• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer Event 2014 Discussion Thread

Amy Steele

General
maybe it is only me, but I already have too many items, still have the large confectionary, fan shops, a zeppelin and a bunch of graveyards in inventory: most rewards are likely to end in inventory for a long time....

You're not the only one alwinal - I don't like deleting my special buildings and as I don't pvp, so have few expansions, both my city and my inventory are gradually being taken over by rewards from special events :D As problems go it's a nice one to have though, and I'm still looking forward to the Summer Event and hoping for some of those special buildings, though what I really need is some more expansions so I can place them all :D

DeletedUser15432

Well, I did a count up of premium buildings, decorations etc after the end of the soccer event and I have a total of 105 all placed in various cities - the most is 21 in a single city
However, it would be useful to know the sizes of the new buildings as well as the fact that they are available for a possible win, I remember last years summer event - was only running 3 cities then and on one single day managed to get three confectioneries in a single city

DeletedUser101925

Thank you Inno for granting me a Rogue Hideout on my first spin. This is very useful to me. :D

Edit: After my incredibly lucky spin some neighbors are using diamonds for tickets and are only winning small coin/supply packages. Poor suckers. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

The wheel loads really slowly - I can only see two or three items in the first 30 seconds or so, and only one of the tooltips works. Closing/reopening doesn't help. Cache has been cleared very recently, so that's not it; and even if refreshing helps that's not how it's supposed to work, is it.

This problem was reported on beta ...

DeletedUser15432

Wheel sometimes comes up completely blank, you spin and still blank and no stop icon, when you refresh, you do not know what prizes you have received, HA is not on in any of my cities and it has done it in different cities

DeletedUser97349

The endlessly spinning wheel has been confirmed and passed on to be fixed. This causes the the prize notification not to appear, however your prize is added. If you cannot see what it was please contact us and we will be able to advise.

DeletedUser7719

I personally would advise keeping HA off when you want to view/spin the wheel. Some players (including me) will experience the same problems as described above.

DeletedUser98465

Edit: After my incredibly lucky spin some neighbors are using diamonds for tickets and are only winning small coin/supply packages. Poor suckers. :(

IMHO, its a bit of a cheek to ask for 100 Diamonds for a single ticket, 8, 10 or even 20 would have been fairer considering previous events/requirements. All this means is I won't be spending any to get tickets, where as I may have actually considered it if the cost was more amenable. It's the line between people wanting to spend money and not, and in this instance i think many will not and just smacks of greed.

DeletedUser101925

I've bought a few tickets and spun the wheel a couple of times in the hopes getting that champions retreat and then that 1 neighbor comes along who decided to refresh the wheel.. good times, good times indeed. Oh well. Still better then the soccer event where the prize you yourself raised gets hijacked in front of your eyes i suppose. :rolleyes:

Edit: (For those whom are confused about ticket prices)
Prices of tickets are:
100 diamonds each = when buying single tickets.
90 diamonds each = when you buy a 5 pack of tickets.
82.5 diamonds each = when you buy a 20 pack of tickets.

Wether this should be considered expensive or not idk.. it depends on how much you personally are willing to spend on these kind of games. From the looks of things though you'll definitely win more prizes this event wether you will buy tickets or not.

DeletedUser7719

IMHO, its a bit of a cheek to ask for 100 Diamonds for a single ticket, 8, 10 or even 20 would have been fairer considering previous events/requirements. All this means is I won't be spending any to get tickets, where as I may have actually considered it if the cost was more amenable. It's the line between people wanting to spend money and not, and in this instance i think many will not and just smacks of greed.
lol, it costed 120 last year. Plus, considering the previous events values:
The Wishing well was worth 6250 cups in the last event, and if I remember correctly, the price for cups was 200 diamonds for 500 cups, that values the Wishing Well at 2500 diamonds. Since there are 9 prizes on the wheel that you can win up to four times, you can gain 4 wishing wells for the price of 3600 diamonds or 900 diamonds a piece when it shows up. Even though most other prizes are may not be worth it (for diamonds), I would consider buying some tickets for diamonds mattering what is on the wheel at the given time.

DeletedUser99984

The spinning wheel is empty, by chance I spin it then nothing happen. I lost the ticket ....

DeletedUser98465

lol, it costed 120 last year. Plus, considering the previous events values:
The Wishing well was worth 6250 cups in the last event, and if I remember correctly, the price for cups was 200 diamonds for 500 cups, that values the Wishing Well at 2500 diamonds. Since there are 9 prizes on the wheel that you can win up to four times, you can gain 4 wishing wells for the price of 3600 diamonds or 900 diamonds a piece when it shows up. Even though most other prizes are may not be worth it (for diamonds), I would consider buying some tickets for diamonds mattering what is on the wheel at the given time.

I guess 200 diamonds for 500 cups as an example feels like more. I mean at least with 500 cups you could get something (or a few of) of value i.e. watchtowers.

That said, It really needs to to be likened to shots, or hide actions. I think it was 8 diamonds for one hide action wasn't it? So in comparison it's not even close.

DeletedUser97349

The spinning wheel is empty, by chance I spin it then nothing happen. I lost the ticket ....

This is likely to be a display glitch, please submit a ticket and we will be able to confirm if you received a prize. Please also include as much detail about the incident as possible. Thank you :)

DeletedUser7719

I guess 200 diamonds for 500 cups as an example feels like more. I mean at least with 500 cups you could get something (or a few of) of value i.e. watchtowers.

That said, It really needs to to be likened to shots, or hide actions. I think it was 8 diamonds for one hide action wasn't it? So in comparison it's not even close.
Yes (somewhere around that number), but a hiding action only gave you maybe 1 egg (actually probably higher than that for average payback, so maybe 5 or 7?) which is not greater than any of the prizes that was on the Easter Trade-In, and I can say the same for shot actions for the soccer event (which averaged around 10-20 cups per shot)

DeletedUser12063

The wheel landed on a Queen, but gave me a palm tree. The palm tree wasn't even on the wheel. Is this a glitch?

DeletedUser7719

My guess would be that someone refreshed the wheel right before you clicked on the spin button, but it didn't get enough time in between to update on your screen.