• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confirmed: Graphics Freeze / delayed action

DeletedUser102041

This may be a problem with USA > Hamburg or other internet backbone faults.
Connectivity or DNS issues.

Please give us an update on the network status.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102041

Forge of Empires is optimised for the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. Could you please try Firefox to see if your issue persists? As Darkstar said, we thank you for your patience.

Same issues on Firefox 49.0.2 (Windows 10)

Oct 19 and Oct 20.

DeletedUser108771

Im using firefox and since yesterday when the halloween event started i can barely load the game, its taking all my mem to run as in i cant even open another tab without puter giving me a warning of no memory.

the delays to do anything in the game are making it very difficult to play

DeletedUser108771

Please get programmers to check the script for halloween event, theres soemthing wrong with it. I just went to aid/motivate, it took 48 seconds to aid the first person and when i clicked the second person it just shut my puter down.

Ive never had this prob with any other event or at any other time with the game.

I can do everything as per normal for my general internet stuff but as soon as i log into FOE it just kills the puter dead

markdiss

Private
Since the updates for the Halloween event have gone live there is a huge memory hole in the Flash code. On my PC it went from 100k to 1.5GB in an hour and the game is pretty much unplayable. Prior to these updates I could leave a Firefox tab logged in to FOE all day without issue.

The second update that dropped on the 20th at 17:02 was an improvement but performance after a few minutes is abysmal and unplayable

On the plus side the Android and iPhone apps work ok!

DeletedUser11849

Ever since the Halloween Event started a few days ago, I have a problem with the game loading correctly. The icons on the left where you can access the quests are just not loading, arrow just going around and around. Is anyone else having the same problem?

markdiss

Private
New code dropped within the last hour and a half (think the times are CET+DST) let's hope they've sorted it this time. Fingers crossed!

markdiss

Private
Nope still chewing through RAM, PC slowed to a crawl - eating between 1-2MB per second I can see in Task Manager. Was fine until I started collecting output for the first 30 minutes just sitting idle.

DeletedUser106287

I Use Google Chrome
I have disabled all other browser add-on`s
I have reloaded game several times
I have rebooted pc several times
I have checked forum and sticky threads for similar issues

Every time I try to access a part of the game , eg troop interface , message boards , Inventory etc , it runs very slowly , and / or has very delayed reaction times , I am now considering giving up the game , as it seems you ( FoE ) have reactivated the accelleration software , as the issue I am having is ,,, or seems to be ,,, very similar to the time when you added the acceleration software :-(

Same problem here, But I use Firefox in Windows 10 - Left to its own, It causes Flash player to consume ALL memory, before Windows buts in and closes Firefox down.
This may also be relevant - I have noticed that there are two random white capital letters on a black background in the top left corner of the city landscape map.

DeletedUser109697

Same problems, mostly on Win7 and less on the Win10 PC (I only used firefox).
Sounds odd but FoE isn't having issues on my smartphone (Galaxy S4).

DeletedUser98377

For info gathering: I have the same issue and have tried using Firefox and Edge. I have cleared cache and tried accelerator on and off. In Edge accelerator OFF appears to help a bit, but in Firefox turning it off makes it even worse (it won't even load the city).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107950

So I've been having the insanely slow loading ever since the rollout of the Halloween event, this morning I turned off all animations and things seem to be going fine now.

markdiss

Private
Same problems, mostly on Win7 and less on the Win10 PC (I only used firefox).
Sounds odd but FoE isn't having issues on my smartphone (Galaxy S4).

The Phone Apps don't use Flash (Thank GOD!), it's about time the main game didn't as well. No flash no problem. Flash is dead, rewrite it in HTML5!

DeletedUser109735

Can those of you using Chrome please try running the game in a different browser and see if you're experiencing the same behavior. It may be caused by Chrome with the latest game update but we cannot confirm that just yet. Thank you for your patience while we're looking into it.
I am using Firefox, I have the same issues, sort it out soon or i will be looking for a new game to play, It started when the hallowean quests did

DeletedUser653

Do they not test updates prior to release in the main browsers?

Updates are normally tested in beta before coming here and from the reports above it seems to be a crome/FOE issue as firefox runs ok, maybe a crome change? I have no issues in Firefox

DeletedUser108771

im using firefox and its pretty much impossible to play anymore, would have thought they would have fixed this bug by now.

DeletedUser108047

Contrary to some posts...latest versions of FF slow. laggy and struggling to download graphics, mouse movement is scratchy at best. Chrome is performing better.
Definitely as Flash is being increasingly ignored by browser development crossbrowser problems will continue to increase. Time for Inno to bite the bullet and move.... Flash is not the future and there is no possibility of it getting better

DeletedUser109749

my chat box is freezing continuosly, every 1 minutes, due to this the whole game is freezing, i am not able to fight and even all the things because it freezes for few seconds again and again, i did what i can, it is really annoying