• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #18 2017-09-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111589

I have only 1 BP for Dynamic tower and not many guildmates have such advanced building made.

I have reached 3rd tower/temple for first time in GE (first difficulty). It's not that hard to reach it now that I have some GB that produce goods. It is bit costly... Also I do get the point what that guy was talking about. For newer players, such a thing is a feat. Heck, I think its easier to obtain a province sometimes.

DeletedUser110195

Well, first thing, you need to upgrade your taverns tablecloth, a good idea is to go table size>chairs>cloth, whichever is cheapest. If they're the same cost, go in the order listed. This will make it easier to keep high end players you invite as friends which leads me to the more important part of getting blueprints and goods for advanced GBs: Drop low end friends starting with guildies and/or people who don't aid or don't visit your tavern, then start throwing friend invites at people at the very top until you cap out your 80 friends.

Since Dynamic Tower is the perfect gateway to getting all other great buildings, people in Oceanic Future are the perfect choice for friends, as they get excesses of all tomorrow era goods through GBs. As for clearing GE, what you should do is build 8 goods buildings, 2 of each boosted good from current and previous age, you can trade down for anything else. Build just enough houses to build enough supplies to keep up with running 24 hour productions out of these 8 goods buildings. Trade for what you don't produce and negotiate GE. It's the fastest, easiest way to finish it.

DeletedUser111589

I'm 2k silver short of getting last cloth. And I'm already getting rid of low end players. Will such players actually accept someone from mere HMA?

So 2 granite, 2 alabaster, 2 herb and 2 (whichever second bonus will be)?

DeletedUser110195

Will such players actually accept someone from mere HMA?
I've had people in the top 10 accept me at iron age and they've stayed on my list through to every age my cities are at now. All you need to do is aid and tavern visit every day and they'll stay with it, especially if you make an effort to upgrade your tablecloth and table size. Get that cloth up to burgundy and 16 chairs asap and you have it made.

... is the monastery worth building?
Many people would say not. Most of them point to other buildings that are more effeicient on space, some will say that it is not worth wasting any space on defence.

If you have a defensive army and the monastery is all you have to boost them, I think it well worthwhile. It is easy to underestimate defence boosts but it has a cummulative effect on a battle, wearing down an opponent and causing him losses. When you have 50% or more defence boost, by adding those more space-efficient buildings, then is the time to think about cutting back to only 30% by losing the monastery.

DeletedUser110195

It really isn't. No you can't get another one, but with all the ritual flames you'll get from GE relics and some chests it really doesn't matter. You'll have defense bonuses for your defending army coming out of your ears before long and with much better tile efficiency.

I think this reply says it best:
9 watchtowers is worth 36 defense, a 3x3 monastry 20. If you wait until summer event arrives you have the chance to go for these watchfires, which are worth more then the single monastry, and moreover, because of the 1x1 the city design is much more easy.

I've been through Summer Event and don't have anything like 9 watchtowers. Anyway, how is a player to boost defence in the meantime. Assuming you fight through Tarleman while still in Iron Age, or early in EMA, I think it always building the monastery. Sure, delete it later but don't waste a 20% boost when you have none or very little.

joesoap

Major-General
or you could have 9 watchtowers & a monastery for 56% defence, each to their own but if players want to sell their monastery then having it replaced in their inventory is a good option

DeletedUser110195

I've been through Summer Event and don't have anything like 9 watchtowers. Anyway, how is a player to boost defence in the meantime. Assuming you fight through Tarleman while still in Iron Age, or early in EMA, I think it always building the monastery. Sure, delete it later but don't waste a 20% boost when you have none or very little.
While I agree that having something could be better than nothing, at that low age it isn't going to make a huge impact, by the time defense bonus will really matter you should have a ToR cranking out relics giving you ritual flames. I personally would like to have 72% defense from those 18 tiles than 56%. Take it from someone who has 184%....dropping 20 has made no difference in the effectiveness of my defense and my units values are high enough base that it really makes a noticeable difference. The monastery comes from a time when late middle was all there was and you didn't have ritual flames, and probably didn't have watchfires. Like treasure hunt, it's obsolete.

DeletedUser110179

Sure, delete it later but don't waste a 20% boost when you have none or very little.
I deleted all defensive special building and build no defensive GB's eventhough I never attack the neighbours.
I have been attacked but try to jiggle the defensive army to compliment any incoming attack.
I'm usually on Top of the HMA PvP Tower (unless our guild keeps level 4 GE locked.

Smile ... you're on candid camera.
Augustian-mad dog Killer.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

T_T QL 2 Q 20 - gain control over province or donate 900 goods to guild treasury

And I just got enough goods I can't produce for hagia and have to wait few days for the rest...

Guess some break from quests will be taken...

Edit: Why hasn't T_T turned to emoji?

DeletedUser110195

Have you figured you could upgrade 4 mills to bountiful instead of just 3?

DeletedUser110179

Have you figured out how you could upgrade 4 mills to bountiful instead of just 3?
Not without
Diamonds.png
s ,
_Fall_Apple.png
s and plenty good fortune ... but the thought of 5 Bountiful Cider Mils has got me very excited (wierd) .
I guess the citizens of Moretopia are clamoring for more apple cider (there is just never enough) .

Bountiful Cider Mill small.png

DeletedUser110195

Not without View attachment 13123s , View attachment 13124s and plenty good fortune ... but the thought of 5 Bountiful Cider Mils has got me very excited (wierd) .
I guess the citizens of Moretopia are clamoring for more apple cider (there is just never enough) .

View attachment 13125
I plan to aim for 3 bountifuls, if I can pull off more without diamonds I'll give it a shot, we should see the cider mill and the upgrade show up more than once, it is a 23 day event.

DeletedUser111510

I'd be very happy if I get 3 bountiful cider mills. Has anyone noticed if they get apples by contributing to GBs, their own or others? I just read it on the FoE Facebook page that some players are noticing it, sometimes. I just tried putting 6 FPs on my Chateau and got nothing though. Are you able to confirm this @Amy Steele ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.