• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17220

Unless this gets fixed I can assure you that I will not spend another penny on this game.... For what, for me to get ahead again all for them to take it away again. I have never played a game where your progress can be taken away just like it happens here

we have been saying the same thing since they announced the new merging system, but still nothing has changed. your complaint would only be responded with something like "face the challenge or you did't deserve to be the no.1 in your hood" or "just collect your production in time and you won't be harmed"...

well the game can always get new players everyday since it's still a young game, so the devs probably don't care too much about these negative feedback at all. so what's happening is really either we adapt ourselves to the new system or just it's about time for us to leave and regret all the time we have spent on it.

DeletedUser96871

Neighbourhood Merge

Feedback? As number 1056 on EN1 I just got merged into a neighborhood with the SIXTH ranked guy among other waaaaaaaaay higher ranked players. I'm only half way through the Colonial age and he appears 100% through Industrial. Please tell me this was a bug and will be fixed..? I'm all for fair neighborhoods where new players and people an age below you don't get merged but this is just outrageous. Assuming this is a bug, I still support the idea of fair merges and give the idea 10/10. IF this was intended and THIS is how the new merge system is SUPPOSED to work, 1/10 since this has created an absolutely incompetitive neighborhood with insane imbalance and very, very poor coordination. As stands currently, my little city is absolutely doomed and I SINCERELY hope this bug is fixed soon - again, HIGHLY assuming this is NOT intended.

Oh, and just to clarify the diffrence, I've got 146.459 points, the abovementioned player has 1.351.903 points.

The current rankins in my 'new' (hopefully VERY temporary) neighborhood is as follows:

6, 11, 110, 146, 148, 172, 198, 263, 312, 327, 336, 369, 379, 387, 397, 406, 410, 414, 468, 487, 488, 583, 584, 648, 650, 707, 710, 746, 777, 779, 805, 870, 921, 945, 952, 954, 990, 999, 1034, 1056(me), 1069, 1104, 1111, 1143, 1169, 1186, 1339, 1350, 1428, 1461, 1502, 1528, 1627, 1666, 1671, 1687, 1712, 1719, 1735, 1768, 1840, 1895, 1938, 1940, 1969, 1988, 2082, 2113, 2141, 2148, 2212, 2398, 2618, 2820, 2830.

This means the current span of;
Points in the neighborhood range from 1.351.903 - 50.126.
Ranks in the neighborhood range from 6 - 2830.

While I am OBVIOUSLY not the worst hit player among my own neighborhood personally, I can freely state that atleast 90% (based losely on presence of GB's, activity in PvP and point gathering) in my new neighborhood will suffer more than they will benefit from this merger. And I'm not sure a merge system which only falls to encourage and benefit 1/10th of the players is anything to be proud of. Again, this post ASSUMES the merge to be a BUG and that this WILL be fixed hopefully soon so we can return to enjoying the game in a more balanced structure, but IF it's not, that's just shameful.

(Note: The numbers posted above are all accurate as of 07/24/13 - 04:27pm. Changes may/will occour as players are active but not deemed enough to heavilly influence the outlined flaws!)

I play in two worlds - Greifental & East Nagach. In Griefental I am nearly at the end of Colonnial Age with 88,000 points. Since the neighbourhood merge I am ranked 65th in the hood with the top ten neighbours being ranked in the top 70. To survive is impossible. Their armies plus 150% defense boosts make it impossible to either beat them or prevent plundering. I have removed my defense army and left 2 spearfighters so they do not get many points from me but I am now being told by them that unless I put up a decent defense that they will take my valuables constantly.

How can anyone play and enjoy a game in this way. It's like playing with schoolyard bullies. They are nothing but overgrown kids who have bullied and bought their way to the top and ruined everyone's chances of enjoyment.

DeletedUser276

How can anyone play and enjoy a game in this way. It's like playing with schoolyard bullies. They are nothing but overgrown kids who have bullied and bought their way to the top and ruined everyone's chances of enjoyment.

Then build your city properly. Build it so your houses and supplies are producing the times you need to produce. So if your on all day get 1 hour - 4 hour buildings. If your on periodically get 8 hour ones. Or if your a pt player get 24 hour buildings. If you collect WHEN they are due AS they are due then players can threaten all they want. They wont win anything.

DeletedUser13805

Then build your city properly. Build it so your houses and supplies are producing the times you need to produce. So if your on all day get 1 hour - 4 hour buildings. If your on periodically get 8 hour ones. Or if your a pt player get 24 hour buildings. If you collect WHEN they are due AS they are due then players can threaten all they want. They wont win anything.

you dont seem to understand what people feel like if there getting bullied everyday but lots of stronger players. its not as simple as you make out
lets be honest when the big players started playing this game they had it easy and fair as no one had castles and everyone was at the same level.
but now new players or players that have been around a while are always getting the short end of things by people who hide behind huge castle boosts those players wouldnt of stuck around if they were the new blood and got picked on daily by players they couldnt hit back
thats the main point people want to be able to hit the robbers back and they can not there is nothing at all to stop players who advance to a strong age etc

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
LOL...all this problems / issues only because everybody was just asking for higher increase in the merge frequency and to maintain most of the hoods at 70 -80 members ... I dont think anybody had any problem with the type of neighbors they were getting merged....It was a simple request I guess so that everybody was able to do more activities in the game rather than have only 35-45 neighbors with 5-10 being inactive ... I dont really see why the dev's thought this type of merge will be a good idea and will help players ..whereas actually I think this will make many quit PVP because a lot of them are not able to win any medals or towers ...And Its not the case of not winning any tower for only this week or for a few weeks ...In some hoods there will be players who will never be able to match the no.1 to no.10 of their hood whatever they do or how much ever they try their best ...its has become a competition only for the top level players now within themselves ...the mid-level and low-level players have to just quit the game bcoz they cannot match those so high-ranked players in their hood....i feel most of them will stop playing the game because fighting was the only activity that kept them in the game during the long gaps between any new content being added to the game ... but now for many of them the fighting is of no purpose anymore...

I m in a hood with most of the top ranked players including the No.1 of my world ... I dont think I will be able to win any more medals /towers ...my hood has now 83 members (yes thats right not 80 ..but 83 ..the last 3 are players who have just started playing the game)..the IndA tower and PE tower is already running 4 pages long with almost 40 fighters in both towers ...LOL... I was fighting for fun till now but now it looks like its become a chore ...Keep fighting keep fighting all through the day ...1 day we miss and we will go like 5-6 levels down in the tower ... Lost interest in PVPing now...just fighting to keep myself interested in the game with the hopes that the next merge after 2 weeks might be a better one... I know nothing is going to change whatever we all say ... I will play the game till I can get the fun out of it and if cannot or of no use to me I might as well leave it ...simple as that ...not going to lose my sleep over it ...

On a side note I also feel the game is tilting more towards diamond players now whereas before all this happened I always used to think that this is a very balanced game which gave equal opportunity for both the diamond and non-diamond players equally ... Both the Progressive Era and this merge I feel is more suitable for diamond players than the non-diamond players ...how can i match the space to build with someone who has 4-5 armored car buildings, 3-4 tanks factory and / or 2-3 snipers camp in their city ...LOL...this is apart from having a couple of RFC buildings and a couple of Conscripts ...their defending boost at 280+% and attack boost 150%... I m thrusted with not just 1 player like this but atleast 10-12 in the same hood ...And all this has happened only because i just stepped into the progressive era tech-tree a few days back ... long way to go for me to even reach the armored car research ...LOL

DeletedUser15501

I play in two worlds - Greifental & East Nagach. In Griefental I am nearly at the end of Colonnial Age with 88,000 points. Since the neighbourhood merge I am ranked 65th in the hood with the top ten neighbours being ranked in the top 70. To survive is impossible. Their armies plus 150% defense boosts make it impossible to either beat them or prevent plundering. I have removed my defense army and left 2 spearfighters so they do not get many points from me but I am now being told by them that unless I put up a decent defense that they will take my valuables constantly.

How about you just put up a decent defense so they won't plunder you anymore? If they were really bullies they would plunder you always no matter what you do. Besides it's easy to avoid being plundered like Blacksmith pointed out already, and if they can't plunder you they can't hurt you either.

DeletedUser8813

you dont seem to understand what people feel like if there getting bullied everyday but lots of stronger players. its not as simple as you make out
lets be honest when the big players started playing this game they had it easy and fair as no one had castles and everyone was at the same level.
but now new players or players that have been around a while are always getting the short end of things by people who hide behind huge castle boosts those players wouldnt of stuck around if they were the new blood and got picked on daily by players they couldnt hit back
thats the main point people want to be able to hit the robbers back and they can not there is nothing at all to stop players who advance to a strong age etc

no matter how hoods get merged there are going to be those on top and those on the bottom .the ones on the bottom are going to be attacked more than the top .ones
as they dont have the army to do so .
this is all part of the game pvp is part of the game it tells you so when you sign up to play ,same as building ,farming its all part of the game .
there can be no bullying ,you can only attack 1 time every 24 hours .yes you can be plundered ,"but this can be controlled" by you the player no one else can do it for you.
you go on about castles they also became a part of the game ,everyone has the opportunity to have them ..new players cannot expect to compete or even retaliate ..for a long time.
players who have been around for a while and cant compete have no one else to blame but themselves ,any one who has been around a while should have gbs for themselves there are plenty of opportunities out there to get them.
new players will never be able to hit back any player who has been active for a while ,it only stands to reason..no game puts you on an even footing as soon as you join.it takes time and effort.
so to call players who have worked hard ,put in countless hours .to forge ahead of the crowd bullies ...shows a lack of understanding of game mechanics...and to be honest darn right insulting.

DeletedUser4906

On a side note I also feel the game is tilting more towards diamond players now whereas before all this happened I always used to think that this is a very balanced game which gave equal opportunity for both the diamond and non-diamond players equally ... Both the Progressive Era and this merge I feel is more suitable for diamond players than the non-diamond players ...how can i match the space to build with someone who has 4-5 armored car buildings, 3-4 tanks factory and / or 2-3 snipers camp in their city ...LOL...this is apart from having a couple of RFC buildings and a couple of Conscripts ...their defending boost at 280+% and attack boost 150%... I m thrusted with not just 1 player like this but atleast 10-12 in the same hood ...And all this has happened only because i just stepped into the progressive era tech-tree a few days back ... long way to go for me to even reach the armored car research ...LOL

Damn right about that!
Just put 'em in their own world & leave us clever folk to get on with things.....

It's ALL about money & anyone/Mod etc who says different is just towing the party line!

Any answers about merges/balancing etc is just waffle using typical cliches & off a script.

Overall player numbers in my world are dropping very rapidly, 28k a few weeks back now down to around 13k.
Read into that what you will......

DeletedUser13805

no matter how hoods get merged there are going to be those on top and those on the bottom .the ones on the bottom are going to be attacked more than the top .ones
as they dont have the army to do so .
this is all part of the game pvp is part of the game it tells you so when you sign up to play ,same as building ,farming its all part of the game .
there can be no bullying ,you can only attack 1 time every 24 hours .yes you can be plundered ,"but this can be controlled" by you the player no one else can do it for you.
you go on about castles they also became a part of the game ,everyone has the opportunity to have them ..new players cannot expect to compete or even retaliate ..for a long time.
players who have been around for a while and cant compete have no one else to blame but themselves ,any one who has been around a while should have gbs for themselves there are plenty of opportunities out there to get them.
new players will never be able to hit back any player who has been active for a while ,it only stands to reason..no game puts you on an even footing as soon as you join.it takes time and effort.
so to call players who have worked hard ,put in countless hours .to forge ahead of the crowd bullies ...shows a lack of understanding of game mechanics...and to be honest darn right insulting.

it might be insulting but its the truth try and fight with out your castle boosts and you will see what i mean : )
i dont mean to insult but i am being honest how can anyone with a huge castle boost then boast there some sort of great player ? there is no challenge at all for those who have them the only people who can hit them are people like me who have a strong enough boost to get past there defence and there are not many players like me around most are far more weaker and its these players that can not do anything about it. but sit back and watch others who had it easy when they first played the game still get it easy as they have these monster boosts. whats up are people afriad of real competion that they need there safety net to stop them being picked on ?
sorry but its like watching a bunch of fairys at times

DeletedUser4906

there are not many players like me around most are far more weaker and its these players that can not do anything about it.
sorry but its like watching a bunch of fairys at times

There are loads like you, continually giving it the "Big Charlie Potatoes"

Like to see you in my 'hood & see the diamond players trounce you on a daily basis, some only have 200 up to 325% attack/defence bonus so you should go through them like a knife through butter......

Death or Glory!

DeletedUser276

Damn right about that!
Just put 'em in their own world & leave us clever folk to get on with things.....

It's ALL about money & anyone/Mod etc who says different is just towing the party line!

Any answers about merges/balancing etc is just waffle using typical cliches & off a script.

Overall player numbers in my world are dropping very rapidly, 28k a few weeks back now down to around 13k.
Read into that what you will......

I read into it that your not winning so your whining. boosts give people an advantage... but its not life ending. I can still beat people of the same age as me with 0 gb boosts because of the stupidity of the AI. I also plan my attacks around what the other player has for a defense. Sometimes they swap it up but most times not so I know what to expect. Sure I take damage.. and no I dont use premium features on here as I dont want players saying I cheat. I do however use premium on another hidden server where staff get to play freely. The bonus is noticable but not battle ending.

also folks please moderate your tone and wording please. The more abrubt you will be the mods will be just as abrupt back. This feature will be staying. There may be some adjustments but the over all as far as we can see will be like this. Though every 2 weeks merges will slightly alter the playing field as merges are smoothed out.

DeletedUser13805

There are loads like you, continually giving it the "Big Charlie Potatoes"

Like to see you in my 'hood & see the diamond players trounce you on a daily basis, some only have 200 up to 325% attack/defence bonus so you should go through them like a knife through butter......

Death or Glory!

lol bring them on, there the big charlie potatos are they : ) surely you can handle a bunch of diamond players, with huge castle boosts ? stick your archer up agaisnt them with a 200% boost you should at least scratch a finger on 1 of the troops : ) yes this game is so fair isnt it

DeletedUser4906

I read into it that your not winning so your whining. boosts give people an advantage... but its not life ending. I can still beat people of the same age as me with 0 gb boosts because of the stupidity of the AI. I also plan my attacks around what the other player has for a defense. Sometimes they swap it up but most times not so I know what to expect. Sure I take damage.. and no I dont use premium features on here as I dont want players saying I cheat. I do however use premium on another hidden server where staff get to play freely. The bonus is noticable but not battle ending.

Not whining at all just a suggestion about sticking the diamond players in their OWN world, i'm not into ranking's etc but just like work, you want a fair day's pay for a fair day's work, how about a fair "balance"?

Oh no, I forgot...FofE don't do anything like that.....

And it's cool to cheat on another hidden server.....

Good for you!:cool:

DeletedUser276

why would we stick diamond users in their own hood? the point on buying premium on ANY game is to be growing faster or to be winning more in battles. Sticking premium users in their own hood defeats that purpose.

You want fair balance only when it works in your favor. I have given many suggestions on how to get around the "issues" as some people in here have described. I also love how you totally ignore the points I made in my post and tried to talk about "cheating" on a server thats not accessible to players but is for staff only.
If you want everything to be fair all you have to do is purchase or "earn" some premium. If this keeps up where the exact same players are posting like this and throwing attitude to try and draw confrontation to the forums their accounts will be removed. there are constructive ways to get your point across. Disrespecting the staff or the game is not one of them.

DeletedUser

lol bring them on, there the big charlie potatos are they : ) surely you can handle a bunch of diamond players, with huge castle boosts ? stick your archer up agaisnt them with a 200% boost you should at least scratch a finger on 1 of the troops : ) yes this game is so fair isnt it

Jeez guys. Didn't you know you can get more battle points than someone with 150 % ATT/DEF boost by using the right units when you attack? The towers will be a cakewalk. There is NO WAY those players will be doing the same or that those boosts will mean they get more attacks per day and more points per battle. Stop your whining. It only takes 3,410 FPs to level just a Deal Castle to level 10, so you will be there in no time. Forget that you could go through entire tech tree from beginning to end several times over in the same amount of time it takes to level all your GBs to 10. The tech tree is clearly the only true way to achieve the balance that a dozen people were screaming for. Oh yeah, put up a good defense and collect your stuff on time b/c I am pretty sure that helps you win towers as well.

DeletedUser4906

If you want everything to be fair all you have to do is purchase or "earn" some premium.

You didn't highlight the word "purchase"

You read things that arent there.
Why not stick diamond players altogether? It would be a fairer "balance" for them in particular.
No easy street then.
How you conclude that people are throwing attitude & confrontaion is beyond me, people want answers that's all, nothing else.
Where in this entire thread have staff been disrespected?
You mentioned playing PREMIUM in another world but didn't in your own as you didn't want to be seen as "cheating" your words not mine.

I want a "balance" that works & this so obviously doesn't as people here & other threads have said.

That's all in my own very humble opinion but if you feel that i've stepped way over the mark then i guess you'll dish out an "infraction" etc.

What's the point in a forum where what you say isn't listened to or answered to some sort of satisfaction.

Seems many of us fail to understand the logic apart from the diamond players...;)

Maybe if i polish enough i can "earn" some!....:p

Last edited by a moderator:

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
My whole point in that big post of mine before this was that the previous merging I dont think most of the players had any issues or problem even though everybody used to get a couple or a little more of the diamond players in their hood ...those were still manageable according to me with non-diamond players having equal chance at the towers and that hood looked more balanced ...the only issue at that time was the merge was not happening frequently leaving most of the hoods with lesser neighbors and lesser activity...I m not against diamond players at that time and neither am i now ...I understand this game needs them and they need those diamonds to be more competitive in the game...but thrusting all the same age players together in 1 neighborhood does not seem to be a good idea to me ...the non-diamond players in the current age will be the most affected because that's where almost 99% of the diamond players would have reached ...and so all those who have just reached PE will get mostly a lot of diamond players in their hood to compete with ...in my hood I m surrounded by diamond players with just a handful of non-diamond players ... AND its not a good scenario ... It would be better if these high ranked high points players (read diamond players) were distributed equally among different hoods ... which i think was happening before this new merge happened ... Anyways as i said before I know and i understand very well that the game will go on like this from now on whatever we say or bang our head in this forum ... I was just saying what I felt about this new merge ....is all ..

DeletedUser16793

What you mean they wont win anything, they win points for attacking you muppet

Status
Not open for further replies.