• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #21 2017-09-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Pay a visit to Odhrovar some time....a guy there said 900 FP for an Arc set....900! That's absurd!

vikingraider

Emperor
That's what I'm talking about. I think it'll be the same guy I contacted. However I got the full set for 500fp ish from someone else. But if you want the goods right now, you sometimes pay a high price.

DeletedUser111589

900 FP for all goods from 0? Doesn't Arctic orangery take roughly 3000 goods, wouldn't that cost 9k FP?

DeletedUser110195

900 FP for all goods from 0? Doesn't Arctic orangery take roughly 3000 goods, wouldn't that cost 9k FP?
2150 which would cost around 715, you had it backwards, 3 goods per FP, not 3 FP per 1 good.

The price the guy on Odhrovar gave me may be because it's the newest world and there are fewer suppliers.

Market availability obviously affects exchange rate of goods for FP. Progressive, Tomorrow and Future goods seem to be the most sought after .. and soon Ocean Future, when the Kraken comes out.

I am seriously wondering whether to trade now for OF goods, before the Kraken is released live.

I have traded various age's goods at 4.5, 5 (and a bit), and "oh, I have those spare .. have them" from a guild leader. (The latter I feel obliged to donate to his GBs even though he has not asked.)

DeletedUser110195

Market availability obviously affects exchange rate of goods for FP. Progressive, Tomorrow and Future goods seem to be the most sought after .. and soon Ocean Future, when the Kraken comes out.

I am seriously wondering whether to trade now for OF goods, before the Kraken is released live.

I have traded various age's goods at 4.5, 5 (and a bit), and "oh, I have those spare .. have them" from a guild leader. (The latter I feel obliged to donate to his GBs even though he has not asked.)
Now would be a prime time to focus on aiding OF buildings with those DT uses, before you can get a Kraken. That way when it's released, you already have a headstart on getting the goods since pretty much the only way someone will get it, is by aiding up the blueprints.

DeletedUser110195

It didn't take long to get blueprints once a few had the Gb.
I have the distinct feeling that someone in LMA will have a really hard time competing against people in OF for the blueprints. A lower age player's best chance at getting it, relatively quickly, is aiding it up like they will.

DeletedUser110179

I have the distinct feeling that someone in LMA will have a really hard time competing against people in OF for the blueprints.
I'm not sure that the Kraken will be a high priority for somebody in LMA when they could get AO (which also gives att/fps) or simply Inno and CC .
It's not a must-have like the Arc ... although it is better than AO but can't replace Inno (for population) or CC (for sheer fp production power) .
That said, the Kraken would make a very nice status symbol in my city (and temporary replacement) since I don't even have CdM .

Cape_Canaveral.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

I'm not sure that the Kraken will be a high priority for somebody in LMA when they could get AO (which also gives att/fps) or simply Inno and CC .
It's not a must-have like the Arc ... although it is better than AO but can't replace Inno (for population) or CC (for sheer fp production power) .
That said, the Kraken would make a very nice status symbol in my city (and temporary replacement) since I don't even have CdM .
I was actually referring specifically to Prinza, who has expressed interest in building it next ;)

DeletedUser110179

I was actually referring specifically to Prinza, who has expressed interest in building it next ;)
It'll would certainly look very pretty in his city ... maybe he gets to win the bps here ... lol .

Kraken.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks! This week's competition is now closed. The result will be announced and a new competition started tomorrow

DeletedUser110179

The Dynamic Tower isn't really doing for me what I hoped it might - negate the need to trade FP for goods - but is a nice supplies producer anyway.

At only a few goods per day, spread across several ages, I have a smattering of high-age goods (I think 20 is the most I have collected so far) which will undoubtedly be useful some time but nowhere in the foreseeable future.
I've also been reconsidering the DT (eventhough I have the goods and bps).

At 6x5 it's about 3 times the size of a regular goods plant ... but you'll need level 30 to produce an equivalent 60 goods/d.
That said, an LMA player receiving 1 OF good is effectively getting a truckload of goods when traded downto LMA goods.
You could effectively use it to trade goods long before you actually arrive in OF.

One caveat is that you need OF friends or guildmates to really make it work ... but it will pay for itself many times over if you get it early enough in the game .
You're certainly well positioned to take full advantage of this magnificent edifice .

Dynamic_Tower.png

DeletedUser111351

I've also been reconsidering the DT (eventhough I have the goods and bps).

At 6x5 it's about 3 times the size of a regular goods plant ... but you'll need level 30 to produce an equivalent 60 goods/d.
That said, an LMA player receiving 1 OF good is effectively getting a truckload of goods when traded downto LMA goods.
You could effectively use it to trade goods long before you actually arrive in OF.

One caveat is that you need OF friends or guildmates to really make it work ... but it will pay for itself many times over if you get it early enough in the game .
You're certainly well positioned to take full advantage of this magnificent edifice .

View attachment 13402
Well, it isn't exactly a 1 to 1 swap on space used. A normal goods plant also requires space for population and supplies production (as well as happiness for that population). A GB that generates goods saves that support space.

As you say though, it's a building that only does what one wants it for if they have access to aiding high level players. And the people that have access to those high level players already have a potential source of getting those same goods. Bit of a catch-22 building.

I wish there was a potential way to get the goods for those of us without access to those players.

DeletedUser110179

Well, it isn't exactly a 1 to 1 swap on space used. A normal goods plant also requires space for population and supplies production (as well as happiness for that population). A GB that generates goods saves that support space.

I wish there was a potential way to get the goods for those of us without access to those players.
Good point about the population (easily 9 or 10 houses ... although they, in turn would also produce coin) .
Also, the DT's main output is actually supplies (insufficient for quest hungry players) ... and I don't really need supplies now either .

Eventhough you can buy goods from non-friend/guild players ... I find that big friends are worth more than 2 Arc's and 1 DT in terms of progress and development.
So you might consider making space in your friends list and sending blanket requests to as many Top 100 players that you can find (prefarably from the Top 10 guilds or leaders of smaller guilds) .

In old-world EN servers, veterans may be the ultimate GB for new players .

DeletedUser111589

1 oceanic good can be turned into 1024 LMA goods. Or 16 384 bronze age goods.

That is some serious amount of goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.