• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter event 2013 - discussion

DeletedUser12086

Please could you send a ticket for it, and we will fix it for you.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
What a rip off...

Art Nouveau Mansion - 3650 coins in 8 hrs - 917 pop - cost 400 Diamonds

Log Cabin - 3350 coins in 8 hrs - 272 pop - cost 2000 diamonds!!!

DeletedUser3157

What a rip off...

Art Nouveau Mansion - 3650 coins in 8 hrs - 917 pop - cost 400 Diamonds

Log Cabin - 3350 coins in 8 hrs - 272 pop - cost 2000 diamonds!!!

Well if u calc the diamond cost of stars and then assume the odds of getting ur prize, it makes more sense that cost, considering u missed the day and are coming in late. But I quess that just means that the diamond cost of stars is way too high :P

DeletedUser3707

Why are they making these terrible events? Just like the summer one, it's completely random again. The only winners are the diamond buyers. They've taken taken diamonds out of the wishing wells, and rotating quests so now you have to buy them.

What happened to the good old quests where you could use skill and plan things out? Now you can plan all you like and get nothing. Just keep it nice and simple like before. If you didn't do well, it was because it was your fault 100%. Now it' just the developers fault.

DeletedUser3157

Why are they making these terrible events? Just like the summer one, it's completely random again.

What happened to the good old quests where you could use skill and plan things out?

Summer event was like poker or blackjack with counting cards - some luck involved, but u were able to do a lot to increase ur odds. This one is like slot machine, nothing u can do at all but just click play.

What 'good old quests' you speaking about though? There's been only 1 more major event like this and it was easter event. Everything else we've had have been just same old "do a boring quest every day - get a boring reward every day - get a little more exciting reward from final quest" type of events. And this one is at least better and tad more "skill-based" than those because u get to at least choose for what reward u try to play for.

DeletedUser15432

I got the double your prize, I thought yippee then got 2 x duplicate bps that I can't even trade as I already have the gbs. I think random bps should be excluded as prizes when they can be totally worthless to many players (even possibly the majority these days). Still, it's a special event and must be seen as an extra so wont lose the plot over it and look forward to tmrws stars :)

I got double yesterday and then got reshuffle, which seemed to cancel it out as double reshuffle should give 20 stars but hot 0 stars instead

DeletedUser97590

Well, there are quite a few strange things with the prize board system.
Minutes ago I pick a present and when they become visible I see that it is the 250 diamonds package that was placed there, short lived (less then a second, cause the popup window came up with the shuffle sign, which was nowhere near it on the prize board.
Looks to me that we are not exactly supposed to win anything worthy. Oh well, nothing new then.

DeletedUser

Hiya all,

Currently there is a problem with the Gate Statue West being given out as Bronze Age regardless of the player's current age. This problem is being looked at and should be fixed very soon.
Yet another beta item that hasn't been checked! It really is hard to appreciate what is done there.:(

I should hope this will be updated as 38 happiness to a PE user is absolutely useless, but then again, so will the object be anyway.

DeletedUser96901

if you have already won Gate Statue West (bronze age) contact the support and they will change it to your age

DeletedUser76094

It'll be funny if tomorrow you are able to buy today's prize (250 diamonds) at a cost of 2000 diamonds. Knowing how the bugs have been lately, I'm looking forward to see this irony :D

I sincerely hope that this potential bug has already been identified and fixed. ;-)

DeletedUser276

its been identified. As to fixed.. dunno. Should get a hotfix on it pretty quick.

DeletedUser5514

Its a free game so, using your own words, suck it up... there is no logical reason on the critics you point down.
i entirely agree with remorce.
HOWEVER where i do not agree is whereby people who play in BETA in addition to the regular servers have advantages when it comes to elements of the seasonal event etc i.e either the number of quests or the probability to get this or that and so on. This brings them an advantage against other players who might be very much into the game but not have the physical time to involve in another server. There are ways to roll out an event in staging without revealing everything (and i might be hated for saying that... the "forgotten" beta server isn't that forgotten anymore) and I do not approve the idea that a selection of people would have an advantage over the mass for this reason.

End of rant.

DeletedUser7719

My opinion on the event is that there should be some way to guarantee a win of the special (winter) prizes without the use of diamonds. The easiest way of doing this would be to let the final day have all winter prizes and no shuffle button.

DeletedUser

@rogeriods...

Using your own words it's A (a = one = 1) free game.
We shouldn't have to play 2 games in order to have an advantage however this is another discussion point and that's why i didn't emphasize my whole post on that (happy to develop on a different post, this not being the main topic of this one)

DeletedUser10967

For this event, visiting guild mates/neighbors, should gain you 1 star instead of the usual 20 coins.

Right now I used my last 10 stars and got a 2x booster. And now I just look at it, for the next 24h, without being able to capitalize on it.

And don't start with the 'you should save up blah blah'. There's nothing to save up for, the board is mostly riddled with junk for advanced player.

DeletedUser97958

Diamonds

So, am I right in saying that the 3rd Dec quest (Cypress Trees, etc) requires a not-insignificant number of diamonds? So the "free" gifts are only available to those who are prepared to pay actual cash? Or have I missed something? I don't even know what an "Urban Tree" is.
The wording in English is particularly unclear; "a and b and c or z" doesn't tell you whether it's "a+b+c or a+b+z" that's acceptable, or "a+b+c or z"

DeletedUser10967

So, am I right in saying that the 3rd Dec quest (Cypress Trees, etc) requires a not-insignificant number of diamonds? So the "free" gifts are only available to those who are prepared to pay actual cash? Or have I missed something? I don't even know what an "Urban Tree" is.
The wording in English is particularly unclear; "a and b and c or z" doesn't tell you whether it's "a+b+c or a+b+z" that's acceptable, or "a+b+c or z"

Urban Tree is a Prog Era decoration, either build 3 of those or those other trees. They don't cost much, just play around a bit. :)

And quests require only in game currency, they never cost you actual cash (diamonds). Yes, sometimes they include premium buildings in the quest description, but you are never forced/obliged to buy them to complete the quest. Never.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98966

I just built 10 ordinary trees (cost 30 supplies each) and that worked for me!

DeletedUser15432

you can complete the quest with 10 BA trees, for a total cost of 300 supplies

DeletedUser7990

Yeah, the 3rd quest's English is SHOCKING. I know it's a German company, but I bet they have some English speaking people working for them. It should say, build EITHER 10 trees OR 3 Urban Trees OR.....