• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #31 2017-12-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111866

"russkiy materniy" is still better :P

PS: I wish there would be people speaking elvish in common reality. It's an interesting language.

DeletedUser104719

There are certainly people who speak it; I would imagine there are groups who speak it among themselves, but I have no specific knowledge of said groups

DeletedUser

Back in my school years I had a classmate who tried to learn it.

DeletedUser104719

Given to understand it's a serious undertaking; Tolkien devoted years to developing... well, many languages, but still. He wrote papers and such; worth a look if you're really interested :)

DeletedUser110179

I do it telepathically ... silence is golden, so shut up and get rich.

Silence is Golden.jpg

Finally, I have managed to bodge together a plan for my Winter Set buildings that I won on beta.
For a 6x5 shape requiring quite a lot of road connection, I can get 18 goods, 5 FP, medals (quite a lot of), attack boost, coins, supply, happiness.
Even allowing for the road connectiions, that's better than a Terrace Farm (5FP or 20 goods) and arguably better than a host of SoKs, since although they would give more FP and about the same coin, they would 't give the goods etc..

The problem is that they are almost all previous-age, so the goods are old ones and everything but the FP is lower than it would be if only I had known I would have to advance an age to complete the Winter Event. And at NINE buldings, there isn't a hope in hell I will get enough one-up kits. So maybe I am talking myself out of using them after all :(

DeletedUser110179

The problem is that they are almost all previous-age, so the goods are old ones and everything but the FP is lower than it would be if only I had known I would have to advance an age to complete the Winter Event. And at NINE buldings, there isn't a hope in hell I will get enough one-up kits. So maybe I am talking myself out of using them after all :(
Yah, the "if I had known" is a refrain as old as FoE (and life itself) ... as popular as "I need more land".

Being on Beta, you're already wayy ahead of the competition.
It's like starting a 100m race from the 90m mark, eventhough the length of the race is always increasing.

That said, only coins, supplies, medals and happiness are age-specific while Tinkerer's Tent boosts coin production
by a universal percentage (ie 2, 3 or 5%). Goods, fp, attack and defense are really not affected by the age you are in.

So maybe I am talking myself out of using them after all :(
Classic ... (Overcome) Fear of Success .

TinkerersTent.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

Well, let's start with FIFTY time one-hour productions
then go on to New Year's Day, which will FORCE a technology research (or quit the Event early).
Just realised that you can bring Terrace Farm and Cider Mills to bear.

Bountiful_Cider_Mill.png

DeletedUser96901

Finally, I have managed to bodge together a plan for my Winter Set buildings that I won on beta.
For a 6x5 shape requiring quite a lot of road connection, I can get 18 goods, 5 FP, medals (quite a lot of), attack boost, coins, supply, happiness.
Even allowing for the road connectiions, that's better than a Terrace Farm (5FP or 20 goods) and arguably better than a host of SoKs, since although they would give more FP and about the same coin, they would 't give the goods etc..

btw:
madame fortunas tent & straw star tent
are "all ages"-buildings

like victory tower and wishing well
so they automatically advance to the next age when you reach it

so you only need 7 kits ;)

DeletedUser108047

get your own language then you will get your own server :lol:

that is the reason not some weird Eurovision

perhaps - I was being facetious about Eurovision (althougth it is weird that Australia participates) but playing from Oz means GvG is extremely difficult because of the fixed reset time. If they can do a server at gmt +7 they can surely do a server at gmt+10

Yet another example of an unlevel playing field in this game... some get DCs, app is not the same as pc etc, some get to play at optimum time others not. If it is an international server then it should be fair or accesible to all...

That said, only coins, supplies, medals and happiness are age-specific while Tinkerer's Tent boosts coin production by a universal percentage (ie 2, 3 or 5%). Goods, fp, attack and defense are really not affected by the age you are in.
Goods most certainly are affected by the age you are in. According to many peoples idea of what is fair, until I upgrade my goods producers, they are turning out goods only worth half of what they could be worth.

Percentage boosts and FP are the only things unaffected. Coins, supplies, medals, happiness, goods are all affected .. which is hardly an 'only' when considering what most configurations are going to end up producing.

btw:
madame fortunas tent & straw star tent
are "all ages"-buildings
Oh, so they are! Thank you for pointing that out. Given that none of the buildings have population (the typical determinatin) I don't see why they don't all auto-upgrade/are all-ages. That would make collecting and siting them so much more worthwhile.

Just realised that you can bring Terrace Farm and Cider Mills to bear.
You can use ANY production building. Although Inno's wiki doesn't make it very clear, look at the fan wiki's page on special buildings and there is a column in the listings that says if the special building is a production building.
The general rule (currently applying but not always followed by Inno) is that any building with the six time period menu is a Production Building.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.