• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #7 2017-06-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

How to succeed at attacking with 7 rogues:
Step 1: Don't be a flaming retard
Step 2: Win

How to fail at attacking with 7 rogues:
Step 1: Choose a guy who has an army made of light units
Step 2: Send a fast unit with the rogues
Are you a flaming retard? If yes, proceed to Step 3a, if not proceed to Step 3
Step 3: Run away while screaming like a little girl
Step 3a: Attempt to win and get your army obliterated.
Step 4: Imagine the guy you attacked laughing his ass off at you as a means of applying much needed salt to those wounds.

DeletedUser110195

Yes indeed, I learned early on rogues are absolutely worthless on defense, and I burst out laughing when I see someone who has them on their defense "Oh how generous, you chose to handicap yourself! Thank you for your donation of tower points and whatever I feel like plundering!"

DeletedUser110195

Nah, it just lets you choose what those units are, assuming you have to attack one out to avoid an instant death on one of your units. When a rogue on defense will get an attack on something, I make sure the least dangerous thing the guy had is all that's left standing when I have to hit it before all regular units are dead. Not as good as a one shot kill, but still makes them a liability.

DeletedUser110195

You're much better off picking 8 regular units, preferably unattached since they're immortal on defense, something to remember for when you DO finally get a rogue, or rogue hideout. They can make a run through GE a piece of cake, but that and attacking players is their only use, map AI will ignore them unless they're the only thing attackable, and then you're better off picking the regular unit you'd rather have...except in the odd scenario where you don't have enough of those, then rogues could work attacking a map sector.

verb (used with object)

8. to affix (a notice, bulletin, etc.) to a post, wall, or the like.
9. to bring to public notice by or as by a poster or bill: to post a reward.
10. to denounce by a public notice or declaration: They were posted as spies.
11. to publish the name of in a list: to post a student on the dean's list.
12. to publish the name of (a ship) as missing or lost.
13. to placard (a wall, fence, etc.) with notices, bulletins, etc.: The wall was posted with announcements.
14. to put up signs on (land or other property) forbidding trespassing: The estate has been posted by the owner.
15. Digital Technology.

1. to submit (an online message) to a message board or electronicmailing list.
  2. to place (text, images, etc.) on a website: I just posted some photos of my trip.

verb (used without object)

16. Digital Technology.
  1. to submit an online message to a message board or electronicmailing list.
  2. to place text, images, etc., on a website.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Does the quest explicitly offer age-ahead troops ... or is it a random reward (that may give age-ahead troops IF you have scouted ahead) ?
The quests reward actual Unattached TE troops. By capturing one of the first Provinces (not PvP Tower one) and Scouting beyond the first Provinces you'll get at least 2 (and up to 4) of each of the TE troop types. About 2/3rds through the TE map you can also pick up a TE Champion unit.

With the Summer Event, is there any drawback to holding onto tickets rather than using them as you get them?

I'm thinking of advancing an age just before getting the two towers at the end of the first quest. I'd prefer not to have 'old' age buildings gained from spinning before that point.

DeletedUser110179

The quests reward actual Unattached TE troops. By capturing one of the first Provinces (not PvP Tower one) and Scouting beyond the first Provinces you'll get at least 2 (and up to 4) of each of the TE troop types. About 2/3rds through the TE map you can also pick up a TE Champion unit.
Ok ... that may be a problem ... because I'm in HMA (scouting into CA). ♫◆♫

@Augustavian : why do you consider the Notre Dame to be useless?

As a happiness GB, it seems to do quite well for the relatively small size and the goods thrown in with it aren't to be sniffed at.

I've been thinking of putting this one down after the Summer Event, along with a Tower of Babel, in my town that will stay at the end of HMA while I get all 5 to 6 GBs levelled up. That might leave me short of coins income but I'll cope with that.

DeletedUser110179

Hagia Sophia can't be beat ... happiness AND fps. My Hagia is upto Level 17 (that's in HMA).
Actually, every "Forge point producing GB" should find a home in your city and form the basis of your success.

You wont need more happiness with HS and Alcatraz. ♪●♪

Hagia Sophia can't be beat ... happiness AND fps. My Hagia is upto Level 17 (that's in HMA).
Actually, every "Forge point producing GB" should find a home in your city and form the basis of your success.

You wont need more happiness with HS and Alcatraz. ♪●♪
I have a Hagia Sofia, just at level 3 so far.

Hmm, Alcatraz .. I see. That means getting the goods for Progressive Era. I had been thinking that my forward-purchasing of goods would be used for an Arc. OK, you have given me pause for thought, thanks.

DeletedUser110195

ND has crap happiness per tile, not as bad as the colosseum but still nowhere good enough, and it's production is a pittance of supplies, so low it's insulting.

DeletedUser108047

On rogues... what till you have 100s or 1000s of them - very useful piece! 2 or 3 rogues in a DA can be useful as it forces you go to go manual to pick around the rogues or waste troops if speed is necessary.
On Notre Dame - I agree with @Augustavian - yes I built one but in hindsight - a piece of junk - so pulled it out. If it gets improved I have multiple BP sets to put it back in. Seriously considering trading in Hagia for Habitat... Can always rebuild Hagia also

Status
Not open for further replies.