• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Not seeing any difference in the Android app. Which makes sense as we dont have the same abilities to auto.

The phone app hasn't been updated to the new version yet, keep us posted app users! It sure smells like it may be just against the browsers and PC users in the end who are slapped with this delay of game. Innogames are doing their best to make the original players feel unwelcome in the last few months, as they seem to want to turn this into a mobile only game. I realize I am a "dinosaur" in this respect, but I hate touch screens and if I can't play on a PC, I won't at all.

Someone in my guild for about the last 3 years, said lately this game is full of BLEEP... I am barely playing now. It's not like I can even argue.

Forwandert

Major-General
The phone app hasn't been updated to the new version yet, keep us posted app users!

I wouldn't have posted if I wasn't on the updated version. I'm seeing no difference.
Screenshot_20210304-173059_Forge of Empires.jpg

Jasslyn

Private
Update 1.199 still hasn't hit the mobile app. You can check the game version on the loading screen, it's still 1.198. Tho Galata Tower change has been implemented immediately, regardless of the game version.
Version 1.199 is available on App Store. No RQ delay after the update on iPhone.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
If the app doesn't have a delay the cheats will probably start using it. I know people think you can't get auto-clickers for phone apps, but you certainly can.

Ever since Inno started to introduce the silly cartoony graphics instead of the great artwork they used to focus on I have suspected they are shifting emphasis onto the app.
They sure have. Better revenue from app users. Most players play on app now. And micropayments from mobile are so easy.
And yes, the change in graphic style was a clear sign they were starting to focus more on mobile gamers.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Both browser version of the game and the app have their own advantages and disadvantages one over the another.
Tho I think that people tend to spend more and more time by playing the app version not because it might be better in any case, but because they cannot use their computers as often as they can use their phones.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I don't thin they hate us. But why would Inno bother much with a minority of probably mostly freeriding dinosaurs on outdated PC's, who cheat and complain, when they can get a better revenue from happy, pay-willing youngsters 24/7 on mobile.
LOL I have a completely up to date PC, some of us still use real computers to do actual work which can not be done on those portable gadgets. I could have a tablet but why would I when I have a better, faster, PC.

The preference for actual computers may be a dinosaur trait, but it doesn't mean the machines are ancient :lol:
Anyway getting pretty fed up with being the target of bad programming - time to go eat some leafy ferns or whatever dinosaurs should be eating.

The GvG users are most of the guild founders and people who spent diamonds on the game to get it where it is for years, me included, hardly the free-riders as a group overall. I see the mobile market is a place to expand sure, but to middle finger the original/PC users is out of bounds.

LOL I have a completely up to date PC, some of us still use real computers to do actual work which can not be done on those portable gadgets. I could have a tablet but why would I when I have a better, faster, PC.

The preference for actual computers may be a dinosaur trait, but it doesn't mean the machines are ancient :lol:
Of course not :-) My computer is pretty much up to date too, and I use it for both (graphic) work and gaming. Things I couldn't do on a small mobile device. Well, I could play FOE on mobile, of course, and I do occasionally, but I really hate it. I'm a dinosaur :lol:
Running a little off topic, sorry...

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Myself, I hate the mobile version primarily because of the teeny weenie viewing platform. Cannot see much of anything and the touch screen is so easy to hit the wrong thing over and over again. On the monitor (32 inch here), I can see everything properly, I do not have to screw up my eyes trying to see things. I still cannot see the pedestrians very well on this monitor, but I would never be able to see anything on the mobile.
A mobile is good for something simple like Solitaire, or Soduko - but anything with moving graphics, then it is computer only.
There may be a number of decent games that are mobile only - but if so, I will never know what they are like, as I will never waste my time, again, because of the tiny screen, squinting eyes and fat finger screen touch. If it is a computer enabled game, I will at least take a look at it, do some online research, and try it out. But I am not going to get a headache or sore eyes trying to read anything on a phone or tablet that takes more than 5 seconds.
All these idiots walking around downtown, or in parks or malls, with their head glued to their phone, makes for free entertainment when I see them walk into a post, or a bench or other people. And the two times they walked into me, I yanked the phone out of their hands and threw it as far as I could, and walked on. The next generation of our population is not Gen X, or Gen Y or Gen Z, but Generation Idiot.
I do not stomach stupid people in real life, or online.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
A mobile is good for something simple like Solitaire, or Soduko - but anything with moving graphics, then it is computer only.
Yes, FoE is too complex (LOL too complicated is the excuse we've heard for years why they can't port the GVG maps to the mobile apps...) for small touch screens, the battle feature alone, unless you auto battle everything, has NEVER and will never be as playable on the app version, you can't see terrain or terrain bonuses properly, hard to move to the right hex on the touch screen, takes forever selecting armies dragging them around with your finger instead of 1 click on the computer, among many other things -- like tap versus drag, unintentionally move buildings around while trying simply to collect them.

I obviously tried the mobile app for emergency use, but it's only gotten more and more bloated as time went on; when it reached 1 GB of memory-hogging, phone over-heating nonsense I actually deleted the app entirely. By the By, you still can't run a guild only with the tools in the mobile app, it doesn't even have a way to invite people if you are set to invite only, or see member activity like who hasn't logged in yellow or red, and so on. The leaders who keep it all together are either primarily PC users or at least have access to one. Wrong group to piss on, really.

We're a bit off topic, but clearly they are forcing us toward mobile devices, which won't work on some of us. The quest delay implemented in this update remains arbitrary AND specifically targeted at the PC users, which adds insult to injury.

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Maybe a better way/more efficient system to ban cheaters rather than make everyone unhappy?
e.g. detect if you are scrolling throughRQ too fast or clicking too fast for too long...