• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confirmed: Graphics Freeze / delayed action

DeletedUser98159

as devs are working on releases for every operating system known to mankind (awaiting the 'new and improved' MDOS/MIDAS version myself), please acknowledge that some of your customer base uses chromebooks. masking OS will not work with FoE, yet i do not experience these issues outside of FoE. and quite honestly, these problems are sporadic here (as you can see from previous posts).

the recent devotion demonstrated to make this game available to everyone on every system is admirable ... unless you are a chromebook user. :mad: please consider supporting your current customer base before increasing your market share

DeletedUser

have never been so annoyed on any browser game before ,, ur have a company who don't properly fix there updates on the so called beta server before it goes main stream on a live server ,, come on you say its unforeseen what platform u using windows 98 ? am that close to throwing FOE goodbye its unreal ,, before ya bring a game to yet another device completely test and fix on others , like PC, android, ipad ,, its more like PROFIT before overall gameplay experience on this game

using chrome

1.62.b01a1ff (20.10.2015 11:23), Lord Smeg (420926), en4, en_US, WIN 19,0,0,226, Windows 7, Chrome/46.0.2490.71, 1187x888, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Firefox works somewhat but its still pretty slow on there

used a computer shop computer today and a presto still the same lag like hell on both chrome and firefox ,, i refuse to use i,e because of the many security flaws

DeletedUser16026

@QueenStacy With Chromebook it's a specific case as FoE did not provide support for those devices. Currently there are issues from both sides (Chromebook and FoE) that need to be addressed, but hopefully as both parties are aware of those issues a fix will be offered in the near future.

Until the problem with Chrome is resolved I can only suggest you try the game on a different browser. We've had best results with Opera and Waterfox, but it's best to check a few browsers yourself as performance can vary from one system to another.

DeletedUser98159

@QueenStacy With Chromebook it's a specific case as FoE did not provide support for those devices. Currently there are issues from both sides (Chromebook and FoE) that need to be addressed, but hopefully as both parties are aware of those issues a fix will be offered in the near future.

Until the problem with Chrome is resolved I can only suggest you try the game on a different browser. We've had best results with Opera and Waterfox, but it's best to check a few browsers yourself as performance can vary from one system to another.

for about 2 years, i have used chromebook exclusively, with occasional problems on FoE. chromebook is not like a laptop where you can download browsers, the OS and ONLY browser IS chrome. there are apps to mask using a different OS or browser, but as i stated above, it does not work in FoE.

i highly doubt i am the only paying customer using a chromebook, and i am simply saying a better business decision and an example of dedication to your current customer base would be to provide service to your current paying customers before seeking additional customers.

where i sincerely appreciate your game knowledge and skills dealing with game issues and customers, Darkstar, as a paying customer i am quite dissatisfied that there is little technical expertise available on CM/Support team. the numbers of times we are told to 'clear your cache' ... 'clear your browser cookies' ... 'download a different browser' ... 'try fighting at 10a instead of 8p' ... (as these seem to be the fix/repair method for everything here) speaks to the lack of technical knowledge in this game. can't you all hire someone to really address technical issues? i am going to add this to the list of suggestions you are working on in the hope that technical issues are adequately addressed.

DeletedUser16026

The second part of my response was not directed at you, apologies for the confusion, it was addressing Lord Smeg's comment and offering an update to everyone else about the reported issue.

The situation with Chromebook is as explained in the first paragraph - with issues on both sides. Until the two of them are resolved there is nothing additional we can suggest. I understand the wish to have FoE supported of Chromebook but that is not something that we decide, and I am sure the product management team are well aware of the various devices being used and their numbers. At this time there's nothing further we can add on the topic, sorry.

DeletedUser

turning off animations and effects and turning OFF hardware acceleration has made the game a fraction easier to play. but the bug is still there. i can play alright now in regular city mode. however the GVG map is almost unplayable. remember turning hardware acceleration OFF (not on) can make the game run smoother at times like this because the problem is a plug-in conflict and hardware acceleration often creates conflicts.

this bug began immediately the day of the last patch. it ONLY affects my game from chrome, though from what i've read this isn't consistent with everyone.

DeletedUser

The second part of my response was not directed at you, apologies for the confusion, it was addressing Lord Smeg's comment and offering an update to everyone else about the reported issue.

i can give good lessons in quoting correctly anyway today as been somewhat better but i still do have lag problems on both firefox and chrome

PromethiusTM

Corporal
Hi All I have a AMD Radeon HD5570 not particularly a great card but has served its purpose What i have discovered is when my GPU Temp reaches around 70-72C my browsers become Very Unstable In Forge Of Empires (Latest FF,IE, Op, Safaria) Canary Seems to be the most stable however.

This does seem very strange as i can Run CoD, Battlefield 4 and a whole host of Other Heavy GPU based games with No Issues at all!!!

I can also Duplicate this issue.

I have found that if i run a 3rd Party App SpeedFan (Shows GPU Temp & Fan Speed) and Increase Fan Speed between 75%-100% to keep my GPU to below 70C I dont seem to get any Freezes.

Hope this helps some.

Regards
Prom

joesoap

Major-General
since the update this morning the delay & lag is so much worse, especially in battles which may be partly due to the new animations which are so inconsistent

PromethiusTM

Corporal
Ok i have replaced my Radeon HD5570 with a 2GB GDDR5 nVIDA GTX 960ti GPU temps have gone from a standard 72 to 38-42 and have thus far in 3 days had 0 Freezes, I agree there is more lag since the small update as per post above....

Hi All I have a AMD Radeon HD5570 not particularly a great card but has served its purpose What i have discovered is when my GPU Temp reaches around 70-72C my browsers become Very Unstable In Forge Of Empires (Latest FF,IE, Op, Safaria) Canary Seems to be the most stable however.

This does seem very strange as i can Run CoD, Battlefield 4 and a whole host of Other Heavy GPU based games with No Issues at all!!!

I can also Duplicate this issue.

I have found that if i run a 3rd Party App SpeedFan (Shows GPU Temp & Fan Speed) and Increase Fan Speed between 75%-100% to keep my GPU to below 70C I dont seem to get any Freezes.

Hope this helps some.

Regards
Prom

DeletedUser16026

Just an update on this issue, further investigation showed that the issue is not on FoE's side, but on Adobe's. Adobe are aware of this, it has been reported to them and they have been able to reproduce it, so they're looking into fixing it.

DeletedUser97579

That's great thanks, appreciate the update.

Can you shed any light on whether any development at all is being done to move away from Flash into something more reliable, more stable and enjoying wider support?

DeletedUser16026

Currently, as far as we are aware, there is no development for moving the game to a different platform.

It would take quite a bit of work and effort, so I'm not sure it would happen, but that's a personal opinion.

DeletedUser

Currently, as far as we are aware, there is no development for moving the game to a different platform.

It would take quite a bit of work and effort, so I'm not sure it would happen, but that's a personal opinion.

yea it would take a lot of effort to change to HTML5 but the advantages would be so high that ya will be glad that inno shifted away evan Elvenar is running on ADOBE so its gonna be the same problems

ADOBE are pretty 2000

ADDED

forgot to say i have tryed waterfox and same problems on there ,, Chat would freeze pvp and gvg is unplayable sometimes ,, loading town hall as bad slow downs :(

DeletedUser97579

Hi there,

Just an update on this issue, further investigation showed that the issue is not on FoE's side, but on Adobe's. Adobe are aware of this, it has been reported to them and they have been able to reproduce it, so they're looking into fixing it.

As the lag is still quite noticeable - it doesn't look like that patch has been released from Adobe yet.
Can you please share the bug number so that we can track it on https://bugbase.adobe.com/ for ourselves?

DeletedUser

Hi there,

As the lag is still quite noticeable - it doesn't look like that patch has been released from Adobe yet.
Can you please share the bug number so that we can track it on https://bugbase.adobe.com/ for ourselves?

i was gonna reply to this in more detail but have am starting to lose the will to play this anymore

DeletedUser97579

That's great, many thanks.
I can confirm I'm using the latest version of the flash player and have experienced the same issue in Chrome, Waterfox and IE (including on a newly built pc - so no 'cache' to clear). The common elements seem to be either the flash player or the game.

DeletedUser107476

so

Reported by
Funplus FamilyFarm

Title

mouse's movement delay

:D
The link they provided on fb is for another game entirely lol. I think darkstar may want to relook at that bug report.
Darkstar will you please ban yourself for advertising another game lol