• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #31 2017-12-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

There is no top, right? The cost of buying forge points keeps going up and up ad aeternum, doesn't it?

DeletedUser

It would be boring indeed! I wouldn't know what to do with all my money

DeletedUser111589

Well, I wouldn't mind a price limit. It would just mean more bought FP

DeletedUser111589

640 stars equals 5 SoKs, ~3k medals, almost 100 FP. The other stuff isn't worth mentioning.

Wow @LadyHecate that cost of FP could get me just 2 of them with my current Jaims coins

DeletedUser111866

Nice haul Ilela, I wonder how many SoKs are optimal in early ages however. I find that I need more pop, and these don't come with SoKs.

Just lost triple 50% guess in GE... frustrating beyond measure, even if perfectly possible.

DeletedUser111589

I have Innovation tower and more than enough population.

DeletedUser111866

Sure with Inno, and in EMA. I only have Babel for pop, and it's far inferior to Inno... just where to get them BPs if my friends who have Inno don't pump it anymore?

DeletedUser

Sure with Inno, and in EMA. I only have Babel for pop, and it's far inferior to Inno... just where to get them BPs if my friends who have Inno don't pump it anymore?
Get friends from the appropriate age, when you aid them, there's a chance of getting a blueprint.

DeletedUser111589

1/3rd of my town is being built now that I have reached LMA

DeletedUser110179

I'm up to 439,000 coins per FP when buying them!
Good to see you back ... hope you win 500 .
It'll be too late to win 5 Halmbock but should help to bring you closer to the Top 10.

GloabalRanking Bridgeman55.jpg

I'm just amazed that I've still got this triple-arrow thingy.
Most of these guys are in Modern Age and beyond ... I'm in HMA where everything you do, gives you less points.

Do you guys also have the triple arrow.

9 FP , 28 Goods combo (Special Thanks to pawelp)
A very balanced arrangement ... No more than 2 Daily Specials for each type of piece.

There rally is little point planning what you will do with buidlings which you probably won't get. Unless you are spending stupid amount of money (or at least, diamonds) you can't guarantee getting a good set.

On beta, where I went through about 400 diamonds on the Event and only went for Winter Set buildings when I started out with at least 90 Stars, I still only ended up with:
1 Sugar Baker’s Booth [4]
1 Toymaker’s Booth [4]
2 Moose Meadow [4] (won on a 2x, when I had got almost every other prize)
2 Straw Star Tent [4] (including the final one I'll get tomorrow)
2 M.Fortuna’s Tent [4] (one as a prize, the other for completing quest 5)
1 Smörgåsbord Feast [3]
0 Candlemaker’s Tent [3] (I did try for one)
1 Halmbock [3]
0 Tinkerer’s Tent [3] (I might not have even tried for one)

As yet, I have not seen a good way to arrange them that makes them worthwhile, especially as I was caught out by Inno breaking their word on giving options to tech quests and so most of them are now previous age with no realistic chance of updating them.

DeletedUser110179

There really is little point planning what you will do with buildings which you probably won't get.
Unless you are spending stupid amount of money (or at least, diamonds) you can't guarantee getting a good set.
Quite so ... although it wont help if you believe that you wont get them and can't get them.

I haven't come across anyone that refuses to use diamonds in any way ... some have never bought diamonds in 5 years of playing but they still do some sort of "diamond mining" even if it involves WWs and Seed Vault in their primary city.
Quite frankly, I don't think that the 49 size (Winter Village) is achievable without the use of diamonds in some way. I noticed that you managed 10 set pieces on Beta ... which is already pretty close to the 14 required for the 49 size (Winter Village). I also noticed that you spent 400 diamonds which really is a bad number because 700 diamonds gets you 100 stars (while 380 gets you 50 stars).

Guys playing for many years have a huge advantage in knowing how things work and what to expect ... so too playing on Beta (it's a tremendous boost to the planning process if you can Go Back to the Future). Experience comes with certain advantages while new players may bring boundless enthusiasm and open-mindedness to the table.
I may never achieve the layout that I seek but some kind of long-term goal is essential. I made the mistake of not getting a Sugar Baker's Booth on day 1 ... which now forces me into a situation where I have to get 2 nextime around (which could be at double the cost for the 2nd SBB). Too many mistakes and you cut yourself out of the running.

Finally, what is a stupid amount of money ... I don't know. Greeks went through a period of not being able to spend any foreign currency at all (even if they were personally wealthy and willing) ... making in game diamond mining essential. People will spend more on going to the movies, pub or restaurant than they'll ever spend on gaming.

Priority is key ... what's important to you.

As yet, I have not seen a good way to arrange them that makes them worthwhile, especially as I was caught out by Inno breaking their word on giving options to tech quests and so most of them are now previous age with no realistic chance of updating them.
To my mind, the only things of value are FP, Attack and Goods ... all ageless in the Winter Set.

The 49 size layout is perfect eventhough it's not my design and I preferred the more "attack heavy" combo.
@ 9 fp/d you're getting wayy more than anybody will get from SoK alone (with good efficiency) ... while getting 27 goods in the same space ...
and 3% attack just for fun.

lh2TiGG.jpg

yoNaGLs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111866

Get friends from the appropriate age, when you aid them, there's a chance of getting a blueprint
What to do with current friends? Drop everyone? Kinda stupid IMHO. Also aiding kind of got hampered for me, 1 BP in the last 3 days (a CoA however, I still have it incomplete) of full aiding (except one revenge attack and several 2-spearmen battles for DC), this is 500 aids total. Something is fishy around here I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.