• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #21 2017-09-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

They should've started that at 1775 to get a full scope of how enormous the British Empire was at it's height. It lost a huge piece of it's holdings 17 years before those visualizations started, not to mention some of the losses incurred by others were directly the result of the US taking them as spoils of war.

DeletedUser111510

Gandhi Questline up on the wiki. It looks like I'll be donating a shipload of goods again. I'm now tossing up whether to put off me trying to get goods for my Dynamic Tower for another week or so, or not finish the Gandhi questline. The 10% supply boost & extra happiness from the final reward would be nice (as well as the rewards along the way) but having Dynamic Tower would be good too. I know a 10% boost is only one level on RAH or Lighthouse but I'm going to need all the supplies I can get going into Modern by the looks of it.
OK so I decided that instead of donating 900 goods from my current age (Progressive) to finish the questline that I would trade the required 1080 current era goods to take over a PME province and gain an expansion as a result. That'll make just the right amount of space for the Pavilion reward and hopefully I'll pick up some decent rewards along the way thanks to my Chateau. Then it'll be full steam ahead to get the goods for my Dynamic Tower.

DeletedUser110195

OK so I decided that instead of donating 900 goods from my current age (Progressive) to finish the questline that I would trade the required 1080 current era goods to take over a PME province and gain an expansion as a result. That'll make just the right amount of space for the Pavilion reward and hopefully I'll pick up some decent rewards along the way thanks to my Chateau. Then it'll be full steam ahead to get the goods for my Dynamic Tower.
There ya go, now you're thinking with your grey matter. Your Arc more than covers your goods cost for GE by itself, so the 'for the greater good of the guild' reasoning of taking the alternative doesn't really apply, as your Arc is more than covering what the guild needs for you being in it, and probably one other person at its low level.

The Dynamic Tower isn't really doing for me what I hoped it might - negate the need to trade FP for goods - but is a nice supplies producer anyway.

At only a few goods per day, spread across several ages, I have a smattering of high-age goods (I think 20 is the most I have collected so far) which will undoubtably be useful some time but nowhere in the foreseeable future.

OTOH, the supplies are enough by themselves to give me a recurring quest per day, which is useful. If it were not for stupid quest requirements (and even more, the needs of the Daily Challenges, whenever those are released to me) I would delete all my supplies buildings. As it is, I am becoming convinced that having supplies GBs (14% of them) is a waste of time and space, because I want to do Daily Challenges and that means having at least 10 production buildings. They could be special buildings but in many cases that would mean deciding between abandoning FPs for the day to do the Challenge, or abandoning the Challenge in favour of FPs/medals/whatever else the building produces. I'll keep my Dynamic Towers but I won't seek out any other supply producers; unlike coins, there is nothing you can do with an excess of supply

DeletedUser111510

That will give me 6 out of 12 provinces in PME once I get this next one. Dynamic will help me get the PME & ME goods I need to get the other provinces without as much pain. Or I could go after higher goods and trade them down, but I remember August saying he had trouble doing that with small quantities.

DeletedUser111589

I had 8 HMA goods buildings... Damn, my supplies dropped down while I was making 160 goods a day from them.

Now that I got basilica built, I'll delete 2 of them and build some military buildings for those damned battle DC.

BTW, does Alcatraz produce random units or units from military building you have the most of? For example, 3 rogue hideouts and 1 berserker barracks, Alcatraz will make x rogues and no berserkers?

vikingraider

Emperor
Random units from whichever barracks you have built. So if only 1 rogue hideout and nothing else, Alcatraz will give you rogues and so on.

DeletedUser110195

The Dynamic Tower isn't really doing for me what I hoped it might - negate the need to trade FP for goods - but is a nice supplies producer anyway.
I've built my rain forest project on Jaims, as you may have noticed. It cost me 150 FP, rather than 500+, all thanks to Dynamic Tower. It took that long to assemble the blueprints without diverting FP to someone else's rain forest, that I nearly got the entire 1875 goods before my patience ran out.
That will give me 6 out of 12 provinces in PME once I get this next one. Dynamic will help me get the PME & ME goods I need to get the other provinces without as much pain. Or I could go after higher goods and trade them down, but I remember August saying he had trouble doing that with small quantities.
Well, part of that is I was aiming for oceanic future and arctic future, where those people are actually capable of producing pretty much everything themselves, it's not like the lower ages where you only get 2, they have the boosts to produce at least 3, maybe 4, perhaps even all 5 at full capacity, so it makes trading for goods a bit problematic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

Winning post 300px.jpg

DeletedUser111510

Night all. Early night tonight, back to work tomorrow after 9 weeks at home looking after the wife after she had plates & screws put in her foot. That alarm is going to be a killer considering I start at 5:30am and I haven't been going to bed until after midnight every night...lol.

I've built my rain forest project on Jaims, as you may have noticed. It cost me 150 FP, rather than 500+, all thanks to Dynamic Tower.
Indeed, I can see that in time it will add up. I guess I was talking too short-term, given that I have had Arc blueprints for some time and just needed the goods to build them (on both Arvahall and Jaims .. I think I have them on beta, too, but not looking to build it there just yet).

DeletedUser110195

Indeed, I can see that in time it will add up. I guess I was talking too short-term, given that I have had Arc blueprints for some time and just needed the goods to build them (on both Arvahall and Jaims .. I think I have them on beta, too, but not looking to build it there just yet).
See that's what happened to me too, but I got a bad case of impatience and said screw it, I'm not waiting 2 months, I'll eat the 565 FP and 940 progressive era goods to buy the Arc set.

DeletedUser111589

How much FP do goods cost? Has the price been set? Or its mutual agreement

DeletedUser110195

It varies from player to player but generally it's 3 goods per FP

So really even though my 500+65 for taking 1st on Atlantis Museum felt high, it wasn't. Nothing compared to what people on O like to charge...

Status
Not open for further replies.