• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter event 2013 - discussion

DeletedUser276

The events like the Quiz Master Challenge are here for fun and for something extra. If you dont like the events that go on then by all means dont participate in them. No one is forcing you.

Also dont get at each others throats in here. Keep chats friendly. if you have a criticism thats fine but if you bash for the sake of bashing you may get sat on.

that said lets try to keep things chipper. not all things suit all people. Play in the events or not as you like. Its all in the end your choice.

DeletedUser15432

There appears to be a problem with the second days quests, it appeared at 23:00 on Sunday and will run for 1 gour only, this is happening on Arvahall, Dinegu and Fel Dranghyr

DeletedUser

i entirely agree with remorce.
I'm a regular player and honestly I could be one of those moaning all the time but seriously I don't have the energy to do it just for the sake of it, seriously. Nothing will be exactly the way people want it and how i see those events is an addition to the regular game and that's A BONUS IT IS NOT A DUE !!!

People over time EXPECT events and they expect them exactly the way they want it to be. Creating events was an addition, a bonus, an extra in the original gameplay and questline - i do not believe it was an idea that came at day 1 of the concept of the game and it seems like people are constantly expecting this and that. We are playing a FREE BROWSER GAME for Windows' Sake (I'm saying windows not to say the G word lol but you know what i mean) if you want a game exactly perfect then you know what to do...i think for a free browser game FoE is doing really well and I can tell that from experience because ive been browsing the web for other free, non-download strategy games and i can say out of experience that FoE is by far the best. SUCK IT UP ! (sorry but yes this is a vent, people more and more EXPECT things and take things for granted and it just winds me up)

HOWEVER where i do not agree is whereby people who play in BETA in addition to the regular servers have advantages when it comes to elements of the seasonal event etc i.e either the number of quests or the probability to get this or that and so on. This brings them an advantage against other players who might be very much into the game but not have the physical time to involve in another server. There are ways to roll out an event in staging without revealing everything (and i might be hated for saying that... the "forgotten" beta server isn't that forgotten anymore) and I do not approve the idea that a selection of people would have an advantage over the mass for this reason.

End of rant.

DeletedUser98966

There appears to be a problem with the second days quests, it appeared at 23:00 on Sunday and will run for 1 gour only, this is happening on Arvahall, Dinegu and Fel Dranghyr

Same on Houdsmoor and Greifental.

DeletedUser

yep confirmed in Fel... I got "double the payout of your next present today"... so i spent today's 10 stars so i get double nothing (LOL and still I don't complain i just giggle about it because it IS FUNNY)

Nilopertiso

Corporal
Well I just hit the jackpot with the 250 diamonds in one world with apparently 40mins to go so I'm not complaining =)

DeletedUser

hahaha :) glad someone is being lucky and happy here then. And I am going to quote a world famous philosopher in that case : Yabadabadoo! :p

DeletedUser13082

Does anybody know whether rogue hideout will be available in this event? I've heard rumours that it will but so far I haven't seen one I've only seen rogues and nobody I've spoke to has seen one either.

DeletedUser15432

With a price of 2000 diamonds, the log cabin must be worth a lot of points

DeletedUser8813

todays special 250 diamonds ...or buy them tomorrow for 2000 diamonds....:)
great event but i dont think many will pay 2000 diamonds to buy specials..and i dont mind spending diamonds but that is just well ....lost for words

DeletedUser96901

todays special 250 diamonds ...or buy them tomorrow for 2000 diamonds....:)
no

you can only buy event buildings
is the price stars, premium buildings (which are cheaper than 2000 diamonds), ... there will be no buy it option on the following day :rolleyes:

DeletedUser99658

I have drawn this misterious award, and saw that the info says, that it only works for this day.
The information about this feature, visible on FOE website, clearly said - it doubles what you draw next. After I have drawn it, it said - what you draw next TODAY.

I think the second info should be released before someone decides to pick the present for his/her last stars and get stuck in the place when has double NOTHING coming.

It's a joke and provides unnatural advantage to those 'UNLUCKY' who did not draw this 'brilliant' option.

I would like to claim my 10 stars back, or please return the double feature for today. Other options are unacceptable.

DeletedUser98321

I have drawn this misterious award, and saw that the info says, that it only works for this day.
The information about this feature, visible on FOE website, clearly said - it doubles what you draw next. After I have drawn it, it said - what you draw next TODAY.

I think the second info should be released before someone decides to pick the present for his/her last stars and get stuck in the place when has double NOTHING coming.

It's a joke and provides unnatural advantage to those 'UNLUCKY' who did not draw this 'brilliant' option.

I would like to claim my 10 stars back, or please return the double feature for today. Other options are unacceptable.

Same happened to me.. and it sucks tbh

DeletedUser5180

I got the double your prize, I thought yippee then got 2 x duplicate bps that I can't even trade as I already have the gbs. I think random bps should be excluded as prizes when they can be totally worthless to many players (even possibly the majority these days). Still, it's a special event and must be seen as an extra so wont lose the plot over it and look forward to tmrws stars :)

DeletedUser

I got the double your prize, I thought yippee then got 2 x duplicate bps that I can't even trade as I already have the gbs. I think random bps should be excluded as prizes when they can be totally worthless to many players (even possibly the majority these days). Still, it's a special event and must be seen as an extra so wont lose the plot over it and look forward to tmrws stars :)

I was a bit more "lucky". I got the double prize too and then I clicked on the cute bears decorations and I was like cool, finally getting into the season spirit, for then to check in my inventory to see those bears decorations are BRONZE AGE and give 38 happiness, while Im in Progressive Age. So thanks for nothing! I mean what the heck am I going to do with some lousy bronze age decorations in Progressive age? Even roads give more happiness than that.

Also, another bug which came with this winter event. You know how after you finish a quest the next one doesnt pop up on the screen anymore - the bug all of us complained for the past few weeks? Well at least until now you knew to find it under the other quest slots. NOW you cant do that either because there is no order as to how the ongoing quests appear. Its a mess. And those of us who do 20-30 or more quests per day lose even more valuable time when skipping through quests to find in what order the quests were placed.

I have a friendly advice for the INNO staff. For Easter, no chocolate bunnies or eggs or whatever, JUST FIX THE BUGS!

DeletedUser8813

question ...is the gate statues age specific to when you get it or is it set as a bronze age item ..?

DeletedUser12086

Hiya all,

Currently there is a problem with the Gate Statue West being given out as Bronze Age regardless of the player's current age. This problem is being looked at and should be fixed very soon.

DeletedUser13082

question ...is the gate statues age specific to when you get it or is it set as a bronze age item ..?

I think it's just a bug there mate, I assume it would be age specific other wise there would only be bronze age for them despite the fact that the happiness boost for progressive era version was announced.

DeletedUser8813

Hiya all,

Currently there is a problem with the Gate Statue West being given out as Bronze Age regardless of the player's current age. This problem is being looked at and should be fixed very soon.

thanks so mine will get updated then when fixed?