• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confirmed: Graphics Freeze / delayed action

DeletedUser97579

Chiming in with another Chrome and Firefox go-slow report. Even with private browsing. I haven't tried IE yet.

What I did have (and another guild member also reported) was a note saying that my "video memory max capability has been reached and animation will be deactivated". That's new today.

DeletedUser99588

Chiming in with another Chrome and Firefox go-slow report. Even with private browsing. I haven't tried IE yet.

What I did have (and another guild member also reported) was a note saying that my "video memory max capability has been reached and animation will be deactivated". That's new today.

I haven't had animation on for more than a few minutes since Christmas due to the video error. Haven't missed it although I thought they had fixed the video error a while back. Unless you like spending lots of time looking at your city then not worth bothering with animation.

DeletedUser12400

I recommend to try Waterfox. It’s really fast and more responsive than Mozilla Firefox.

DeletedUser97579

"City animations", "Animations of other player's cities" and "Smoke and cloud animations" have been disabled for many months. Still got the message - so I'm not sure what it thought it was going to turn off.

DeletedUser

actually having hardware acceleration ON is usually what causes these things as it can create conflicts. try it with it off.( I too am having the same issue.)

DeletedUser99588

"City animations", "Animations of other player's cities" and "Smoke and cloud animations" have been disabled for many months. Still got the message - so I'm not sure what it thought it was going to turn off.

Saying that I got a video error fighting GvG recently. I think it was the first fight as well :) Haven't had it since though so just thought it was another glitch in the system.

DeletedUser97579

actually having hardware acceleration ON is usually what causes these things as it can create conflicts. try it with it off.( I too am having the same issue.)
Frakken - that's the problem. They've removed the option within the game to "try with it off" - it's forced on.
the setting within flash isn't controlling exactly the same things (which, incidentally, I've had disabled for many months also just in case)

DeletedUser100832

in the morning it was alright, now worse than ever ((

and I disabled hardware...

DeletedUser12400

Sadly I have a 32-bit system therefore cannot use Waterfox :(
It's a pity. Only what I can suggest you, to try clearing your cache and cookies.

Guide:
IE 7, 8 and 9:
Internet Explorer 8 and 9:
- Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
- Click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7:
- From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Delete Browsing History... .

- To delete your cache, click Delete files... .
- To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .
- To delete your history, click Delete history... .

Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Firefox:
1. Click the menu button New Fx Menu and choose Options.
2. Select the Advanced panel.
3. Click on the Network tab.
4. In the Cached Web Content section, click Clear Now.
5. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.

Chrome:
1. In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu Chrome Menu.
2. Select More tools > Clear browsing data.
3. In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
4. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
5. Click Clear browsing data.
Also you can try to clearing your flash cache.

Guide:
Internet Explorer, Firefox:
1. Click the "Start" button located in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
2. Click on "Control Panel" (or depending on your system setup, "Settings" and then "Control Panel").
3. Click on "Flash Player" (or "System and Security" and then "Flash Player").
4. Click on the "Advanced" tab located along the top of the "Flash Player Settings Manager".
5. Ensure the latest version of flash player is installed (click "check now" to verify which version you have installed).
6. Click the "Delete All..." button located at the top of the "Advanced" section of the "Flash Player Settings Manager".
7. Ensure that there is a checkmark beside the "Delete All Site Data And Settings" option.
(IMPORTANT: leave the "Delete All Audio and Video License Files" option UNCHECKED).
8. Next, click the "Delete Data" button located in the bottom right hand corner of this window.
9. Close the "Flash Player Settings Manager".
10. Close the "Control Panel".
11. Restart your browser

Google Chrome:
1. Click on the following link to navigate to Adobe's online Flash Player Settings Manager.
2. Click on the "Delete all sites" button.
3. Restart your browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10025

Thanks for the information Overtype. I've been playing the game for 3 years and sadly clearing cache and cookies to try to fix an issue is the norm now.

I'd tried all of your suggestions previously except for clearing the flash cache; I just did that and it still does not clear the lag :(

For information Firefox works for me so I post here my system information which may help others.

1.62.8831722 (15.10.2015 11:45), Alarch ddu (400832), en6, en_US, WIN 19,0,0,226, Windows 7, Firefox/41.0, 1280x887, DirectX9 (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser15432

I am glad I am not the only person experiencing a slow down in the game since the introduction of the latest bug fixes, let us hope they can manage to fix the problems soon

DeletedUser18224

I am glad I am not the only person experiencing a slow down in the game since the introduction of the latest bug fixes, let us hope they can manage to fix the problems soon

Also having this problem and am using chrome,tried all the usual fixes but nothing works enjoyed the game for a few years now but patience is running out

DeletedUser16026

Just to update you folks that this has not been forgotten. We're still trying to locate the source of the issue so if anyone has additional information please do share it. Apologies for the inconvenience till this is all resolved.

DeletedUser18224

Still on go slow

Just to update you folks that this has not been forgotten. We're still trying to locate the source of the issue so if anyone has additional information please do share it. Apologies for the inconvenience till this is all resolved.

Ok tried reloading chrome as ticket reply suggested but still the same,can collect in mornings when game not busy but cannot fight as too slow,when game busy (night) impossible to play i will give it a couple more days and will have to leave if not sorted and theres not only me,surely your tech guys can sort this or take off whatever they did in the bugfix ?

DeletedUser99692

Completely oddball suggestion Darkstar it wouldn't have anything to do with the amount of spurious stored mail the system is carrying left over from left conversations ? They may not be impacting by jumping to the head of the mailbox but they add to the length of the stored message streams every time someone leaves quietly munching server space

DeletedUser16026

Completely oddball suggestion Darkstar it wouldn't have anything to do with the amount of spurious stored mail the system is carrying left over from left conversations ? They may not be impacting by jumping to the head of the mailbox but they add to the length of the stored message streams every time someone leaves quietly munching server space
It would not explain why this behavior is mostly dominant on Chrome though and less so on other browsers. But I will pass it along.

In the meantime, for those experiencing this can you please attempt the following:
Type in chrome://settings/ in the address bar, go to -> advanced -> hardware acceleration and make sure it is turned on.

Then enter the game and test to see if this behavior persists. Do let us know whether or not it made any change. Thank you!

DeletedUser97579

In the meantime, for those experiencing this can you please attempt the following:
Type in chrome://settings/ in the address bar, go to -> advanced -> hardware acceleration and make sure it is turned on.
Just to confirm, this was already enabled in my Chrome browser.

DeletedUser105741

Have tried with hardware acceleration on and also with it off. No discernable difference, it's still painfully slow. One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that even when I move the cursor very quickly across the screen, a display box appears for every building the cursor passes over. It only used to do this when the cursor was paused over a building.