• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #18 2017-09-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

@Prinza the Hunter - yep its hard to find room - I've 3 sitting there looking at me in my inventory

Re Monastery - I ditched in when my defence went past 400. I'd love to be able to go back to EMA and give the Barbarian's what for with hover tanks :) There should be more of these in quest add on quest lines

@Augustavian - why three bountiful? I thought the reno kits would be the best thing in the event

DeletedUser111589

Maybe but ar 5x6 it takes the space of a large GB. I might build it temporatily and delete it when I want the space.

With enough space, it pays off. I would gladly delete few supply production building for it. I need FP to level up babel. I'm getting low on population and houses take too much space.

BTW, how did you get it? Its not a basket reward.

DeletedUser110195

why three bountiful? I thought the reno kits would be the best thing in the event
I don't find much use for reno kits, I just need a single one up for my champ retreat for each age. Getting my building produced FP ramped up is the big thing right now, and anything a reno kit works on that produces FP, produces the same at all ages.

With enough space, it pays off. I would gladly delete few supply production building for it. I need FP to level up babel. I'm getting low on population and houses take too much space.

BTW, how did you get it? Its not a basket reward.
Don't look to Babel to do much on population for you. At best, it will expensively return as many people as contemporary dwellings. For pure population, Capitol (much despised by Augustavian) does far better or look to advanced-age Habitat or Innovation Tower.

I got the Terrace Farm at the end of the fourth level of difficulty in GE. First time I have been there.

I don't find much use for reno kits, I just need a single one up for my champ retreat for each age. Getting my building produced FP ramped up is the big thing right now, and anything a reno kit works on that produces FP, produces the same at all ages.
With four Manaraja's Palaces and attendant buildings, plus two Elephant Fountains and attendant buildings, plus bazaar. luau, caravanasary ... yeah, I need lots of upgrade and even reno kits.

DeletedUser110195

Build a tribal square of your current age, now you've replaced the goods supplied by the palace and compensated for insufficient coins. Build more supply buildings, now you've compensated for insufficient supplies. The Arc, victory towers and pvp towers are all you need for medals.

FP are all event buildings are good for. Though the happiness generated by the fountain is pretty good, so maybe that is worth a reno kit more than once every 4-5 ages.

I'm not sure there is anything that beats the coins + supply + medals + goods + forge points of the palace. A tribal square doesn't even produce the same in coins, let alone the 5 forge points per day. It does produce the same in goods, at 3/4 the space.

vikingraider

Emperor
The reason I asked about the monastery for defence is my master plan failed. There's one guy who attacks the hood regularly but only occasionally plunders but still gets through my defences. I've just managed to get 3 troops from the age in front so sat in my chair stroking my cat like Blofeld waiting for him to attack. He did today and still got through. My defence, on this world, is only 33% so maybe that's the problem. Like I say, he doesn't usually plunder, I just wanted him to fail.

Last edited:
Defence boosts can only go so far, as can advance troops. I find matching which troops I defend with to the expected attacks give me tne best chamce. Even then, I don't expect to be able to defend from a determined attacker - I just hope to make the losses much more than the plunder.

vikingraider

Emperor
Does the terrain stay the same when attacked from the hood? I felt that the terrain on the last battle really wasn't in my favour.

I think there are a number of different terrains, possibly constructed from pre-set quarters, which are picked at random. Sometimes an attacker gets lucky, sometimes not.

vikingraider

Emperor
I'm guessing the battlefield is 1.5 it's normal size so your artillery that could hit first turn now can't just to kick you in the nuts.

DeletedUser110195

It's normal scale and a half, meaning almost nothing can hit all tiles on the battlefield. A few things can apart from paratroopers which always can. Snipers can given optimal terrain, but that's because they can move further than artillery. I only know up to modern era though, higher ages may be able to reach everywhere regardless.

Also 1 age up isn't enough to stop a plunderer, who is almost assuredly going to be more than prepared to waste units one age up.

Status
Not open for further replies.