• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #23 2017-10-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Found an earwig just hanging out on an unopened can of tuna fish.....

He chose....unwisely.

DeletedUser110179

Don't you just hate this kind of exuberance and love for the simple joys of life (The Arc is too powerful thread) .
Where are all those guys fighting for 2 Arcs and 1001 levels ?

hahahahahahaha.... we all play our own way... :)

As long as you are having fun there is no right way to play... you can criticise any strategy... I LOVE my city and that is all that matters to me...

I can't lay any of the spare expansions I have already without killing any of the animated wildlife... and we can't have that !!... for me cosmetics are as much fun as efficiency... for others there is beauty in efficiency..

DeletedUser110195

Don't you just hate this kind of exuberance and love for the simple joys of life (The Arc is too powerful thread) .
Where are all those guys fighting for 2 Arcs and 1001 levels ?
Once upon a time, I didn't know it was possible to build GBs above my age, or push the story quests multiple ages above my own. Back then I played just like all these people who think the Arc is ruining their game(the arguments are always the same, no matter what game it is). I don't think my interest would've held if all I had to look forward to was more of the slow-as-molasses-in-January same. Enter new age, research goods techs, research military techs, push to next age, rinse, repeat, quit from sheer boredom. Where's the challenge in taking a linear path upwards? Half the fun in this game is finding ways around the straight as an arrow method of advancement and skipping ahead faster than others.

LadyHecate

Major-General
It's a pretty building. As far as I know, there is nothing like this in real life!

R_SS_MultiAge_ParksBonus17.png
Looks similar to the Cascade at the Royal Palace of Caserta in Italy:
cascade-royal-palace-of-caserta-campania-italy-dkpmxr.jpg

LadyHecate

Major-General
I do the "Gain control over a province" quests just to get ahead on the map and get the additional expansions; still in CE but mid-way into AF Pt1's map so far.
The Cascade is just a vamped-up Oasis/TribalSquare; same footprint, but improved population, coins and goods whilst also offering some token Happiness.

vikingraider

Emperor
Has the 'random goods' been sorted yet? With Tribal squares you know exactly what goods you're getting. If this is random(all ages you've been in) getting 4 x lumber 3 x stone wouldn't be great.

DeletedUser110179

I don't know why you hark on that anybody can do it.
Of course, anybody can do it.
Not everybody can run a mile in 4 minutes but everybody can piss around on a computer with the sole objective of amassing a 'The Arc' (don't blame me for that grammar) in Forge of Empires. And once they have that level 80 The Arc, what then?
NOTHING is left as a challenge.
Because once you have that much power, there is no strategy left to play in the game advertised as a strategy game.
I've come across a few alternative-lifestyle players who don't build the Arc at all, eventhough they've played for many years.

Material development (or excess) may not be your cup of tea ... even in real-life.
Modern civilization is built on the subsistence farmer who produced more than he could consume.
There's no reason to stop at level 80 on the Arc (90%) ... you can just keep on going to 101 ... even 1,001 (somebody mentioned an Arc at 130) .
Once you have the Arc up high ... you can build GBs you don't even want or need ... just to improve your rankings (if competing is important to you) .
That said, you may still rake in more points leveling a few GBs higher ... than many at a lower level .

By definition, if everyone has the power (level 80 Arc) ... nobody has the power (it's a great equalizer) .
When the Spanish brought back tons of gold from S America ... rampant inflation wiped out it's value.
New developments around the corner could change everything ... or FoE could RIP
(not sure what the lifespan of games are ... but many TV series run for more than 10 years) .

Sometimes we're just limited by our own imagination .

Imagination-Close-up-1 400px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

I could live with occasionally getting Lumber/Stone if it was truly All Ages and I got a chance of getting AF/OF goods whilst still in CE.
sure no AF/OF goods while you are in CE :rolleyes:

the Shrine of Inspiration also doesn't produce Kraken BP when you are in CE

DeletedUser111589

SoI disappointed me greatly. Its a 3x3 building which yields rewards every 2 days and gives any BP from its age or age below.

I got more Coliseum BP than Basilicas.

The only good thing is its gold.

DeletedUser110179

SoI disappointed me greatly. Its a 3x3 building which yields rewards every 2 days and gives any BP from its age or age below.

I got more Coliseum BP than Basilicas.
Investment remains the best way to get bps of your choice (or winning the Forum comp) .

I have the Shrine of Inspiration which gives a totally random bp (a bit like aiding) .
Every investment bp is equivalent to 10 or 100 random bps because of all the bps you don't want .
It's great for new players since they need so many different bps while I only get lucky once a month or less.

It also makes a huge difference getting 5 bps from a GB as opposed to getting just 1 bp, 5 times .
I've noticed that you can get 5 duplicates in a row from singles ... but on a 5 bps reward you are almost guaranteed to fill the gap(s) .

Shrine_of_Inspiration.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

I wanted to sell berserker barracks...

Sold champions retreat instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.