• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #42 2018-02-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I guess you could build every GB and your ranking would crack the sky.

Track13
is #1 on EN 6 ... with 703 Million points.
Many of his GBs aren't leveled very high but he seems to have every GB possible.
You can do it either way! #1 on EN11 has 140 Million but only 800 battles (huge GBs) whilst #2 has 121 Million with 95,000 battles and moderately high GBs.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Wow! This thread’s still going. I keep coming back expecting to find you all moved on.
Given that this thread didn't start until Tuesday last week I think we'll all be here for a few more hours yet!

Battles are cool
I agree! If only you could plunder some reward from GvG battles then perhaps the GvG map might not be as stagnant as it is! Maybe, if you had a %chance of plundering a few goods from the enemy guild's Treasury some more guilds might get involved and make the maps a little more fluid; even if the plundered goods went into your guild's Treasury rather than the attacking players.

DeletedUser111866

Maybe, if you had a %chance of plundering a few goods from the enemy guild's Treasury some more guilds might get involved and make the maps a little more fluid; even if the plundered goods went into your guild's Treasury rather than the attacking players.
Hmm, are ghost guilds enough to do some GvG movement?

LadyHecate

Major-General
Hmm, are ghost guilds enough to do some GvG movement?
Most definitely! Especially against the larger guilds. Ghost guilds can deplete a large guild's Treasury quite quickly if played well. Eventually, the larger guild tends to win the war of attrition but can cause some major heartache in the process and some significant map movement.

DeletedUser

Most definitely! Especially against the larger guilds. Ghost guilds can deplete a large guild's Treasury quite quickly if played well. Eventually, the larger guild tends to win the war of attrition but can cause some major heartache in the process and some significant map movement.
What do ghost guilds exactly do?

LadyHecate

Major-General
What do ghost guilds exactly do?

I quote my response from Week #31:
Ghost Guilds are normally guilds with 1-3 players which are generally created specifically for GvG. They can either be totally independent or, frequently, a temporary sub-Guild of larger Guilds which already control large numbers of Provinces on the GvG map.
As an independent Guild the players are generally just after PvP Tower points and create angst for the larger Guilds by attacking their Provinces. Often they have no intentions of capturing the Province and the larger Guild just has to replace damaged DAs, however, many do capture the odd Province. Whilst the cost of launching such attacks is extremely cheap for the Ghost Guild, the cost of recapturing the Province and unlocking all the DA slots again for the larger Guild can become extremely expensive in goods.
Hence why some of the larger GvG guilds have their own Ghost Guilds to counter the independent Ghost Guilds as the cost in Treasury goods is greatly reduced.

DeletedUser111866

Eventually, the larger guild tends to win the war of attrition but can cause some major heartache in the process and some significant map movement.
I really doubt this. If a ghost guild is a satellite of some other large guild, allowing it to take whatever they just ripped off their rivals, ghost guild wins, because attrition will be big guild vs big guild, and Traz lv80 would supply ghost guild fighters with expendable troops to defeat a sector off the rival guild, and then they just don't set up defense to not waste their small treasury.

Status
Not open for further replies.