• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #21 2017-09-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

One of the things reinforcing my choice not to research town houses if I can help it, is you can win town houses in GE once in high middle, another is they're so close to the end of high middle that by then, you've got your population needs settled, and with moving up to late middle you then have the chance to get apartment houses from GE, and you absolutely must research apartment houses to move on, while you don't have to research town houses. It's a resource you can hang on to for story quests or daily challenges.

DeletedUser111351

I find the quests so completely out of wack. Originally I was doing all the quests until I got one that asked me to research a specific tech that I already knew. So I had no choice but to abort it. As soon as I aborted one, I aborted quite a few, as they just seemed completely worthless.

At some point later I then found out that some of the non-story quests (as opposed to those that can't be aborted) also had a chain. Too bad the game doesn't actually say which ones are part of chains (nor that chains actually even exist). So I went back to doing them all (with the exception of all those I killed in that short time).

Some of the quests that popped up after that were a bit more of a pain than usual. They would asked me to have certain buildings that were 1 (and sometimes even 2) tech levels behind my current level in existence. Well I did have those buildings when they were relevant. Some of the 1 techs I had only just destroyed and replaced with up-to-date buildings. So of course I didn't have the population or space needed to doing anything with the requests.

Now I hear all the time about the generic recurring quests. Can't say I've really noticed those. My quest list pretty much always devolves to the point of all available quests needing victory/scouting in the overland map. I get this even in worlds where I have cleared that map to the point of owning 2 towers past the tech I'm currently at. When I beat one of these quests I consider myself lucky if I get 1 or 2 quests that pop up before I get my next overland map one.

Now I generally just ignore the quests until the game happens to tell me that one is collectible. I have no idea how someone can use the quests to continually generate anything (troops or otherwise as I've seen people mention).

DeletedUser110195

Story, side and recurring quests can give you units of their related age, recurring quests, I think, all have random rewards, they can be anything...it's been a while since I had them as I'm constantly pushing the map and story quests ahead of my age, and recurring always gives way to side quests when you move into a new age on the map.

DeletedUser111351

Story, side and recurring quests can give you units of their related age, recurring quests, I think, all have random rewards, they can be anything...it's been a while since I had them as I'm constantly pushing the map and story quests ahead of my age, and recurring always gives way to side quests when you move into a new age on the map.
Ah, so what you're saying is the map is the controller of quests (and unlocking them). Sounds messed up to me. I would think the level of achieved tech should be the determinate on which quests are available, not whether or not one has killed/negotiated their way onto a single extra piece of land they shouldn't yet own that gives them no benefits of any kind.

Sounds like since I pushed my progress in map early I effectively sabotaged myself and the entire quest system. Could explain why I get a mix of quests both too advanced and too primitive for me on a regular basis (on the brief pauses between map quests).

DeletedUser110195

Well each age has its own side quests, so you get those, and when you blast through, or abort through, the side quests of a maps age, you go back to recurring which I believe are always for your current tech age. I have yet to push through 2 ages of side quests above my tech age to know that though.

DeletedUser108047

Yep @Augustavian has it right about recurring quests. I ignored them to my loss in my early days pushing through the tech tree... If you are not in a hurry on tech - getting to the looping or recurring quests can be very profitable. As @LadyHecate mentioned above... if you can boost your coin and supplies and then time it right so that your collections all come together you can collect a lot of extra stuff (goods, fps, supplies and in the Rinbin quests - other stuff) and chateau boosts them even further. Currently I manage to do about 8-12 loop quests every 24 hour production effectively doubling/tripling my finished goods production in AF and adding another 10 or so fps a day on average (plus other stuff including occasional diamonds) just for collecting in the right order to complete the quests

DeletedUser110195

The big thing about recurring quests being worthwhile is getting the Chateau built and leveling it to at least 100%, which I think is level 6. Running into them in my Chateau-less early middle alt-worlds engraved the impression they were some kind of sick joke to drain you of resources and waste your time with selectively collecting things produced in your city and a hell of a lot of aborting.

DeletedUser111589

Will aborted reccuring quest appear again?

And what @One2Rule said, it would be good if we knew which quests are chained or lead to chain quests.

DeletedUser110195

Will aborted reccuring quest appear again?

And what @One2Rule said, it would be good if we knew which quests are chained or lead to chain quests.
Yes, all recurring quests come up endlessly, though there are ideas out there asking for a way to auto-abort certain quests.

DeletedUser111351

Yep @Augustavian has it right about recurring quests. I ignored them to my loss in my early days pushing through the tech tree... If you are not in a hurry on tech - getting to the looping or recurring quests can be very profitable. As @LadyHecate mentioned above... if you can boost your coin and supplies and then time it right so that your collections all come together you can collect a lot of extra stuff (goods, fps, supplies and in the Rinbin quests - other stuff) and chateau boosts them even further. Currently I manage to do about 8-12 loop quests every 24 hour production effectively doubling/tripling my finished goods production in AF and adding another 10 or so fps a day on average (plus other stuff including occasional diamonds) just for collecting in the right order to complete the quests
How do you do that daily? Don't you eventually get a map fight quest which then clogs things up? Or do you abort every fight quest from day 1?

DeletedUser110195

Recurring quests don't ask for anything map related, it's all just do 24 hour productions from the standard supply buildings of your age, pay this, gather that. I think there are research something recurrings, though you should abort those.

DeletedUser111351

No, my point is that my quests are all map related. If I've ever gotten a recurring quest, I get offered like 1, then I get another map quest. The map quest then sits waiting to be fulfilled for days on end because I don't want to advance my map.

I'm trying to figure out how one gets recurring quests day after day without getting something else in the way. I'd like to do my map quests and side quests and such, but if by doing those I am missing out on clearing 10 quests a day, and thus potentially hundreds/thousands of quests missed per 1 quest I actually solve... I might as well just abort all the quests.

DeletedUser108047

@One2Rule you need to finish all the available non- map quests for your era based on where you are in tech tree and map. Once you have completed those (and you don't have to - some are worthwhile - others are just to slow down play/consume stuff - so you can abort if you wish... not completely advisable) you will get the recurring quests and if you abort the difficult ones you can loop the easy ones such as collect coins, collect supplies, pay for rinbins birthday etc until you run out of coin/supply or get bored. If after doing that for a while you advance on the map you will get another quest or if you advance on tech you can get another quest. We are talking about the adviser quests - not the Ragu Silvertongue/Princess Mycenia/story quests

DeletedUser110195

You get recurring quests when you run through all the side quests for as far as you are advanced on the map. If you stop long enough, and do or abort the side quests(I don't advise this on all of them, once they're gone you can never get them again) you'll get recurring quests.

DeletedUser111351

Okay...
I only have map related quests. If I do the map related quests, they always unlock more map related quests (plus apparently other side-quests). To do the side quests, I must first do the map quest so that a new quest shows up and hope its a side quest. Whether it is a side or map quest, I eventually get a new map quest. If I keep doing my map quests I get more map and side quests. I'm not getting how I can get out of this loop other than to abort all quests until only recurring ones are left.

Are there very specific points on the map where one can pause and new map quests will NOT be unlocked?

vikingraider

Emperor
With recurring quests I go from 'unbirthday party' to 'unbirthday party' in around 10 seconds. So 6 quests per minute. With a decent chateau, you can see how the prizes will build up. Just for spending coins and supplies.

DeletedUser110195

So you know Ilela, the current GB contribution window was implemented before you registered on the forums...I forget exactly when but it was some months before it, so it's possible it had been implemented before you started playing if that was in close proximity to your forum registration.
(For all of you wondering wth I'm talking about....it's a reply to a comment in another thread entirely, but not related to the topic of that thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.