• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confirmed: Graphics Freeze / delayed action

DeletedUser14914

I Use Google Chrome
I have disabled all other browser add-on`s
I have reloaded game several times
I have rebooted pc several times
I have checked forum and sticky threads for similar issues

Every time I try to access a part of the game , eg troop interface , message boards , Inventory etc , it runs very slowly , and / or has very delayed reaction times , I am now considering giving up the game , as it seems you ( FoE ) have reactivated the accelleration software , as the issue I am having is ,,, or seems to be ,,, very similar to the time when you added the acceleration software :-(

DeletedUser7719

Hardware acceleration has been activated for all for more months already...

DeletedUser14914

Hardware acceleration has been activated for all for more months already...

Well its ruining My enjoyment ,,,,, probably others enjoyment ,,,,, of the game , I mite politely suggest giving US back the control to turn it off Please

DeletedUser100065

If you right click on screen and the select the settings option you can turn off the hardware accelerator still.

DeletedUser12400

if you right click on screen and the select the settings option you can turn off the hardware accelerator still.
Here:
howw.png

DeletedUser108241

I Use Google Chrome
I have disabled all other browser add-on`s
I have reloaded game several times
I have rebooted pc several times
I have checked forum and sticky threads for similar issues

Every time I try to access a part of the game , eg troop interface , message boards , Inventory etc , it runs very slowly , and / or has very delayed reaction times , I am now considering giving up the game , as it seems you ( FoE ) have reactivated the accelleration software , as the issue I am having is ,,, or seems to be ,,, very similar to the time when you added the acceleration software :-(

I'm having exactly the same problem!!

Dastar

Private
I also am having these same issues - just went on and disabled hardware acceleration and still the same issue. It delays so bad i thought someone elese was controlling my mouse lol

DeletedUser17313

I also am having these same issues - just went on and disabled hardware acceleration and still the same issue. It delays so bad i thought someone elese was controlling my mouse lol
Same problem here. I even changed mouse, used a different computer no change. The game has become completely uncontrollable.
I am also using Google Chrome !!

It definately appears to be an issue with the game running on Google Chrome, started having problems at around 8pm GMT on Thursday, it was working okay in the morning.
Have just logged on via Explorer and it plays without any issues !
Something very odd going on !!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

Can those of you using Chrome please try running the game in a different browser and see if you're experiencing the same behavior. It may be caused by Chrome with the latest game update but we cannot confirm that just yet. Thank you for your patience while we're looking into it.

DeletedUser100674

I am experiencing exactly the same problems and I'm using IE.
The game is virtually unplayable.

DeletedUser98639

I am experiencing exactly the same problems and I'm using IE.
The game is virtually unplayable.

Forge of Empires is optimised for the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. Could you please try Firefox to see if your issue persists? As Darkstar said, we thank you for your patience.

DeletedUser17313

Can those of you using Chrome please try running the game in a different browser and see if you're experiencing the same behavior. It may be caused by Chrome with the latest game update but we cannot confirm that just yet. Thank you for your patience while we're looking into it.

I am experiencing the same fault on Chrome and Firefox

DeletedUser

If you right click on screen and the select the settings option you can turn off the hardware accelerator still.

That's Flash Hardware accelerator, it's totally different from the game 'hardware acceleration ', surely a mod should know this before giving advice on it??

DeletedUser105304

I'm using Firefox 41, cleared cache etc, etc, disabled acceleration in flash, still runs in mud. It started off with random freezes but has got worse as time goes on.

DeletedUser105304

I'm using Firefox 41, cleared cache etc, etc, disabled acceleration in flash, still runs in mud. It started off with random freezes but has got worse as time goes on.

Screenshot from Task manager

Attachments

• flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 377

Roc8

Corporal
Firefox will not load the graphics. Chrome is so slow to react. When attempting to move the slightest amount it moves entirely to one side. The only browser i can use where the game will actually properly load and react is explorer. ALL of my browsers and flash player updates are current.

DeletedUser17313

Okay so this fault has been on-going for coming on 24 hours now.
I have had to dig out my old laptop with IE8 on it to enable me to play, chrome and firefox still displaying the same delayed freeze and drag fault which make the game un-playable on these browsers.
Any update on when a fix might be on-the-cards ? PLEASE !

DeletedUser100832

Okay so this fault has been on-going for coming on 24 hours now.
I have had to dig out my old laptop with IE8 on it to enable me to play, chrome and firefox still displaying the same delayed freeze and drag fault which make the game un-playable on these browsers.
Any update on when a fix might be on-the-cards ? PLEASE !

same here. Between 7:30 and 8:30 it was real bad, I was typing in chat and each letter took half a second to appear. Everything else was slow as well.

edit I use firefox

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10025

I am experiencing the same problems in Chrome; lag is around 15-20 seconds.

Firefox runs the game as sweet as a nut so I am now using that browser because after the last update using Chrome to play FoE is a nightmare.