• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer Event 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser5180

Is there going to be a diamond sale during this event or did I blink and miss it?

i expect there will be a 'special offer in the next 2-3 days where some tickets will be offered free with diamond purchases. these offers always last for 24 hrs so most active players won't miss it

DeletedUser100832

I don't understand this... every time there's a good prize on, like a RH or SoK, someone refreshes the wheel immediately.

And yet terrible wheels can stay unrefreshed for hours.

DeletedUser100341

The only objection I have to the summer event is some of the quest line items will take days to complete. For example, the quest says research a technology. For my age that's 50+ FPs or 2 days worth. And no I don't want to buy FPs either with coins or diamonds.

So what did I do? I spent some forge packages I had in inventory to complete research and what do I get, a slow down quest. It says "Spend 20 Forge Points and Finish 24 hour production 4 times in a production building." I sure hope it doesn't mean the same building. That would be 4 days to complete.

DeletedUser

These slow down quests are the dumbest thing. Not only does it freeze you out of the contest, it freezes you out of doing anything besides collect coins because all your production is tied up for 24 hours.

What is the rational for this exactly? Why can't people go through this and have these dumb freeze outs after they've done all the quests?

DeletedUser15432

Question, last year and most quests, of this type we have had one free ticket or equivalent per game day, is that supposed to be happening in this event as there do not seem to be any

DeletedUser98465

I don't understand this... every time there's a good prize on, like a RH or SoK, someone refreshes the wheel immediately.

Some people will have different agenda's, some people simply don't understand the game. I'm leaning more towards the latter with most. I've seen it several times now when some of the top end prizes are on the wheel (wishing well etc). Why would I want my rewards influenced by some muppet that clicks refresh for no reason....especially considering a ticket or two is taking days to achieve.

DeletedUser2989

So what did I do? I spent some forge packages I had in inventory to complete research and what do I get, a slow down quest. It says "Spend 20 Forge Points and Finish 24 hour production 4 times in a production building." I sure hope it doesn't mean the same building. That would be 4 days to complete.

The productions can come from any building and will still count, you can have 4 different buildings and if each of them is doing a 24-hour production then it will count. If I'm not mistaken you might also be able to have 4 buildings set aside with completed 24-hour productions, collecting them after you have accepted the quest should count.

Question, last year and most quests, of this type we have had one free ticket or equivalent per game day, is that supposed to be happening in this event as there do not seem to be any

This event doesn't give out tickets per day. You may only get them from the quests or from the wheel.

DeletedUser101925

Plunder the neighbors that keep refreshing that wheel. ;)
On a more serious note though I agree that it's super annoying when you are spinning the wheel and get a different prize.

I've seen wheels with atleast 3 really good prizes and still people (accidentely or not) refresh the wheel for no reason.

DeletedUser

Question: in the mission "In a supply building, complete a production cycle 5 times and polish or motivate 15 buildings" can the productions come from different buildings or I have to collect them from the same one?

DeletedUser7719

Question: in the mission "In a supply building, complete a production cycle 5 times and polish or motivate 15 buildings" can the productions come from different buildings or I have to collect them from the same one?
They can be different ones :)

DeletedUser

as with all the "slow down" quests, it can be from different buildings. I am on the same one and collected 2 24-hour productions at the same time and both counted towards my five.

Can anyone come up with an explanation of how these 'complete 4 24-hour productions' are meant to target the "fast spinners" when everyone gets the quests at the same point in the quest list?

DeletedUser7719

I don't think I ever saw "fast spinners". According to the announcement:
If you're advancing very quickly through the questline there are also a few bonus quests which you might activate, which are more difficult and will provide a slightly bigger challenge, for a chance at an extra ticket.

DeletedUser15432

However, the announcement does not actually correspond with the facts as every one seems to be getting the extra quests no matter how fast or slow they are proceeding through the quest line for this event

DeletedUser7719

Well it matters how you define "fast" ;) I'm pretty sure someone who shows up at the last day of the event will get none of the bonus quests

DeletedUser97883

And here I thought new quests were activated daily, and I could avoid the extra quests by waiting for that. Wasted 10 or so hours wating for someone to confirm that the next quests were available, only to find that I have to do the 24h quest anyway. I hope there will be some extra time at the end of the quest line, it would suck if I miss out on the diamonds because of this.

Also, someone in my guild is stuck in the same place in the questline, just got another 24h quest (I got the impression that it was not the first one he had got at this point in the questline), while someone else has already done the next 2 or 3 quests. How is that possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100341

Does anyone know how many quest steps there are? I've completed #4 research a technology which took me 2 days. Immediately after that I got the 24 hr production. I've heard mention of a scout a province which will take me about 1-1/2 days. I fear I won't be able to complete the quest since each steps takes more than a day.

DeletedUser6065

The productions can come from any building and will still count, you can have 4 different buildings and if each of them is doing a 24-hour production then it will count. If I'm not mistaken you might also be able to have 4 buildings set aside with completed 24-hour productions, collecting them after you have accepted the quest should count.
Yes, they do count. That is one thing that people will learn about these events. There are always the 'usual suspect' quests that you can prepare for ahead of time.
1. Set at least 2 techs where they can immediately be opened. Have all FP's and Goods necessary placed, just leave them on the blue $.
2. Set your continent map so that you have at least 1 negotiate sector open and ready to complete. Again have your goods necessary.
3. Try to set a province so you can easily jump to a 'scout' quest if necessary. Do you need goods for negotiate, or armies to conquer? Get them ready before.
3. Provinces should have at least 3 sectors that can be infiltrated.
4. Set at least 5, 24 hour productions and try to leave them uncollected (need to pay attention here). Collect immediately when the quest appears.
5. Set an 8 hour and a 24 hour production, and leave them uncollected, as above.
6. Take care w/polish and motivate. Leave at least 20 people open at all times, or you may find yourself waiting 24 hrs. to visit.
7. Try to recruit at least 3 current units and 4 previous units and leave them uncollected.
Again, these are things that you learn after participating in 2 or 3 events. The next event should take place at Halloween, so plan ahead for the 'usual suspects'. (Oh yes, FYI, in past events, the production had to be all of the same type building. eg; all from blacksmiths, or all from alchemists or all from goat farms etc. Now that was a real pain. Also, there was no options for using previous age building/units etc. for quest completion. If you just entered into an age, you were pretty much screwed as far as climbing the tech tree to get to what you needed - both in FP's and goods production).
. . . mk

DeletedUser7719

I thought I also add that now we can motivate and/or polish 20 people rather than motivate 20 or polish 20 for those types of quests ;)

Also, someone in my guild is stuck in the same place in the questline, just got another 24h quest (I got the impression that it was not the first one he had got at this point in the questline), while someone else has already done the next 2 or 3 quests. How is that possible?
Are you saying that the player did not get the quest? My 1-days happened to be ready at the start of the event, so I finished 20/23 of the quests on the first day (after spending a few FP packs ;))

Last edited by a moderator: