• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #42 2018-02-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwateguy

Major-General
I found the neighbourhood pot at 560 ... and won in two tickets with the double chance.
It's probably not worth it at lower levels (when you're forced to spend your ticket(s) at 200).

7 hours ago by Mr.Quib:
" I think the double chance is a waste of florins. For each loss at the 5% game you gain 15 florins, but spend 20.
The best chance for the 5% is collecting at least 50 tickets before playing.
No guarantees, it has cost me around 130 tickets before I won and I started when it was at 460. "

I haven't noticed any mention of the time it would take to amass that big pile of tickets. While some quests are certainly fast to do, something with 8-hour productions will take at least that long unless you speed things up (with diamonds). Once you have more than 11 tickets, regeneration stops. I'm sure someone at higher levels can finish the tasks faster than I can but I can't help but think the 5% and 15% "games" are the ones Inno put in to fleece the customers.

I'll admit I throw a ticket their way on occasion when the prize is high enough for my greed genes to kick in but it's always my last ticket. If it were my first ticket, I might fall prey to that notion of "my luck is bound to turn with just one more ticket." "Rats! One more..." "Rats! One more ..."

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks! Apologies - I'm not sure where my Sunday disappeared to, but this week's competition is closed as of last night. The results will be announced, and a new thread started tomorrow :)
In the meanwhile, please continue to use this thread

DeletedUser110179

Why does he have so many Terrace Farms ... and so few SoK ?
#1 Track13 EN 6 ... 703 Million points.

Probably the highest score of any server.

#1 Track13-EN6-Q7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112366

The number on right side shown how many goods you would get if you (a player) are in progressive or lower age. While left number shows current number of goods gained in modern or higher age.

Thank you for your comment. I just want to understand why the ages are different between left and right

DeletedUser110179

#1 tom thumb - Griefental - EN 7
Many Sacred Sky Watch ... you would think he'ld replace them with SoK.

#1 tom thumb-EN7-Q7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

Thank you for your comment. I just want to understand why the ages are different between left and right

In modern and after, GB produce unrefined goods at double rate of ordinary. Those unrefined goods are necessary for making refined goods. Steel would be refined good while carbon and iron would be unrefined, if compared to RL.

In any case, that is a bug which has been thought solved.

DeletedUser111866

In any case, that is a bug which has been thought solved.
No, it's a display bug that doesn't affect the game, so it's very low priority and maaaybe they'll get to solve it in a year or two.

DeletedUser

This depends on what do you actually want to calculate. Assuming each try is independent to be a win or a loss from all the othr tries, there are simple formulae to get chances of 0 wins, at least 1 win or all wins out of N. These involve the main probability law of two independent events. Say A and B are some events that may happen and are deemed independent, and P(A) and P(B) are their respective probabilities. Then the chance of them both happening is the product of individual chances, P(A and B)=P(A)*P(B). So, to win all N events if a single win chance is X will have a probability of X^N, to lose all of em (1-X)^N and to win at least one (1-(1-X)^N), because if you won at least once, you exactly did not lost all of them, so you subtract the probability for losing all from 1 (there's another basic law, P(A)+P(not A)=1, meaning that an event either happens or does not happen). Then, as you desire to calculate a probability of a certain event, you need to split the set of all possible events into independent elementary events, calculate their probabilities, then sum up all probabilities for these elementary events that make your desired event A happen, you then get its exact probability.
Thanks a lot! That's very informative^^

DeletedUser110179

Maybe everyone will be able to afford a few diamonds this year ... 2:26

DeletedUser110179

I've always preferred Albino Black Sheep over YouTube.
Lol ... I think the New Zealanders simply prefer any sheep:

" There used to be 20 sheep for every person in NZ. Now the latest statistics from Beef and Lamb NZ show it has fallen to about seven to one, or about 30 million sheep. "

05c62b0156e3f804c406b95674b550fa

DeletedUser

For some reason, this reminds me of the Emu War, which took place in Australia. There were so many emus, that the government declared war against them and sent the army to kill them. And Australia actually kinda lost the war.

DeletedUser111866

For some reason, this reminds me of the Emu War, which took place in Australia. There were so many emus, that the government declared war against them and sent the army to kill them. And Australia actually kinda lost the war
heh, thanks for bringing this to my attention :) Really, fighting wildlife with army is sort of stupid. Single hunters en masse would do more harm, yet should they really exterminate poor emus? They can't retaliate vs humans anyway.

DeletedUser

I don't think they really wanted to exterminate them, more like reduce their population. The funny thing is that emus caught on their military tactics very quickly, and managed to run away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.