• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter event 2013 - discussion

DeletedUser15432

It does not actually say in the announcement and there would have to be quite a lot of quests or large rewards to satisfy the demand for stars i.e. say 80 stars per day for 33 days that the quest runs for would require 2640 stars and that would equate to 110 stars per quests as there are supposed to be 24 quests according to some information being bruited about

DeletedUser

Nah, there are 250 stars reward for all the quests. Unless they could be boosted by Frontenac, which i don't think they will be.

DeletedUser96901

looking in the picture of the announcement:
"pick present: -10 stars"

reading excaclty
Each day in December
and december has 31 days.
so 10 stars per quest and 31 quests would 31 wins

end of events are always some days later so people have time to finish it (here 2nd january)

DeletedUser

Couple of questions

1. How do you get stars? What is the maximum number of stars you can get?
2. By combining the monuments and rewards, is there an additional bonus to the buildings?
3. What are the stats for each building?

Thanks

DeletedUser7719

1) You get star by completing quests. Last year, we were given a quest everyday (and you could catch up to the current date if you fell behind). Technically, I guess you could get infinite stars if one of the prizes is a star package that's greater than what you are spending to open one

2) As you saw in the announcement, combining Gate Statue East, Gate Statue West, and Gate gives you a 4x1 cultural building with an amount of happiness that I am uncertain of. (I am actually a bit unsure of this though)

3) I can't spoiler this until the event starts!

DeletedUser96901

2) As you saw in the announcement, combining Gate Statue East, Gate Statue West, and Gate gives you a 4x1 cultural building with an amount of happiness that I am uncertain of. (I am actually a bit unsure of this though)
I don't think so:
you get 3 buildings on 4x1 which looks good :p

if you look at the picture the buildings are arranged wrong:
"Gate statue West" on the east side of the Gate
and "Gate statue East" on the west side of the Gate

if you could combine it to one greater building you should at least place it correct :eek:

DeletedUser96844

Questions:
How many quests will there be?
Will it be based on the 'twelve days of christmas' theme..or 30+ quests to take you through the whole of December?

If the quests change daily..would the cycle return to that quest again if there are a limited amount of quests to fill the 33 days the event runs?

As with the halloween quests..some people finished them rather quickly and sat about twiddling their thumbs for the rest of the time the event ran...

DeletedUser96901

maybe 31 quests because "Each day in December"

quests don't change daily and you can't abort it: you have to do it
but you don't have to do it on the day you get them

DeletedUser7719

i do hope we get a lot of chances to get a lot of presents
Yea, at least you could win everything on the Summer Event. This looks like there's a chance you can keep on hitting the shuffle button and get a lot of useless presents again and again :(

DeletedUser7990

I want the xmas tree. Just in case you didn't know that already. :D

DeletedUser1081

I appreciate the devs' efforts to make this a somewhat more inclusive winter event.
Next year maybe we'll even get candles to light, a dreidel, seven principles and so on.
That would really be cool! But this looks like a step in the right direction.
A great miracle happened here! :cool:

DeletedUser7990

There are 19 quests.

Isn't there a quest a day though, and you have 24 hours to complete it, which means if there are 19 quests does that mean they can take longer than 19 days, or it finishes on the 19th, or you get 2 days to do a quest, or........ :confused:

DeletedUser10967

The quests stack up. As I understood, one quest a day, how fast you complete it is up to you. If you take more than 24h, new quest starts, but the one you are currently on doesn't end abruptly, so that when you complete it you get new one immediately. I hope that makes sense.

Do you get one quest per 24h or does the 24h apply only to the presents counter? The quests are repeatable, right?

Last edited by a moderator: