• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (City) Motivation/polish custom priority

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111866

Proposal:
Let players choose what buildings get mo/po first when they get aided

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, found several that were revolving about global priority list that started with SoKs. Maybe it's time to let players choose?

Reason:
A recent addition of Black Tower that gives more than SoK while being lower in priority brought me to this idea. Also it's quite a good thing to have aid in control (maybe weaken this if letting people build lists in category style, but still). And finally, efficient players remove all their decorations from their cities because they attract aids way too much, even if they are not necessary. This will help players have decorations AND get their production buildings honed.

Details:
There are two ways I can imagine this be implemented:
First, players can be given a list of their buildings in order, in which they are being aided right now, with options "Move up", "Move down", "Move to top", "Move to bottom" to rearrange the list. Each new building is added to the bottom of that list, so whoever just has placed a SoK would have to manually move it to top before it'll get aided.
Second, players can be given a list of predefined categories ("Residential", "Supplies", "Special", "FP-granting", "Decorations", what have you), and can arrange the categories similar to the first variant. Any new building will then be assigned a category derived from its type, and position in the list according to position of a category.
Once the list is formed, each aid would check from top to bottom for any unaided building in the selected position (either category or a particular building), and once found, that building would be aided, or if category lists, a random building of a chosen category will be aided.

Visual Aids:
None yet, maaaybe in future

Balance:
This will allow players to direct others that just bulk-aid to desired targets, so overall the smarter persons win more. This will let people return decorations into their cities as originally intended, and will also remove controversy raised from weird aid results people experience early in the game. And finally, if you don't have a building, this will not let you benefit from it, and if you do, you won't get more than what aid provides anyway. So, this does not alter balance, but rather enhances the experience one can get from being aided.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't see this can be abused at any rate, at least you can only get a building aided with this if it isn't yet.

Summary:
I like decorations, but I don't like them being more of a detriment than something of value compared to production buildings. This is a thing to bring them back, or at least let people suffer less if they are unaware of their friends' aids go awry because they placed something at all.

DeletedUser111848

+1 i need this a lot of people think a fruit farm is better than a tailor

DeletedUser107476

+1 as long as there is a way to make HoF's number 1 priority so would have to be first method.

DeletedUser104719

+1

I can see how implementation might be tricky, but this seems a logical extension of the aid feature. One-size-fits-all is never the best solution, which is why we were given the choice as to what time our personal daily challenges start!

Status
Not open for further replies.