point total is only 125k and am in the middle of the col. age and have now been merged into a neighborhood where I am ranked 57th and am competing with other forgers that are in the pro. Era which my col. aged troops are no match for. As I understood it this new merge was supposed to put forgers of the same era/ point totals in the same neighborhoods....Well you screwed up in mine as we have the 85th forger with 1400 points and the number 1 player with 1.5 mil. points.
I have to ask myself is this your way of just trying to make everyone quit your game.....or is this some sort of screw up that will be fixed ?

DeletedUser4906

Because the feedback for En6 has been closed I will reply here.
Being a Player that spent endless hours getting ahead in my neighborhood and advancing my city a little faster than others by competing in the PVP towers everyday and worked my way up to the number 1 spot, I feel as though I have been punished for it. My over all point total is only 125k and am in the middle of the col. age and have now been merged into a neighborhood where I am ranked 57th and am competing with other forgers that are in the pro. Era which my col. aged troops are no match for. As I understood it this new merge was supposed to put forgers of the same era/ point totals in the same neighborhoods....Well you screwed up in mine as we have the 85th forger with 1400 points and the number 1 player with 1.5 mil. points.
I have to ask myself is this your way of just trying to make everyone quit your game.....or is this some sort of screw up that will be fixed ?

Well said but all you'll be told is a load of old waffle!

A Guild-Mate of mine reckons it's to get you mad so you just throw cash at them to buy diamonds...

Far from the stupidest reason & i still haven't seen any sensible reasoned remarks from anyone with connections to FofE.
It's TOTAL PONY!

DeletedUser

I think the 2 real reasons come from:

1) an attempt to break up guilds that are a lot more powerful than others so things will be more spread out for guild wars

2) a response to the polling they did a while back. Anwar mentioned that battling was far from top reason most people play, so I think they wanted to stick most active people who are likely to attack in one hood so the farmers can live in peace.

DeletedUser96860

I think the 2 real reasons come from:

1) an attempt to break up guilds that are a lot more powerful than others so things will be more spread out for guild wars

2) a response to the polling they did a while back. Anwar mentioned that battling was far from top reason most people play, so I think they wanted to stick most active people who are likely to attack in one hood so the farmers can live in peace.

That makes no sense to me why someone who battles with Col. Aged troops would be placed against those with Pro. era troops....seems a little one sided and unfair.
If they really wanted to move the farmers from the battlers fine but merge players in a fair way Age/point totals
How can one with 100k/ compete with 1.5 mil lmao
Also it is someones choice to only be a FARMER why does everyone else who both farms and battles have to suffer after all this game is about both farming and battling isnt it

DeletedUser96860

Well said but all you'll be told is a load of old waffle!

A Guild-Mate of mine reckons it's to get you mad so you just throw cash at them to buy diamonds...

Far from the stupidest reason & i still haven't seen any sensible reasoned remarks from anyone with connections to FofE.
It's TOTAL PONY!

Unless this gets fixed I can assure you that I will not spend another penny on this game.... For what, for me to get ahead again all for them to take it away again. I have never played a game where your progress can be taken away just like it happens here

DeletedUser15501

I do appreciate the honesty that nothing is going to be done, but I can't pretend that I don't find it ridiculous. I regret my part in the "5-6 people" bit b/c I allowed 2 people to derail the thread by responding to their silly comments.

Those 'silly' comments were perfectly ontopic actually and you've spammed this thread with your own silliness at least three times as much as the two you are referring to have done combined. :rolleyes:

bilboman

Corporal
The use of tech level is the biggest difference... Before, it was based on score and start date and average of points between 'merge-able' hoods.

Now, it breaks up hoods into chunks, it splits it where the gaps are biggest and it does so according to tech level, which is why we are seeing lost of similar aged players being merged together - I have also seen many hoods with EMA players with higher scores than HMA player who are now in the same hood.

(My personal opinion from here on in)

Maybe that was the intent, but that's not what happened in my neighbourhood. It's harder to fight against troops at much higher tech levels. Other people have voiced the same complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.