• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #36 2018-01-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110179

Friend request ...

Somebody on FB said that they don't accept smaller players ... but I can't bring myself to accept someone with Colosseum and Babel
(I'ld rather have warrior-type friends).

Friend Request - Dan the Mighty.jpg

Friend Request - Dan the Mighty (city).jpg

DeletedUser111866

Probably you can convince them that they'd better use something else than colosseum. And ToB is pretty decent this early (and better in earlier ages).

DeletedUser

Every time I get close to hundred friends, I do some cleaning and I get down to seventy five or do.

DeletedUser110179

Every time I get close to hundred friends, I do some cleaning and I get down to seventy five or so.
Wow ... that's one mean spring cleaning that you've got going (I hover around 140 and aid everyone daily).

dca4d63cc4e48707bf3a3b6e790b3551--cleaning-day-spring-cleaning.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow ... that's one mean spring cleaning that you've got going (I hover around 140 and aid everyone daily).

I only really remove friends who have fallen inactive, or those who have a tavern optimised for them to get silver and can't be bothered to buy a decent tablecloth. But I find it an interesting cycle. I wonder if I'll ever get more than eighty active friends.

DeletedUser111589

Friend request ...

Somebody on FB said that they don't accept smaller players ... but I can't bring myself to accept someone with Colosseum and Babel
(I'ld rather have warrior-type friends).

View attachment 14354

View attachment 14355

I can't bring myself to accept someone with building 2 ages below their age, for example someone with butchers in HMA.

And ToB is useful for early players as population source and high players for extra unrefined goods.

Iwateguy

Major-General
I monitor them though to see if they aid daily.

On the subject of daily aiding, I'm curious how much people just click the AID button and how much folks actually go into the city and pick a specific building to motivate or polish. When I look at my event history and see how many residences have been motivated, I assume that's the AID button.

AussieAlex

Overlord
I only really remove friends who have fallen inactive, or those who have a tavern optimised for them to get silver and can't be bothered to buy a decent tablecloth. But I find it an interesting cycle. I wonder if I'll ever get more than eighty active friends.
After reading comments about keeping an active friends list, the last two months I’ve been checking friend and neighbourhood activity for a few days after a neighbourhood changes. At first I made a lot of deletions and then invited new active Aiders to be friends. But now there’s only a few changes each time. Worth a bit of short term effort.

DeletedUser111866

I'm curious how much people just click the AID button and how much folks actually go into the city and pick a specific building to motivate or polish.
96% click aid, my estimate. I haven't yet seen a single building mo/po'd before SoK and Black Tower, basically meaning that whoever motivates me right after I collect, uses aid. I also use aid, just because it's way easier and faster than loading a city, select mo/po and target, then reopen friends list to check for more aid-able ones.

DeletedUser

After reading comments about keeping an active friends list, the last two months I’ve been checking friend and neighbourhood activity for a few days after a neighbourhood changes. At first I made a lot of deletions and then invited new active Aiders to be friends. But now there’s only a few changes each time. Worth a bit of short term effort.
Yup, I guess I should start being more careful with what friend requests I accept.

DeletedUser111866

Got another least useful prize from DCs: 2*store building. I am sure I get more than fair share of these.

DeletedUser104719

Ooh, can I have them? Since reaching OF in my primary I've been slowly optimising, but my hoarder instincts prefer to store than delete ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.