• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter event 2013 - discussion

DeletedUser7939

Can someone simplify please .... Is there another shuffle before everything is gone and exactly when will will lose the option to spend earned stars.

For anyone else wondering ... Tomorrow is the last day to spend stars. I would assume that could mean a new shuffle depending on the time left.

DeletedUser15432

because that it is what it says in the information release for the even and that is what has happened in the past with regards to these special events

DeletedUser7719

my mistake, sorry..............i'm sure i read this on the forum here tho.?
You might have read on the beta forums which is the reason why we are strict with trying to spoilerize anything from there ;)
(Please, no discussion about this ^^^)

DeletedUser

To those wondering how long we have until the event closes / how long we have to open presents:

If you go to the winter event screen (where you open presents), there is a question mark at the top right corner. Clicking this will bring up a window with a countdown at the very bottom. It gives you the exact amount of time until it disappears, right now for me it says 1d 3:32 :) Hope this helps!

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser5904

This is only hard if you spent all your stars when Confectionary was not available. It was very possible to accumulate 180 stars or more and, at least for me, Confectionary appeared twice and I've got mine by spending only a few stars.

Or you could have saved your stars and been very unlucky. I play on 10 worlds across 3 servers and completed each task on each account so I have a very good sampling of the randomness of it all. There were several times that I had 150 plus stars banked to target certain items (rogue camps, kings, etc). Having even enough stars to clear the entire board doesn't guarantee getting a specific building due to poorly timed reshuffle picks. I missed out on more than a few targeted items even though I had over 100 stars for that particular day.

DeletedUser14881

Well, I don't remember if I've got mine after several tries or not. I do remeber it was not in first shot. Indeed, you must extremely unlucky to not get the Confectionary. I didn't get anything rated as Premium, but I've got several buildings I would have to wait weeks to get from tech tree (like City Park - I'll still stuck due lack of Fertilizer in my guild, so I can't pass through Castle Ranch)

Anyway.. I think the only possibility to not get it is by opening 16 packages and only trigger the Shuffle All in the 17th pack over and over again, without ever hit the Confectionary.

DeletedUser15432

Well, either the gods are smiling tonight or my luck has changed, you get one last shuffle and guess what on three worlds, the last shuffle game me a confectionery so able to complete the quest on those 3 worlds as well as the single world where I already had a confectionery, so that is 2 EMA large confectioneries, 2 Colonial Large confectioneries and 2 LMA confectioneries in production and 2 EMA, a colonial and and LMA confectionery sold. The summer and winter events have been kind to me, between them I have had a total of 10 confectioneries

DeletedUser5904

Well, I don't remember if I've got mine after several tries or not. I do remeber it was not in first shot. Indeed, you must extremely unlucky to not get the Confectionary. I didn't get anything rated as Premium, but I've got several buildings I would have to wait weeks to get from tech tree (like City Park - I'll still stuck due lack of Fertilizer in my guild, so I can't pass through Castle Ranch)

Anyway.. I think the only possibility to not get it is by opening 16 packages and only trigger the Shuffle All in the 17th pack over and over again, without ever hit the Confectionary.

Well, I am not saying I was bereft of attaining some of the buildings. I am saying it is possible to not get the confectionery. I missed it on EN3...even with the extra shuffle tonight. Your example isn't the only way. Think 3,4 or 5 picks without it and then getting a reshuffle. Rinse and repeat a few times an viola...no confectionery...100 plus stars down the drain. Or how about ending your daily spending with a 2X pick...or worse hitting the show 2 on your last daily pick and revealing the building you wanted...all have happened to me more than once during the event...horrible. Even worse, I have all all the GB's up to the era I was in on 5 of the 10 worlds I play. I bet I got dozens of worthless BP copies between those worlds over the course of the past month from the winter quest. Games of chance are the worst way to award quest only/premium items. The Easter quest line was the way to go. You earned eggs a number of different ways and then could spend them on certain prizes. Leaving it to random chance creates an environment where some get most, most get some, and a few get skunked...it's bad juju.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

You've created bad will by not making sure players who had no old confectionery would be able to fulfill that final quest somehow. I realize the old confectionery was a "daily special" three or four times during the event, but some of my guildmates had the bad luck not to win it any of those times and were left ultra-disappointed at the end of the event.

Why have a year-end event at all if you design it to disappoint some percentage of players? The least you could do is provide an alternative way to fulfill that quest and win an old confectionery by polishing neighbours or something.

DeletedUser3157

Empty = didn't try
250 diamondsWishing wellRogue hideoutZeppelinKingQueenPaddockConfectionaryTotal
A-world01111138
B-world00111137
C-world00011136
D-world001111026
E-world212049
F-world000101013
G-world012111039
H-world100011014
Total12767632052

On average 6.5 special prizes won per world. Highest 9, lowest 3. Notice that lot of times I stopped right away after winning 1st prize as not to waste stars finding reshuffle again. So plenty of stars remained, esp for confectionary in the end, where I burned all my remaning stars. Also I played conservative in those worlds, hoping perhaps some mircale diamond reward popping once more unannounced, so that's why so many confectionaries in the end. I didn't open any prizes for deli shop, cause zeppelins were soon after them and I valued them much higher. In E-world I alredy had zeppelins from summer event, so I went all out for just 2 best prizes, rogue hideouts and kings/queens. I value hideouts so well, that I didn't even try to go for diamonds in that world. Left that job for 7 smaller towns, but not great luck, hitting em only once.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is a minor graphic glitch, but the large confectionary animation is too fast. Or has a good seller.

DeletedUser4800

Why wasn't there an alternate way to get the confectionery like the graveyard @ Halloween (destroy 3 buildings)? Leaving it to a game of chance to get the item you need to have to complete the Xmas quest line seems a bit weak don't you think? Especially when you consider the amount of time folks who completed all the quests to that point put in. I was one of the lucky ones as I was able to get the large and/or normal confectionery on 9 of the 10 worlds/server which I play, but I know there have to be many who didn't get so lucky.

Because if you want it so much you can ultimately buy it.

DeletedUser6974

This is a minor graphic glitch, but the large confectionary animation is too fast. Or has a good seller.

now that i've got the new large confectionary i have to bury it behind other stuff because the animation running at 10 times the speed it should be bugs the heck out of me...lol