• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2014

DeletedUser99588

What happens if you have no provinces left to acquire?

If you have finished all maps then I believe the quests normally auto complete.

DeletedUser102954

Time Delay or Winter Gremlins?

yes
roads count
deco count too

Wish I'd known that it wasn't just buildings (perhaps rephrase?) that could be sold, but that aside I have now sold 6 buildings because there was a weird time delay and Frosty was only showing 4 sold. So now completed quest but, strangely, having collected the 12 stars which are added to yesterday's carry over of 2 it is showing 14 stars but no shuffle. One present revealed (Brewery) which I don't really want, so how do I get to see what the other presents are before they are shuffled - which I can't do because the shuffle button isn't visible? I can select a present but that will only allow me one pick as without the shuffle I don't get the extra stars allocated.

I have logged out twice - 25 minutes now passed - but no change. Using Firefox (updated yesterday). Whilst logged out tried Internet Explorer which produced same results.

DeletedUser5180

Well, I actually got the 250 Diamonds 3 times on 3 separate worlds

I hit the double prize followed by the 250 diamonds, the day after winning 1000 diamonds :)

I'm still gonna moan when it suits me tho HAHA

DeletedUser

I have a complaint about avatars. I think it is silly that the gender of avatars rewarded from quests depend on the gender we use for our current avatar. I recently switched to a male avatar because there's a serious lack of female avatars (I posted a thread on Beta about this with actual numbers, where female avatars are seriously outnumbered) and now, because I forgot to change to a female avatar I cannot seem to get my (beloved) Astrid (Lindgren) avatar. Instead I get yet another male avatar.

It may seem like a silly thing but when the game world constantly favours men and the general gaming population seem to think there's men/boys only playing, it gets really tiresome.

I want my Astrid avatar.

DeletedUser5647

I just hit a '2x' followed by 'Show 2 + 3stars' - I was given 6 stars but still only show 2. Why not correctly double the prize and show 4?

On a separate note, if your last pick of the day is '2x' then you get 20 stars the next day for starting instead of the usual 10.

DeletedUser5180

I just hit a '2x' followed by 'Show 2 + 3stars' - I was given 6 stars but still only show 2. Why not correctly double the prize and show 4?

you should report this as a bug.

as this event has run in its current format on en last year and now twice on beta (i cant remember if it was the same format in 2012) then i'm really surprised that any bugs should still exist

DeletedUser2989

Wish I'd known that it wasn't just buildings (perhaps rephrase?) that could be sold, but that aside I have now sold 6 buildings because there was a weird time delay and Frosty was only showing 4 sold. So now completed quest but, strangely, having collected the 12 stars which are added to yesterday's carry over of 2 it is showing 14 stars but no shuffle. One present revealed (Brewery) which I don't really want, so how do I get to see what the other presents are before they are shuffled - which I can't do because the shuffle button isn't visible? I can select a present but that will only allow me one pick as without the shuffle I don't get the extra stars allocated.

I have logged out twice - 25 minutes now passed - but no change. Using Firefox (updated yesterday). Whilst logged out tried Internet Explorer which produced same results.

From your description it sounds like you got your board of the day and clicked to shuffle it. You then would have to have clicked a present (which would explain the revealed Brewery) and would have been left with 2 stars. You then completed the quest (adding stars) but the "day" timer for the board hadn't expired and thus you'd have the same board.

If that is indeed the case you unfortunately can't "unshuffle" a board or get any hints as to what was on it after you have shuffled it (other than knowing what the special prize is for the day).

If it is a case of you hit shuffle but didn't select anything and the brewery is still revealed then that is certainly a bug that should be reported. The only way to see things after a shuffle is if it's a prize you have already picked or if it is revealed via the show two prize.

@ Pteropto about the following two things

The 2x reward is probably only applicable to the output of the "show 2" prize (being the +3 stars) and not it's effect (being show 2 other prizes). Afterall when you hit a "2x" followed by a "shuffle +10" you get +20 stars but only 1 shuffle. :)

On a separate note, if your last pick of the day is '2x' then you get 20 stars the next day for starting instead of the usual 10.

If your last pick of the day is a "2x" then I'm pretty sure it is wasted if you let the board time out. The reason for this being that it's a completely new board the next day and all previous "effects" are removed (the "2x" effect similar to the "show 2" effect). Just working off the description for the "2x" prize I'd say it wouldn't apply to the daily shuffle (as it's not a reward on the board) we get even though it applies to the "shuffle" prize.

The next reward is doubled... even buildings are given out twice!

DeletedUser105637

I have a complaint about avatars. I think it is silly that the gender of avatars rewarded from quests depend on the gender we use for our current avatar. I recently switched to a male avatar because there's a serious lack of female avatars (I posted a thread on Beta about this with actual numbers, where female avatars are seriously outnumbered) and now, because I forgot to change to a female avatar I cannot seem to get my (beloved) Astrid (Lindgren) avatar. Instead I get yet another male avatar.

It may seem like a silly thing but when the game world constantly favours men and the general gaming population seem to think there's men/boys only playing, it gets really tiresome.

I want my Astrid avatar.

Don't know if it has any truth to it, but if you check the Winter Event wiki page, you'll see that portrait of Charles is gained on 6th quest and portrait of Astrid is gained on 25th quest. Seems to be correct on the quests so far.

DeletedUser5180

Don't know if it has any truth to it, but if you check the Winter Event wiki page, you'll see that portrait of Charles is gained on 6th quest and portrait of Astrid is gained on 25th quest. Seems to be correct on the quests so far.

where are wiki getting the rewards info from though.?

if its beta then the quests have appeared in the same order as on beta (so far) BUT the special prizes have been in a different order so the portrait rewards can't be guaranteed on days 6 & 25

but yes, there should be both avatars given as rewards

DeletedUser7990

Wiki seems to only have the prizes up for the days that have already happened. There are no prizes shown for the tomorrows.

DeletedUser105176

Wiki seems to only have the prizes up for the days that have already happened. There are no prizes shown for the tomorrows.

They did have, but as Akbhoy says, they were based off Beta and wrong, so they were removed.

DeletedUser1081

The avatars aren't "special prizes", though - they're awarded along with the stars. In that respect the en event has been the same as beta so far. And everyone who completes the quests should get both Charles and Ingrid avatars, regardless of their personal or apparent gender.

DeletedUser5180

The avatars aren't "special prizes", though - they're awarded along with the stars. In that respect the en event has been the same as beta so far. And everyone who completes the quests should get both Charles and Ingrid avatars, regardless of their personal or apparent gender.

agreed, but no guarantee they will be on the 6th and 25th.?

I was lucky and won diamonds on the first day, am i being suspicious of INNO in thinking they offered them BEFORE anyone got a chance to save up stars lol

DeletedUser7719

as this event has run in its current format on en last year and now twice on beta (i cant remember if it was the same format in 2012) then i'm really surprised that any bugs should still exist
2012 didn't have a shuffle: just the questline, but last year has been in the same format (though there have been differences for sure) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5647

@ Pteropto about the following two things

The 2x reward is probably only applicable to the output of the "show 2" prize (being the +3 stars) and not it's effect (being show 2 other prizes). Afterall when you hit a "2x" followed by a "shuffle +10" you get +20 stars but only 1 shuffle. :)
I see the logic, it just feels a bit of a let down to get only +3 stars from a double.

If your last pick of the day is a "2x" then I'm pretty sure it is wasted if you let the board time out. The reason for this being that it's a completely new board the next day and all previous "effects" are removed (the "2x" effect similar to the "show 2" effect). Just working off the description for the "2x" prize I'd say it wouldn't apply to the daily shuffle (as it's not a reward on the board) we get even though it applies to the "shuffle" prize.

I have seen this +20 stars in the morning instead of +10 three times now after leaving the last revealed present of the previous day as '2x', so I'm convinced that is how it works.

DeletedUser101106

I just tried fulfilling Frosty's quest for today (spend 8 forge points) by contribution to a GB and in research. Neither got a response from Frosty or any stars. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I put 8 in a GB as one contribution--I guess that must have been the problem. I'm getting credit for using 1 FP at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102975

Frosty isn't appearing for me - he hasn't appeared for 2 days now :-(