• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #12 2017-07-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

@joesoap true but as there is no cost, and there is always the possibility of sleeping in or being hit by a bus etc, why not put in a defence because it doesn't cost you anything? #stilldontunderstand #askingforafriend :)

I too don't mind a few spear defences to let me get onto lower era point towers...

LadyHecate

Major-General
So I've just seen the avatars for this year's Fall Event and they look like Chicken and Orange farmers!

So I've made the big assumption that the event reward will be a production building that passively has a random chance each day of producing chickens and oranges, that respectively run around the wilderness or appear in the trees outside your city, for you to click and collect and be awarded the same prize as a common Instance!

LadyHecate

Major-General
Last year's Fall event was good with the random chance to plant apple trees in Friends/Guildies/Neighbours' cities when Aiding them. I'm sure Inno will do their best year to muck this year's event up like they've done with others!!!

DeletedUser110195

Like spring and summer I wasn't around for the fall event last year, so if they do screw it up I won't have seen how it was when, apparently, it wasn't screwed up, but if I can win SoKs and WWs it'll be fine as far as I'm concerned.

LadyHecate

Major-General
You had the (small) chance to win both when opening chests if it was the special prize for that day. Once you had won one you could then buy the building directly with your apples.

DeletedUser110195

By long range are you talking about artillery? I actually dislike using them, but I've reluctantly acknowledged their use in progressive era. I don't often lose ranged units....archers/muskets/rifles/snipers...but it gets really easy not to lose things in PE, because only rarely can anything hit you at your starting position.

DeletedUser110195

It surely does in PE, for ranged of the age(sniper)who steals the defense bonuses of light units from previous ages and makes them muuuuuch better(50 defense boost in forests), add that onto snipers having dug in for another 50 bonus and you can't kill a sniper at long range easily.

Side note: I've been promoted to 3 star general =D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

I think it is, when nothing, not even fast units(which have 26 movement and 6 range in PE), can attack any tile on the field from their starting position, it turns fighting into more strategy and less luck of the terrain draw.

Granted you WILL need to improve your attack bonuses when you enter this age, the bonuses at level 2 GE are the same as late end level 3 of InA

vikingraider

Emperor
Yikes! I normally only get about half way through level 3 fighting. I've got a level 9 CdM, 8 Zeus and 6 CoA plus other event buildings giving me 78/69. Do you think that's enough?

DeletedUser110195

That's better than I have, at 69/60, but I think you'll need to put more into it, all 3 at 10 should be enough to beat all of 3 handily.

There's also the tavern bonus, but you have to be sure not to take damage since that does nothing for your units defense. I didn't bother fighting 3 this time....2 kicked my backside for the first time since high middle. X_X

And just to highlight the massive difference in difficulty from fighting to negotiating....I finished ALL of 3 in less than 15 minutes, where 1 and 2 took 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.