• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Behelzebhu

Private
Dont think was meant to stop them.

Just to avoid those playing legally to be a little higher

Game will be made for just millionaires (that dont need recurrents) and Cheaters (which Inno dont do anything about) , all the rest of millions of us can go play something else now

Behelzebhu

Private
oh yeah, the Zoom in after setting productions in Browser version, another complete Annoying thing

But i find the delay way way way worse, as it kills gameplay of many.
setting a complete city to use a CF requires a lot, including what other things to build and level. Not OK my entire citys are worthless now

Zzzzzzz...

Private
Whoever came up with that "genius" idea of introducing that delay on recurring quests should be sacked, as it renders the game more or less unpayable without resorting to cheats. Are you telling us that you'll pack up, and the last player left should turn off the lights?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
This slow quest abort is like the whole class losing recess for a few abusers - the problem was putting recurring fights in the SAAB loops for auto-clickers to exploit - not make the game slow for everyone doing any quest. Auto clickers can be programmed with a delay, so you'll slow them down to 200 fights per day instead of 400 maybe or whatever they were doing. There's people on my server who've jumped over a billion points since SAAB came out, and it's not JUST from the GBG free attrition exploits, which I've also pleaded to fix.

Meanwhile everyone who wasn't cheating suffers. It already takes too long in the upper ages to abort quests because there is 10-12 of them to sort through instead of 5-6 like in lower ages, now it will be impossibly frustrating to do any of it.

Everything in the game is turning into a farming exercise instead of any strategy :(. Maybe stop releasing farm-oriented abusive features like unlimited fights in recurring quests (and GBG) instead of just making the whole game slow. You're slowing down the abuse, not stopping it.

P.S. as a side note, not that I or anyone cares about my personal rank, I'm not an inactive player but I don't spend hours click farming or using scripts to do it for me, and my rank is just going steadily down down down because of all the abuse of free fights. Putting in 'speed bumps' isn't stopping the bad game features. Any number of things could be done like put an upper cap like 20 on number of same recurring quests per day, or cap the number of times you can do the same recurring quests to 50 in a week, whatever any number of things could be done to let normal use continue and stop the BS farming.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
why does it feel like thet server is on it's knees? whats going on with recurring quests? every 3rd abort the quest animation freezes, and the quests become unresponsive, are they really gonna completly kill a style of game that revolves around CF and recurring quests?

Well yes, as they did not announce the change so it was a stealth nerf, the CF has been stealth nerfed into the ground. What it requires us to do is all of us need to start using autoclickers because inno wants us all to exploit the system and abuse the system as much as possible, otherwise why would they push an update only a moron would want?

People will and are quitting over this. They know people will quit over this yet they still pushed the update under the rug to reduce negative feedback.

If you have to update your game with stuff you don't want the playerbase to know about because you know people will hate it, why would you update it like that? It makes no sense.

Stevie Nix

Private
The recurring quest delay has a profound effect on the playability and fun of the game for me. I've spent over three years developing a strategy as a F2P player (yes my voice counts for nothing), and I'm slowly working my way up through OF to VF to start building HC and TA for my guild. I only run the recurring loop on my daily collections and it was already borderline onerous to squeeze in half an hour a day just to do my daily collections, but it was worth it to continue building and supporting the guild. This also accounts for a significant percentage of my goods income with a 60CF. So either I:
  • resign myself to an extra 30-45 minutes of play per day to get the same output (not actually an option);
  • or give up on getting those goods and don't loop recurring (I have to cut back on playing GE and GBG, supporting my guild with high-era resources for building GB);
  • completely redesign my city and play style after finding a fun way to keep playing the game long term;
  • or just stop playing.
I'm currently waffling between cutting back on guild support activities affecting the entire guild, or quitting playing.

If this is to stop cheaters exploiting recurring quests for infinite income as some people have mentioned, this doesn't seem like the best way to go about doing it. Those apps will either be pre-programed to deal with a random delay due to the nature of the internet, or will rapidly be adapted to deal with this delay so those players will be unaffected other than their infinite income will be a slightly smaller infinity. This change does however greatly affect the experience of this long term player and, by extension, my entire guild.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I do not understand what the big hue and cry is about this so-called 'delay'. Unless there is increased delay times in later ages, it is basically nothing in Contemporary Age. I just had my first collection on a recurring daily, and it was maybe a half second delay to go to the next quest, and the next and on and on (and I had to cycle through a 2nd time as I accidently skipped the recurring I did want). One thing I did notice, is that the quest for contributing coins and supplies - the 2 quest boxes greyed out for maybe a quarter second, and then they were find. Truly, if nobody was mentioning anything about some so called delay issue, I would not have even noticed, would have just thought it was the wireless wifi.
So, is there a real delay, or are a bunch of people just finding something new to complain about? If there really is a significant delay in later ages, I might be in agreement, but if the delay is the same that I am experiencing now, then that is nothing, barely noticeable and would make me start laughing at some of the comments further above.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I do not understand what the big hue and cry is about this so-called 'delay'. Unless there is increased delay times in later ages, it is basically nothing in Contemporary Age. I just had my first collection on a recurring daily, and it was maybe a half second delay to go to the next quest, and the next and on and on (and I had to cycle through a 2nd time as I accidently skipped the recurring I did want). One thing I did notice, is that the quest for contributing coins and supplies - the 2 quest boxes greyed out for maybe a quarter second, and then they were find. Truly, if nobody was mentioning anything about some so called delay issue, I would not have even noticed, would have just thought it was the wireless wifi.
So, is there a real delay, or are a bunch of people just finding something new to complain about? If there really is a significant delay in later ages, I might be in agreement, but if the delay is the same that I am experiencing now, then that is nothing, barely noticeable and would make me start laughing at some of the comments further above.
I don't know if you have tested it on PC or phone, as it hasn't hit the phone users yet.

The delay is about 2 seconds and it's clearly noticeable and highly disruptive

Madmire

Private
The delay is about 2 seconds and it's clearly noticeable and highly disruptive

I would put it at no more than an additional half second, just a smidge of a delay, enough to make you notice, and wonder why the game is so slow in responding to your command. Its truly bad design if done intentionally, as it makes you think the program is badly written. Certainly if there had been this much delay in response when I started playing two years ago, I would have dropped the game.

Last edited: