• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #18 2017-09-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111589

I'm aware its low on population. I'm leveling it up more because of goods.

I have 1 or perhaps 2 blueprints for those other population GB. Except for inno for which I don't have either.

What are challenges like? Something like story quests or more guild expedition like?

DeletedUser110195

A tribal square doesn't even produce the same in coins, let alone the 5 forge points per day. It does produce the same in goods, at 3/4 the space.
The FP is not why you would build a tribal square and the palace will produce 5 FP at bronze age all the way to Oceanic Future, FP is not the part that needs upgraded.

I'm aware its low on population. I'm leveling it up more because of goods.

I have 1 or perhaps 2 blueprints for those other population GB. Except for inno for which I don't have either.
I'd just suggest selling off the iron age goods buildings and the military buildings and building more houses, you can trade down with EMA goods if you need iron age. Build 2 of each high middle and early middle goods buildings you have a boost for, negotiate what you can't fight in GE, you'll get more units and make attached units unnecessary, though you can't autobattle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

Yeah, I planned to do it tonight when their last production finishes.

DeletedUser110195

Not too long ago, I would keep 1 of each boosted goods building from 2 ages down, but all too often the space and population used held me back too much and ultimately I concluded it isn't worth the trouble, not when you can trade goods of your previous era for those goods at 1:2

DeletedUser111589

I kept it only because taking over provinces still needed it.

However, getting rid of those buildings and getting new ones is still hard on population.

DeletedUser110195

I kept it only because taking over provinces still needed it.

However, getting rid of those buildings and getting new ones is still hard on population.
True, you can see all the EMA clapboard houses I have all the way up to late middle...all thanks to trying my damnedest to not research HMA town houses, since 'research a technology giving a residential building' is a thing on the path to PME units, and I've wound up failing on a couple worlds, hopefully not to the ruin of my plans because PME units in colonial would be effing hilarious to imagine just how full neighbors fill their pants when they see those monsters who nothing they can hope to use against me will work, short of having at least modern era units.

DeletedUser111589

True, you can see all the EMA clapboard houses I have all the way up to late middle...all thanks to trying my damnedest to not research HMA town houses, since 'research a technology giving a residential building' is a thing on the path to PME units, and I've wound up failing on a couple worlds, hopefully not to the ruin of my plans because PME units in colonial would be effing hilarious to imagine just how full neighbors fill their pants when they see those monsters who nothing they can hope to use against me will work, short of having at least modern era units.

I am researching the house path with spare FP I have. Its slow...

That kinda sounds stupid, not researching houses to get units. Can't say I understand that.

@Prinza the Hunter I hope it does changes.

DeletedUser110195

That kinda sounds stupid, not researching houses to get units. Can't say I understand that.
Units that are 4 ages above yours, units that could sneeze in their armies general direction and they'd all fall over dead. With PME units at colonial, you would be utterly invincible. No one and nothing would have a prayer of even scratching your army, let alone winning. This I think, is worth the trouble of not researching town houses, since they are fully optional, and if you pull it off you'll be in a better place to become lord and master over your neighborhood, leaving you free to build up whatever GB you want, and god help the neighbors you get in the future when you're ready to leave colonial.

DeletedUser111589

@Augustavian What I don't understand is how to obtain those troops. A weird quest like "reach another age without researching any residential buildings - reward 4 tanks" doesn't seem possible.

DeletedUser110195

@Augustavian What I don't understand is how to obtain those troops. A weird quest like "reach another age without researching any residential buildings - reward 4 tanks" doesn't seem possible.
No no no....there are story quests along the way to getting postmodern units that ask you to research a tech unlocking a residential building. I mention not researching town houses because it is possible to not do so and continue on to LMA, so you save that HMA tech for when it is most convenient. You can reach colonial and stop, you don't have to move up ages once you get there to do the story quests that give postmodern units, you'll just have to negotiate everything because the units will be far too strong to fight.

DeletedUser111589

Screenshot_20170911-002817.png

Do I have to have all 5 at the same time or can I just sell them right after paying build fees?

@Augustavian ahh. So its like that.

DeletedUser110195

Yes, you need to have all 5 at the same time, they don't need to all be built, just have the other three, one of each, building, and that counts. Then you sell them AFTER.....AFTER AFTER AFTER you finish that quest.

Quests where you need to have something, it has to be there, building or built, until you finish the quest, if you sell it before you finish, you lose the credit.

DeletedUser111589

Yes, you need to have all 5 at the same time, they don't need to all be built, just have the other three, one of each, building, and that counts. Then you sell them AFTER.....AFTER AFTER AFTER you finish that quest.

Quests where you need to have something, it has to be there, building or built, until you finish the quest, if you sell it before you finish, you lose the credit.

I get it. No need to repeat it so many times. Thank you for answering the question.

Amy Steele

General
Hi folks! This thread is now closed. Initial checks indicate that we have 1 winner this week. We will double check this and post further details shortly, so stay tuned!

DeletedUser110195

I get it. No need to repeat it so many times. Thank you for answering the question.
I just felt some extra emphasis on do-not-do-this was warranted :)

You've no idea how many times I screwed myself this way "Oh green bouncing check mark, I can sell this thing now" Quest NPC: NOPE! YOU FAIL! TRY AGAIN!

Amy Steele

General
Initial checks indicate that we have 1 winner this week.

We've double checked now, and that is indeed correct. Congratulations to The Learned One, who posted within 1 minute of the chosen time, which was:
#18.PNG

and wins:

1 full set of Blueprints of your choice
1 Premium Residential building of your age or below

We will be in touch soon via ticket to discuss your prize choices

Status
Not open for further replies.