• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

r21r

Major-General
Lady Marlena it is intended, but for which purposes could you please specify ?

before the increase on delay, i already had ~1+ seconds delay, so now in my case it balance out with those players who say that had ~0.5seconds delay.
in Battlegrounds means, i doubt that x1 Chateau 100lvl will find it hard to have "infinite" siege camps, as the amounts produced with delay are still huge, not to mention what x2 or x5 Chateaus can produce if in the same Era.

for me as a player who had played before the change, it feels annoying, and also slows me down when collecting my 2ndary worlds where i try do a couple quests when collecting my city, ok, it's not the end of the world but feels annoying.

if the purpose is to make the Chateau less popular to the average players, i think it is successfull, it wont prevent any kind of abuse though..

in this forum, we have suggested ideas on how to make Chateau more balanced, one of them i can recall is enable attrition increase on the costs for all quests, and i still think that this is very good as a base idea and fair for most.

i also understand that a new world might be opening soon, and some things must be balanced , so if this is a part of the case, please consider removing some stuff for a limited amount of time in that particular world, than changing the gameplay for all worlds as not every world is the same both to players and to company.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I think the problematic RQs especially the SAAB ones could have been slowed down by simply not rewarding the pts until the quest was completed. (Can't remember the SAM ones to comment on them). Or swapping out the 500 goods trade on law and goods to another timed production one.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I do not understand what the big hue and cry is about this so-called 'delay'. Unless there is increased delay times in later ages, it is basically nothing in Contemporary Age. I just had my first collection on a recurring daily, and it was maybe a half second delay to go to the next quest, and the next and on and on (and I had to cycle through a 2nd time as I accidently skipped the recurring I did want). One thing I did notice, is that the quest for contributing coins and supplies - the 2 quest boxes greyed out for maybe a quarter second, and then they were find. Truly, if nobody was mentioning anything about some so called delay issue, I would not have even noticed, would have just thought it was the wireless wifi.
So, is there a real delay, or are a bunch of people just finding something new to complain about? If there really is a significant delay in later ages, I might be in agreement, but if the delay is the same that I am experiencing now, then that is nothing, barely noticeable and would make me start laughing at some of the comments further above.

I agree that the new delay is just an irritation for me more than a game changer, but its intention was to stop RQ abuse and quite clearly it won't do that - so why inconvenience the majority of players for no benefit.

Last edited:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
NEVER, i hope, what a pile of utter rubbish it was last time around so much so players quit playing it in there droves
A few tweaks here and there and it could be a good addition, plenty of flaws in the game but PvP is something that interests me, sorry your feeling otherwise

Knight of ICE

If you thought it was not in the update, why were people complaining about it.
The players knew it was in the update
Your initial response was offensive by telling us we were not to discuss it. Especially considering that it has upset a lot of players

It was in the beta update. That is no guarantee it will be in the update on the live servers. Complaining about updates on beta you do on beta. I never said you could not discuss it here. There was a discussion on it in the spoilers section, where it belonged at the time. I kindly asked to stay on topic. That's it. If that is offensive to you, so be it.

Unklelol

Private
I don't do beta, but followed the thread about when it arrived on live servers
people were discussing the update in the update thread as it had arrived on live servers and so it was on topic

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The delay in quests is making it take longer to do normal functions like collect city and cycle through the recurring quests, even just to set it up for the next day's collection, as everyone with a brain has done since the beginning of the game, with or without a Chateau - the endless clicking is a quality of life issue, and click and wait is the worst.

Specifically a quest to Complete a Negotiation was added in SAAB, I assume as a stop-gap measure for the 3 days off of GBG and 1 day off in GE where there would be nothing readily available to negotiate for players to use their Space Carrier charges? That's how I have used it anyway. Trying to repeat this to clear Space Carrier collection is now a royal pain in the butt with delay. Thanks... if your aim is to lose players this "update" goes a long way toward achieving the goal.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Oh wow I just tested it on PC, I'm not even someone who does hardcore questing and its noticeable. Surely all this will do is get people to submit bug reports, make people leave, wonder why the games unresponsive, or like come here to find out only to realise its actually an intended feature to make the game objectively worse for literarily everyone.

Specifically a quest to Complete a Negotiation was added in SAAB, I assume as a stop-gap measure for the 3 days off of GBG and 1 day off in GE where there would be nothing readily available to negotiate for players to use their Space Carrier charges? That's how I have used it anyway. Trying to repeat this to clear Space Carrier collection is now a royal pain in the butt with delay. Thanks... if your aim is to lose players this "update" goes a long way toward achieving the goal.
I mostly use the colony exploration sites for negotiations when GBG and GE are off.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I mostly use the colony exploration sites for negotiations when GBG and GE are off.

Yes. that's an option, but so should the quests be and I'm sure that's another "normal" use that no one considered before messing with repeatable quests. There are plenty of legitimate uses for recurring quests or as I posted before, if it shouldn't be a game feature, get rid of them!

Right now they are saying, well you can use the quests... if you're willing to click and wait. it's arbitrary.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Scroll bars have been reported . Townhall crashing has been reported. Yes, the delay in recurring quests is intended. I'm well aware that is not popular so please keep providing feedback as it will all be forwarded.

Not popular? I would think that would be an understatement, its a "feature" not officially announced to prevent an exploit that the game devs created via being able to spam a quest with third party programs or auto clickers. Instead of just, I don't know, simply removing the abusable quests in the age only end game players are in?

Why does Bronze age need a longer delay? Iron age? EMA? Because of something happening in SAAB? All this causes is more people to exploit, as the only way to play the game now is to not play it and have the machine play it for you due to the game actually being unresponsive. Its noticeable to people who hardly even do RQ. Even in this thread there is already some posts from new posters who just posted here to complain about the games unresponsiveness.

Every time we have a new complaint now, its a meme, all bugs are intended features, the game being slow is intended.

Incidents no longer working - click one - it just disappears - no reward

Intended feature, there is now an intended delay that was stealth applied to incidents to intend to make the game slower, intended.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Something to note, I recorded the delay and noticed something, if you abort 2 quests fast enough, the second quest skips the added delay

PomPoms

Sergeant
A question I saw earlier (in one of the many threads on this topic) that I don’t think has been answered, is will they add this delay to mobile devices? Devices (I think) cannot use bots, scripts or Autoclickers, can they? So if they cannot, this delay would be pointless on mobile, leaving a loophole of sorts to at least do Daily Collection on mobile. Which I would do as this is the main time I loop quests.