• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
The paper background on the app version just doesn't look finished with any definition. I think they would look slightly better matched to the messages tab where each line is defined a little more.

Kate dPigin

Private
I did say "probably mostly freeriding dinosaurs". I'm well aware that some of the most active dinosaurs have spent enormous amounts of money on the game.

Even if GvG players are "freeriding dinosaurs", the game would fall apart without us. That kind of players actually keep the game together and competitive. When there is a competition, people have the desire to be better, have higher boost and more units to be better which drives people to spend money.

Also, most good guilds were founded are actually being lead by those same dinosaurs.

So, please explain, if the dinosaurs, who are leading top guilds, stop playing and the competition dies down, what happens with the game?

Anyway getting pretty fed up with being the target of bad programming - time to go eat some leafy ferns or whatever dinosaurs should be eating.

We will all join you very soon.

The "Exploits" we think they want to stop - Are Not "The Exploits" they want to stop. And they won't tell us exactly what they are trying to stop - only that it's an exploit. As someone mentioned a page or two back, the game is an exploit if you put the effort into to it to level your GB's.

When PvA 1st came out - What did they try to do - Deactivate some battle GB's like the artic orangey.

Longevity in a game like this is considered an exploit - my 7-8 years or so - An Exploit - So they won't say

Knight of ICE

I've just checked the stats on my main server - someone did over 5000 fights again yesterday - so that delay nerf worked well didn't it?

I hate to say it, but WE TOLD YOU SO!

You can do fights without doing RQ's.

Everybody keeps going on that the delay has to do with cheaters. That is a player thought. Inno never stated that to be the reason for it.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
You can do fights without doing RQ's.

Everybody keeps going on that the delay has to do with cheaters. That is a player thought. Inno never stated that to be the reason for it.

Actually they did, that was the one and only reason they gave on the beta forums.

Quote:
"This is not a bug.
This delay has been added to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline."

Is there another reason then besides the one that was told to us by the CM on beta?

Knight of ICE

Yes, that is one CM saying: " to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline".

Doing the UBQ over and over again, by clicking manually can also be considered exploiting that quest. Nowhere does it mention cheating, macros or quests in SAAB as people seem to think. This isn't the first attempt to make doing RQ's less profitable, but nobody seems to see that.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Yes, that is one CM saying: " to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline".

Doing the UBQ over and over again, by clicking manually can also be considered exploiting that quest. Nowhere does it mention cheating, macros or quests in SAAB as people seem to think. This isn't the first attempt to make doing RQ's less profitable, but nobody seems to see that.

If this is an attempt at making RQs less profitable, tell that to the guys doing over 5000 fights every day. Inno must think we're stupid.

Vesiger

Monarch
So is this the place to talk about how the 'Guild Events' filter seems to have disappeared out of my mobile app history, or is it just for complaining about recurring quests (which IMO have been an exploit for a very long time, whether done 'manually' or not?)

Knight of ICE

If this is an attempt at making RQs less profitable, tell that to the guys doing over 5000 fights every day. Inno must think we're stupid.

Do they have to do the RQ';s, to make it possible to do that number of fights?

Knight of ICE

I am a top 10 fighter with an amazingly powerful army, and the best I have managed in 12 hours of play is 2000 fights and that required plenty of RQs. You might be able to do double that, but not every day.

So you can not do 2000 fights without doing the RQ's?

Knight of ICE

I could easily - but only if I had people setting up loads of armies for me to hit in GvG. Every day. My guildmates would soon tire of that. And besides, the players I'm talking about are doing more than double that.

Point is, just because they do that number of fights it does not mean they do the RQ's as well. RQ's are not mandatory.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
GbG is also very popular for farming fights, tho you need to invest resources to be able to steadily fight (goods for building SCs, for example). Before SAAB arrived, I noticed that number of fights blasted for some top players. GvG is also a good source for farming fights, but not so popular anymore.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
GbG is also very popular for farming fights, tho you need to invest resources to be able to steadily fight (goods for building SCs, for example). Before SAAB arrived, I noticed that number of fights blasted for some top players. GvG is also a good source for farming fights, but not so popular anymore.

Exactly - it's the investment required that limits the fights in GbG (and GvG to some extent)
Doing many thousands of fights in a day is possible, but not sustainable without RQs. Let's not get nit-picky about it. We all know that is true.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Exactly - it's the investment required that limits the fights in GbG (and GvG to some extent)
Doing many thousands of fights in a day is possible, but not sustainable without RQs. Let's not get nit-picky about it. We all know that is true.
Fighting through a RQ, then aborting it, just don't give you any actual benefits for your city, GbG can at least give you that, and benefits are very juicy (it is, in my opinion, best source of FPs that makes the grind of attack boost even more worth it). RQs are useful if you complete them, that's why players skyrocket their CF. Tho, even with the latest update and the additional delay, you can still do something and gather quite some resources using RQs, but just aborting them without actually getting reward just to get ranking points is...well not worth it.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Fighting through a RQ, then aborting it, just don't give you any actual benefits for your city, GbG can at least give you that, and benefits are very juicy (it is, in my opinion, best source of FPs that makes the grind of attack boost even more worth it). RQs are useful if you complete them, that's why players skyrocket their CF. Tho, even with the latest update and the additional delay, you can still do something and gather quite some resources using RQs, but just aborting them without actually getting reward just to get ranking points is...well not worth it.

All true - I couldn't agree more.

So why the clumsy attempt to prevent RQ abuse which patently hasn't worked? The fighting RQs are just an easy way of measuring the failure to tackle the problem effectively.