• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer Event 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser99445

I totalled 1,650 diamonds across 5 worlds. Picked up two Shrines in Dinegu and some bits and pieces.
Impressed with the Diamonds but not much else.
Thumbs down from me in comparison to previous events which I always found very productive. Guess my luck completely ran out on this one. Just relieved it's finally over.

DeletedUser102246

Frustrating Event

Not a big fan of this event. After a few good results early on I saw a lot of lousy wheels. Almost all my prizes were avatars I didn't want and coins or supplies I didn't need.

The most irritating aspect, however, were the blasted "24-hour delay" quests. While I can understand why they want these in the mix it makes no sense to start throwing them in so early. I have never come anywhere near finishing an event quest line and I think it's absurd to add delays before players reach the halfway point. This time around I got delayed within the first 3 quests! Quests such as conquering an entire province, scouting a province, or researching a specific kind of tech often create delays of several days all by themselves.

As for avatars, a prize that would allow you to select one from a set of offerings would be cool. "Winning" a duplicate of an avatar that you didn't want in the first place is just abusive.

DeletedUser99588

I must admit I didn't spend much time on it but still managed to complete the event on 4 out of 5 of my cities. The one I didn't complete was due to not being able to infiltrate enough sectors in time before the end due to scouting times. That was down to me not putting the effort/time into it though and if I had bothered to do some of the other quests earlier I would have completed it easily.

As far as prizes go the random nature of it is always going to be frustrating but as with most of these events there are tactics to help aid you get something you want. In one of my cities I managed to win 4 rogue camps and another I got 4 wishing wells. Both of which I had targeted. In fact it was my main city that I was least successful in and even then came out with useful stuff. All in all I found the event good because it didn't require lots of effort and was perfect for the summer holiday period where you may log in less.

The event I liked the least was Easter which just wasn't enjoyable for me and in fact I found it a little stressful trying to figure out who I owed eggs. Even so I won lots of free stuff and I think others enjoyed it so you just can't please all of the players all of the time.

DeletedUser104631

This isn't sour grapes by any stretch - any event is a good event - but I personally found the difference between the World Cup event and this event quite marked. I'm not in a guild and the local economy is a bit jaded in my neighbourhood, so I found some of the tasks put the hand-brake on my progression very early in, and I spent maybe 3 days at one point not getting very far at all. I certainly didn't finish.

The World Cup event at least allowed steady progress (or at least the illusion thereof :)) where you gained footballs each day automatically, and I felt like I was participating fully, even if some days I didn't really win anything. It might have been good to get a ticket on the wheel, for free, every day or every second day, so that people who were struggling to complete their tasks at least had some incentive to push on.

Having said that I still won a couple of things that I was pleased with, so am generally grateful for the event.

DeletedUser104642

Cool Event

As I only caught the end of the football quests I was happy to participate in the summer quests and win some interesting buildings and military units along with loads of coins and supplies, I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next event.
:cool:

DeletedUser653

In the football event you had more choice, but in the summer event the prizes were just so much better (bar the first 3 days in football getting medals!).

I think it was the best event to date, of my 8 worlds all got something bar one which really had bad luck, but overall it was good.

well done Inno ;)