• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer Event 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser97883

*Points up* Mk up there would be the player I was referring to. Ask him.

DeletedUser14664

12 days left: finished the summer quests, got 625 diamonds and have a quest for extra ticket :)

at least this year, the diamonds are guaranteed win. last year i was yelling at my laptop whenever i missed the diamonds :D

DeletedUser100832

Plunder the neighbors that keep refreshing that wheel. ;)
On a more serious note though I agree that it's super annoying when you are spinning the wheel and get a different prize.

I've seen wheels with atleast 3 really good prizes and still people (accidentely or not) refresh the wheel for no reason.

but if it's accidental, how come terrible wheels stay unrefreshed for hours?

DeletedUser5180

well this event i decided i wanted a rogue hideout, i had 2 previously and when stottin' i thought they were trees and deleted then.....after contacting support and blaming the cat for sitting on the lappy and carrying out the act of deleting my rogues i was advised by support that the cat should be banned for playing someone elses account..!!

if i wasn't so upset about my rogues i'd have laughed so much but anyways the rogues were gone forever........anyways the rogue hideout appeared tonite, i spun 5 wheels and won 3 hideouts....HAPPY DAYS and the cats gonna get an extra treat later :)

MEOW

DeletedUser

How come someone has already finished it? I am now on my third 'slow down' quest - having just completed 9 ...

Easy enough to get through mind and plenty of time to finish it but just wished I knew when they were coming up! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100341

How come someone has already finished it? I am now on my third 'slow down' quest - having just completed 9 ...

Easy enough to get through mind and plenty of time to finish it but just wished I knew when they were coming up! :)

You can buy your way through a 24 hr production or 24 hr scouting with diamonds. Not the way I would do it.

DeletedUser5180

You can buy your way through a 24 hr production or 24 hr scouting with diamonds. Not the way I would do it.

i guess you could pay your way through the quests and complete in a day easily

does anyone know the quickest it can be done.?

DeletedUser4879

Fully agree! Don't understand why players would waste Diamonds on that Misery Quest?
Already learned that on the Beta Server! Been ignoring it there for a long time!!:eek:

DeletedUser7719

i guess you could pay your way through the quests and complete in a day easily

does anyone know the quickest it can be done.?
I've finished the second day of the event (I would say 24-30 hours into the event). Probably could of been done on the first day if I replaced my Junkyards with anything supply building smaller lol

DeletedUser5180

I've finished the second day of the event (I would say 24-30 hours into the event). Probably could of been done on the first day if I replaced my Junkyards with anything supply building smaller lol

and did you win anything you wanted mate.?

what i'd like to see (and this is off topic, sorry) is the gift feature in our invenroties enabled. That way all the items won that say, PME players find inimportant could be given to lower ranked players in their guild who would find space and appreciate them. Guilds could even have their own competitions etc and offer these items as prizes etc

Andrew420

Major
12 days left: finished the summer quests, got 625 diamonds and have a quest for extra ticket :)

at least this year, the diamonds are guaranteed win. last year i was yelling at my laptop whenever i missed the diamonds :D

How many quests are there ?
How many tickets did you get ?

DeletedUser7719

Probably can put a spoiler here:
There are 23 quests, 15 regular ones that gives 2 tickets each, and 8 bonus tickets/quests which add up to 38 of them (plus the one everyone has in the beginning), so that's 39 tickets.

DeletedUser5399

Geez, this has got to be the LAMEST Event ever! Every other quest is a 4 24-hour Production & spend 20 Forge Points. Is this the way the programmers plan to slow us down by boring us to death?
There is only one prize I want and I have to wade through all this garbage so hopefully it might appear on the Wheel. Ugh! This may be my last FoE event. The Soccer one was bad enough, now this is totally LAME!

DeletedUser15432

Well, in answer to Akbhoy67's question on page 9

I only count premium buildings as useful and only keep a record of all the premium buildings that I hold and have active and so far I have received the following: -

2 rogue hideouts on East Nagach (my first ever after 17 months of playing)
An Oasis and a beech bar on Arvahall (third spin of the wheel for the oasis)
A premium house on Cirgard
A straw hut, 3 boab trees and a victory tower on Jaims
A boab tree on Brisgard
A deli, 2 watch fires and a beech bar on Fel Dranghyr
A deli on Dinegu
A travelling circus on Griefental
Nothing noteworthy on Houndsmoor

Total number of diamond prizes active to date 228

DeletedUser97048

Anyone knows whether the Oasis will produce current age goods as we progress through the ages? Or will it produce only present age goods and requires Reno Kit to upgrade?
Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser5514

Dont judge something by its cover... wheels that seem good to give a try (half way done), might end up to be lowsy ones. Tryed my luck today, with 9 tickets, in such a wheel, and only got garbage (supplies 6 times, a rogue hideout that i dont need, military units). Cant complaint much since i did get 2 shrines on a harder wheel yesterday, but still senseless.

DeletedUser15432

Oasis in progressive gives progressive age goods but not sure about later as still a month or more away from Modern on that world

DeletedUser96901

Anyone knows whether the Oasis will produce current age goods as we progress through the ages? Or will it produce only present age goods and requires Reno Kit to upgrade?
Thanks in advance.
simple rule when winning prizes (when looking on wheel or in inventory: not when already build)
if it says "All Ages" then it grows with your age
if it says "age x" it will stay in that age

Oasis say "age x" so it stays in that age
better you collect some Reno Kits :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I've noticed that on some of the cultural/production building prizes on the wheel, they still display their gold/supply costs to build - does this mean you would still have to pay those costs to place them in your city if you win them as a prize? Previously when i've won things, they haven't cost anything to place, but then they had their costs displaying as zero.
Sorry if this is confusing!!

DeletedUser1081

No, you don't have to pay the construction costs - they wouldn't be prizes if you did!
(But it sure says a lot about what we've gone through with this game that one has to ask :p)