• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confirmed: Graphics Freeze / delayed action

DeletedUser16026

That is not our report, it's simply a report on this issue.

It doesn't matter who started the report on the Adobe page. If you scroll down you can read comments from various people about it.

DeletedUser

all i can see is there on about is the mouse delay evan have fixed that with turning off hardware acceleration ,, am not trying to be picky but i am at the end of my rope and i be moving to another game soon :|

DeletedUser107476

all i can see is there on about is the mouse delay evan have fixed that with turning off hardware acceleration ,, am not trying to be picky but i am at the end of my rope and i be moving to another game soon :|
I just read ToS it says Lord Smeg is not allowed to leave before markp27!!!!

DeletedUser16026

The behavior matches the description of the linked bug, the reporting time for both is similar, and the developers have already confirmed it's the same issue. In fact there is a post for FoE in the comments of that linked thread with links to FoE videos that show the behavior.

Mouse slowness is not as simple as a mouse going slower, it also means that any action you take with a mouse (clicking a window, collecting, setting up productions, moving a unit) can experience delay. It means all your mouse-related actions actually take place several seconds afterward.

DeletedUser

will just an update according to the bug its been fixed in
chrome version v48.0.2564.71 beta-m (64-bit)

so i thought i would try the beta also my version what i got from chrome is
Version 49.0.2623.28 beta-m (64-bit)

and still the same lag not just on GVG but the whole game seems to be so laggy (At Times) and not just on google chrome , firefox is somewhat a little laggy, waterfox will its the same as firefox i did manage to get waterfox working the best 1 is for me using Pale moon Version 26.0.2 (64bit) runs abit faster than firefox and waterfox but sometimes the lag is just unbareable

GVG on all of them especially at timer is unplayable and thats 5 days in a row for me.

any update from inno please ?

DeletedUser99520

any update from inno please ?

I came in forum looking for any reports of very slow game play and found this -

I am running Win 7 laptop , on an i5 processor , 6Gb Ram, nvidia GeForce 1Gb graphics , with latest Flasplayer update, and has been tried on Firefox/ Chrome etc etc .........

The game freezes every browser I try and needs to be reloaded (refreshed) constantly .....

Are there any fixes yet? or anymore info available?

DeletedUser

I came in forum looking for any reports of very slow game play and found this -

I am running Win 7 laptop , on an i5 processor , 6Gb Ram, nvidia GeForce 1Gb graphics , with latest Flasplayer update, and has been tried on Firefox/ Chrome etc etc .........

The game freezes every browser I try and needs to be reloaded (refreshed) constantly .....

Are there any fixes yet? or anymore info available?

you reckon last update was aloud of cr ap still megga lag ,, rail gun not fixed

atleast we got a new guide though

DeletedUser4571

I read here that many, many players have the same problems with the game. It seems to get from bad to worse to even more worse.
USING FOE with ALL browsers result in the same issues: the game LAGS badly, freezes, delays , doesnt load properly etc etc.
All know here that they need to clear cache , cookies etc. so when given this advise again , its really not helpful. But it seems the only answer we get and it is probably a standard script to use.
The fact that a lot of players experience this should really activate FOE to solve it and stop seeking fault at players. We are not idiots , we know what to do, give us some credit and take that as a fact. It is not OUR internet speed, or hardware or software that is at fault but the game itself.
Seek fault at the heart of the problem which is bad game development imo.
This game is so great but all this is killing it slowly. So please stop trying to fault the players and look to the game itself. It is clear that it is badly flawed.
If there was progress and some improvement I'm sure a lot will be happy. I would be happy indeed if just one major issue would be solved, like the lags at GVG reset. But with every upgrade its worse...
The list of bugs is seemingly endless and the list of fixes is frightening short....

DeletedUser14914

Same problem here. I even changed mouse, used a different computer no change. The game has become completely uncontrollable.
I am also using Google Chrome !!

It definately appears to be an issue with the game running on Google Chrome, started having problems at around 8pm GMT on Thursday, it was working okay in the morning.
Have just logged on via Explorer and it plays without any issues !
Something very odd going on !!

I have found that using a browser called "Torch" has completely cured all my issues , try it , i`m confident that you will see a huge difference , best regards , RumbleButt

DeletedUser14914

TORCH Browser Guys / Gals , it was the answer to ALL My issues ,

DeletedUser14914

I read here that many, many players have the same problems with the game. It seems to get from bad to worse to even more worse.
USING FOE with ALL browsers result in the same issues: the game LAGS badly, freezes, delays , doesnt load properly etc etc.
All know here that they need to clear cache , cookies etc. so when given this advise again , its really not helpful. But it seems the only answer we get and it is probably a standard script to use.
The fact that a lot of players experience this should really activate FOE to solve it and stop seeking fault at players. We are not idiots , we know what to do, give us some credit and take that as a fact. It is not OUR internet speed, or hardware or software that is at fault but the game itself.
Seek fault at the heart of the problem which is bad game development imo.
This game is so great but all this is killing it slowly. So please stop trying to fault the players and look to the game itself. It is clear that it is badly flawed.
If there was progress and some improvement I'm sure a lot will be happy. I would be happy indeed if just one major issue would be solved, like the lags at GVG reset. But with every upgrade its worse...
The list of bugs is seemingly endless and the list of fixes is frightening short....
TRY TORCH Browser , it cured all ,,,,, ALL My Issue in the game :)

DeletedUser653

Rumblebutt your scamming,

Wikipedia says following about torch:-
Criticism
Bundling of unwanted software
Torch Media receives payments from companies like Ask.com to bundle potentially unwanted programs with the browser. Users may be asked to install search toolbars or adware programs during installation. These bundled programs commonly do one or more of the following things:

• Change the user's browser homepage to a page with ads
  • Change the user's default search engine
  • Prevent the user from changing their homepage and default search engine
  • Collect and upload data about the user's internet browsing behavior
  • Add toolbars to the user's browsers
  • Inject advertisements into websites that are visited by the user
While this practice is deemed controversial by some, users are given a chance to opt out of sponsored software and Torch claims to work fine without it.[17]

Torch makes contradictory claims about the software they bundle. Their online troubleshooter claims that "Torch does not install additional toolbars" while at the same time stating that "the Torch installer may include an optional Ask.com toolbar" on another page.[18]

Just so users get both sides of the coin

DeletedUser109335

I have been having problems with Microsoft edge, anyone else ?
When I use internet explorer freezing issues disapear.

DeletedUser97166

I have been having problems with Microsoft edge, anyone else ?
When I use internet explorer freezing issues disapear.
It is normally recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for Forge of Empires.

DeletedUser108681

Edge is really having fits with build 1.85 and 1.86. FOE freezes and stays that way, not unfreezing.

DeletedUser108435

Same problem on Firefox and it was fine two days ago.

I could actually open two tabs to keep an eye on my two cities and it gave me no problems as I said till two days ago.

I downloaded Opera and the game is running smoothly. I have two tabs open as I mentioned I have 2 cities and one in Postmodern ERA. I have disabled all animations and so far so good. I am running Windows 10 and have 2 other browsers open and also downloaded a movie while running the game. So far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109908

Same thing for me except I have not been able to fix the problem.
The game started delaying/lagging yesterday evening, about 15h or so b4 the halloween event went live. Everything I do started delaying by about 1s, ranging from between 0,3 and 2s even. randomly.
I have tried removing hardware ac, it made things even worse in firefox.
I have tried reinstalling flash, I have tried removing cookies and all local browser data. I have tried removing all flash player stored data.
I have tried firefox, chrome, opera (and if you suggest trying IE I will find you and murder you), and all were reinstalled or freshly installed. The least lag I have is in chrome, but even there it is noticeable and highly annoying, making the game barely playable.
My graph drivers are up to date, there is no malware or other malicious software on my pc, I scanned.
It is not my connection, as everything else runs smoothly, and everything runs smoothly on my mobile version of the game on the same connection.
I have tried the flash player on mutiple ocassions elsewhere and it works fine, both for video and aps.
For gods sake league of angels2(I tried it just to see if flash was to blame) runs so smoothly with so many more graphics and a massively bigger virtual memory running on flash.
Everything else, all aps, work fine.
There isn't a single problem in any of the browsers anywhere else that I can find.

But I can tell you this... there is a noticeable memory bleed somewhere in the game, and only in FOE.
I know because I clear local data on a regular basis, every week pretty much, and after clearing it now, when it was cleared last time maybe 6 days ago, I was refunded a mysterious 10GB of free space. And no I have not run anything else in flash this past week other than FOE, and a couple youtube videos.

win7 user here, the other shouldn't matter in a flash game, but you can get it if needed.
And no, I will not format my drive for FOE, if you suggest this, look up solution under suggesting IE use.

Was something patched yesterday, or a patch went live just b4 the event? IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

DeletedUser109908

Ok so I went up the thread and tried the Torch browser.
This has mostly fixed my issues, the lag is still present, but it is barely noticeable in torch.

But you should really fix this, as I said, there is definetly a memory bleed issue somewhere. And also, when working in firefox and opera, it is present while I am browsing the forums also, only FOE forums, but not in chrome, in chrome only the game itself lags. Very very strange.

DeletedUser102348

I too tried Torch and I am very pleased with the result, no leak and light and fast on it's feet :)