• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2014

DeletedUser15432

You need to accept the quest before it will register Romang III

You need to complete the previous quest before Frosty re-appears Ultraviolet68

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102975

I had completed every quest - but the next day didn't appear. On 2nd day no show - I logged right out of the game, shut down the computer and then restarted ..... Frosty now appeared. SO I lost 1 day, but I know now that if he doesn't show - I need to log out and back in.

DeletedUser96867

@ultraviolet68 Just refreshing the browser page would likely do the trick.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Don't worry..the quests stack up, so if you miss some days or take a few days to complete a quest, then all that will happen is that the next quest in the sequence will appear :)

DeletedUser2989

It is important to note that if you are logged in at the end of the day (thus when the next quest should show up) that you'll need to refresh your browser page. (As suggested by fischh above me)

As mrbeef says quests will stack and appear in sequence so missing 1 day doesn't mean you miss that quest.

And it's important that once you see these quests that you also accept them right away to avoid doing something thinking it counts towards the quest only to find out you hadn't accepted it (as Pzkpfwv1d suggested above). I suspect that may have been what was happening with Romang III's situation, I had no problems finishing that quest via donating to GB's so any form of FP spending should count. If you have accepted the quest and it's not counting the points then you'll need to raise an in game ticket to get an in game mod to look at what is going on.

DeletedUser5399

Saving up my Stars for some REAL prizes. Want the Champion Retreat but will take the Diamonds of course. Will the Champion Reteat ever show up?

DeletedUser914

it does not matter what was in beta server, it is a technical testplace, they can put everything inside what they like, even if it did not appear there.

DeletedUser15432

Well, what I want is some rogues hideouts (need them for 8 worlds) and some renovation kits (4 needed to bring champions retreats up to current ages (tis getting rather embarassing on Dinegu - city is in PME and I still have Industrial Age champions showing up and cluttering up my army list with virtually nothing to use them on)

DeletedUser5180

Well, what I want is some rogues hideouts (need them for 8 worlds) and some renovation kits (4 needed to bring champions retreats up to current ages (tis getting rather embarassing on Dinegu - city is in PME and I still have Industrial Age champions showing up and cluttering up my army list with virtually nothing to use them on)

Reno kit (to use with champ retreat) must be the best item available in the game.

Have you written a list to Santa yet lol

DeletedUser914

if they put rogue hideout/renokit/champ retreat at Christmas they make a lot of Christian Korch players very angry

DeletedUser5180

if they put rogue hideout/renokit/champ retreat at Christmas they make a lot of Christian Korch players very angry

I understand Christmas is traditionally a Christian festival but this is called a Winter Event, in my opinion this is quite correct as to not exclude some players for whatever religious beliefs they may / may not have, therefore i can't personally see why those items you mention would upset anyone.?

May I ask why you say Christian Korch players.? i'm sure other worlds have many Christian players also

DeletedUser914

Christians go to church at these days and some are not allowed to do something else. Korch players did not have a chance to get a rogue hideout, so that would be a disadvantage for months because of religion. These days are meant to go to church, not be online. That is why a statement everything is just a bonus, for these items, is unfair for the ones who really celebrate christmas. I mean not the ones who eat Turkey, be with family and can be available online, but the ones who come together for the birth of Christ. And last but not least, there are some who are even not allowed to trade anyway at these days, same can be said for sundays. Offering high bonuses, is really breaking the basic thoughts about Christmas

the statement it is a winter quest is unfounded, winter starts at 21 December, not at 1 december, so in that case a start at 1 january would be better. No, devs started at beginning of advent, year after year, that means everything has to do with christmas, and the title winter event is incorrect.

I don't understand in that case, why give bonusses for Christmas, but punish the ones who created it: Christians?

DeletedUser99588

the statement it is a winter quest is unfounded, winter starts at 21 December, not at 1 december, so in that case a start at 1 january would be better. No, devs started at beginning of advent, year after year, that means everything has to do with christmas, and the title winter event is incorrect.

It is a Winter event not a Christian event. If your religious beliefs mean you cannot fully participate then that is your choice but do not expect others to have to bend over backwards accommodating you. Next you will be saying the Halloween event should have lasted just one day because October 31st is the date for Halloween. As far as I'm aware Christmas doesn't start on the 1st December either so why would you assume it is a Christmas event rather than a winter event.

This is a game please do not start bringing religion into it.

DeletedUser5180

Having been brought up with a Christian background I've yet to come across no trading at Christmas or indeed Sundays except the Western Isles of Scotland where the Free Presbyterian Church insisted on Sunday being a day of rest, even there the recent generation do not uphold this tradition the same way as the older generations did with taxis, shops etc all open on the Sabbath, even Sunday sailings are now running to the islands.

Anyway back on topic, this is a game played world wide with many players with many different religions, what do you suggest to please EVERY player rather than change something now in its 3rd year that would suit a very small minority ( I say small minority as many many Christians have no problem doing everyday things on a Sunday) and apart from church activities on Christmas Day for those that attend, many other players have family commitments and spend little time online anyway.

This is of course all IMO.

DeletedUser105544

Christians go to church at these days and some are not allowed to do something else. Korch players did not have a chance to get a rogue hideout, so that would be a disadvantage for months because of religion. These days are meant to go to church, not be online. That is why a statement everything is just a bonus, for these items, is unfair for the ones who really celebrate christmas. I mean not the ones who eat Turkey, be with family and can be available online, but the ones who come together for the birth of Christ. And last but not least, there are some who are even not allowed to trade anyway at these days, same can be said for sundays. Offering high bonuses, is really breaking the basic thoughts about Christmas

I don't understand in that case, why give bonusses for Christmas, but punish the ones who created it: Christians?

Look, this is not religion-based game. Folks from all corners of the world play this game and they belong to different nations, religions etc.

So, if developers accept your or any other such proposal because of religious reasons of one group of people, that would mean that they are forcing all other groups of players to accept rules that fits only to one group. This means that this group of people is privileged. Than the other groups would ask for for something else that fits to them, and if developers do not accept all of it, that would mean that they give privilege only to you. When one group has more rights than other equal groups, in legal terminology it is called positive discrimination. And this is not allowed.

So, the only possible solutions are: we will all have winter event with all mentioned presents, or we will not have winter event at all. There are no rooms for exceptions.

NOTE FOR DEVELOPERS: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put this rogue hideout among the presents, I'm chasing this green little house for more than two years, I need it to shoot better, all the kids in neighborhood have this nice little toy, and I don't :(((

DeletedUser914

This is a Christian event. Why do you think we earn stars and not snowflakes? Because it refers to the birth of Jesus at Christmas day.

This is the only yearly event that it does matter if you are on or not. Please, no game changing items like rogue hideouts, champion retreats, and upgrade kits with Christmas. Otherwise you have to wait until Easter for a next chance. Means 4 months a disadvantage for not allowed/ willing to be online while this is a Christmas event.