• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #21 2017-09-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111730

First post on the FoE forum.....4 weeks into gameplay and liking it thus far.

Hi Turkish. Glad to see you on this thread. Sometimes we just waffle because we can't think of anything better to say, so let us know how you are doing.

Still in Iron Age?

DeletedUser111730

Hi. I'm EMA and sticking there for a bit whilst I grow a couple of GBs. Enjoyed the Fall event and got a couple of Cider Mills. Really excited about the Halloween event; the Dark Tower looks awesome.

DeletedUser111730

I have Zeus, Colleseum and LoA in place; I want all six up to EMA before I progress plus Observatory for my guild benefit. My hope is to build 2 GBs each age to stay in line with game plan.

DeletedUser110195

This is like peering into the past, behold everyone....ME....from 7 months ago. ;)

I know you probably just built it but that Colosseum was not worth the goods you spent..you'll see this in time. Take it from one of us older players, don't do what you're thinking here and build every GB as you go, especially not Notre Dame. The others are fine but there are better GBs to build first.

DeletedUser111730

My Guild would certsinly agree but with free m3dals daily, its great to have until Hagia sets you free.

DeletedUser111589

The moment you become able to build Hagia, destroy Colosseum. Same space but Hagia gives more happiness plus FP which is more useful than medals.

Such puny amount of medals is better earned by contributing to someone else's GB. Trust me as I had same thought but got better mind ticks before reaching HMA.

DeletedUser110179

My Guild would certsinly agree but with free m3dals daily, its great to have until Hagia sets you free.
Advancing to LMA might help with your land shortage (need for medals) ... it has 4 land extensions before the land-crises kicks from Colonial Age (only 1 or 2 thereafter) .

Expansionicon.png

I don't know what is happening!
Enjoy ... mystery can vanish like a morning mist !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I'm EMA and sticking there for a bit whilst I grow a couple of GBs. Enjoyed the Fall event and got a couple of Cider Mills. Really excited about the Halloween event; the Dark Tower looks awesome.
If you are at the end of EMA, you can't stay there and get the Black Tower - you have to research a tech.

On Colosseum, I sometimes wish I had built it (only to level 1) as a temporay way to get medals. It is underestimated as a medal producer in the very early stage of the game. Getting them by PvP fighting is, rather oddly, much more difficult (though more fun).

Last edited:

DeletedUser110195

Unless he inexplicably, researched all the goods techs, not just the one or two that he needed, he can always research what was left over.

Oh and on that point for any semi-new or fully-new people....when mandrubar wants you to research anything for a side quest, abort it.

Oh and on that point for any semi-new or fully-new people....when mandrubar wants you to research anything for a side quest, abort it.
If ever I set up a new town (unlikely: I already have one dormant) I will try to remember that. Though if the tech has to be researched to move ahead, I guess I might as well get the bonus from Mandrubar?

DeletedUser110195

That's true, but, if you're playing for the long term, his quest may sit there for a very long time.

DeletedUser111589

I'm already aborting his quests. Hate those research quests. They take too much FP from planned and usually ask to research tech 3-4 techs after the last one.

DeletedUser110195

His quests where he asks you to research all the techs of the age should be aborted full stop.

There is no reason to keep those, they want you to throw away valuable resources for doing either events or pushing story quests above your age.

DeletedUser111589

This has been since last update, but now incidents are flashing. I suppose that was a solution to help color blind players.

DeletedUser111351

@Ilela might have always been there. I know my apple trees flashed, but only sometimes throughout the event. Most likely they both use the same graphics display code.

On another note, I imagine I know how it works, but on the off chance it doesn't. Next stupid question about how the game works. The tavern city protection, if someone attacks but doesn't plunder, then shield is put up, can they still plunder?

Status
Not open for further replies.