• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2014

DeletedUser99445

My point of view about this 'rogue debate' is pretty simple:

All properties of any unit are shown in the tooltip when you hover over that unit.
And, in the case of rogues, their age property is "No age".

The point is that the rogue hideout tooltip maybe is a bit confusing, it would be clearer if it were "No age" instead of "All ages" however these kind of quests does never mention 'barracks', just 'units'.

So, as a "No age" unit, the rogue is not a "current age" unit

But I also understand all those who only have rogues hideouts so they must have room to build other military barracks to complete this kind of quests :rolleyes:

Now this makes total sense and I have to agree with this.

DeletedUser99445

I concentrate on the real rogues. not your virtual all age quest rogues

Poor Testament......as Michael k. said in his post " when hovering over the rogue hideout" it states that they are " All Ages".
As Magnus points out, the actual units in the pool state they are no age. This is what causes the confusion as I have already agreed with.
Read the threads properly and then you'll see. Already conceded they are no age thanks to Magnus555 post at the top of the page which I responded in the third post down from the top, on this page.
I doubt that you'll read this either so "Whatever"
Couldn't be bothered to upload an image as you are able to view Hideouts in most citys.

DeletedUser5180

However: give away things that supply the best armies, does not fit in such a peaceful event.

The thread has moved on since your post so i'll make this my last reply on the subject lol

Christianity preaches peace to all men, love thy neighbour etc etc so should their not be peace all year round, and not just at Christmas.?

will all countries at war (many, supposedly in the name of religion) put aside their differences and show love and peace to their enemy over this Christmas period (or during their own religions festive periods).?

I think we both know the answers to my points

DeletedUser105544

So...by listening you people I came to conclusion...it is all about...little green people of no ages live in their tree of all ages...hm...hm...

LOL ONCE I SAW THESE GREEN PEOPLE TOO! :) :) :)

DeletedUser99445

little green people of no ages live in their tree of all ages

There you go. Spot on. Well said Haile LOL
As a sort of contradiction to this.....The observatory building declares itself "No Age" but produces Goods of your "Current Age"

DeletedUser5180

its all in the interpretation

but little green men of no age sounds rather alien to me

DeletedUser6065

So to re-cap:
1. We have a building of No Age that produces goods of Your Current Age (until Modern Era when it produces Refined Goods of Your Current Age for all ages).

and

2. A building of All Ages that produces goods of No Age (for all ages).

Got it.

. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

On the great age debate:
The observatory is No Age as it's a special GB that you can't get blueprints for via polishing or motivating any buildings. I'd agree it could just as easily be called an All Age GB but that would lead people to assume you could get BP's by polishing or motivating any age building. So I can see why they called it a no age building, as for what it gives out it is no different to my BA Tower of Babel giving me IndA goods. It's always been the in description (since it was changed to specify refined/unrefined) of any goods giving GB.

The Rogue Hideout itself is All ages and I'd agree that it could be changed to No Age to help avoid confusion about weather or not they should count. As the units themselves are No Age (and can't be changed to all age without breaking a few things) it seems like a reasonable suggestion to make the building match (clearly a no age building isn't impossible). Perhaps this could be made into an idea to be forwarded, but I'll also see if I can get a CCM/CM's attention on this one too. :)

Regarding the conversation on the great age debate, I'm unfortunately going to have to remove several posts above as they are not contributing to the discussion and are just insulting to one another. A reminder to all in this thread:
Treat each other with respect and remain polite.
I understand that debates can get heated but we should not let it get to the point where we stop arguing the point and start needless insults.

DeletedUser5180

i think that sometimes, yes, we can get overheated when we disagree with each other, and as long as personal insults do not appear then its healthy enough, it shows we care about this game (if not we'd never visit the forum and post our points of view whether positive or negative to the thread we're posting on)......and i'm sure regular posters here even when we disagree with other on some points have a healthy respect for eac other having read other threads that we post on

lets all chill out and have a happy christmas folks......players, mods and inno staff also.

after the festivities have passed we can all get together and hopefully Starzaan and Kimba can make the devs more available to listen to our concerns and we can all take FoE forward towards the future (maybe that should be present lol)

DeletedUser

This is my favorite thread ever, first the whole Christianity/Christmas/Winter Event debate, then all these pages of no age/rogue debate... awesome

Very happy that the champion retreat prize updated when I changed eras, glad that it wasn't stuck in the age I was in when the prize changed from what ever it was to the Champ retreat. Was able to score very awesomely with the last two days. Especially appreciated the humor of the poor guy who attacked my army expecting a weak PME and instead got 4 CE and 4 CE champs to the face.

mariust5

Corporal
So what you are saying , your Champion retreat changed ages in your inventory when you gone up an age ... Sorry i'm a bit confused .

DeletedUser7719

I think he's stating that the winter board updated to the CE values once he reached that age and got a CE Champion's Retreat from it on that day.

DeletedUser

Yes to what byeordie said, the board updated when my era changed (after a refresh) allowing me to try for prizes in my new era rather than the old era that I was in when the day change, changed the prizes.

DeletedUser105948

Not sure how to start new thread to tell the story for the event, any help appreciated.

DeletedUser105948

It says I do not have permission to start new threads, how do I enter the story event?

DeletedUser101943

The announcement states:
If you already have a Confectionery, you will be able to get its larger version

Is this a 'one time' / 'one confectionery' reward? i.e If I have 3 Confect's, will I be able to upgrade them all into larger versions, or just one of them?

Also, by upgrading them into large, does that mean you can then convert that new large into a huge? Or is it a either/or thing?

DeletedUser96901

only ONE confectionery

and if you convert one into a large this year you have to wait until next years winter event to upgrade it to a huge one

Or is it a either/or thing?
it is an upgrade one confectionery once thing