• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Naming Your Ship (Summer Event 2018)

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks! Aren't we straying a little off topic here? ;)
There are other threads better suited to general discussions about the event, and let me remind you once more there is no place on this forum where insults directed towards other players are permitted.

Please remember to stay on topic, polite and respectful, thank you. I will see if I can find the thread to which @Thomas Covenent refers in his post above

Andrew420

Major
I am building the pirate ship
The name I choose is "Black Moclips"
Well that's not the way it worked out for me and the 28 Sunken Treasures in these 2 worlds proved it that I could determine the output of the wheel,
How are any of us supposed to take anything you say seriously when you make incorrect statements like this and say they are true
I figured it out about 4 years ago as soon as I clicked spin the wheel and the green check mark appeared (before wheel stopped)next to a quest that asked for supplies
Take a guess what prize I won here's a hint (SUPPLY PACKAGE)
You aren't the first to claim that they can determine when the wheel stops and you wont be the last
The one thing you all have in common is that you are all WRONG

Galladhorn

Monarch
In Arvahall I use cfpedro and I'm listed @ 332, you are listed 253. Open your Global Ranking and go 8 pages backwards and you will see me.
16 Sunken treasures are equivalent to 8 Terrace Farms each taking a ginormous 5 x 6 = 30 blocks, the Sunken treasure only takes 6 so 6 x 2 = 12 blocks compared to 30 blocks, huge space saving, also being small can be placed much easily any where :)
No diamonds just a good technique on the wheel :)
Missed a least 5 more treasures when the wheel goes bonkers and spins backwards half way thru' a spin :(
I do 3 x 8 hour goods collections per day so ( just for the Sunken Treasures ) I collect 240 Virtual Future goods, fantastic, my stocks are increasing nicely rapidly :)
Got 12 in Houndsmoor :)
PS. Sent you a Friend Invite :)

Thanks, Freind request accepted :)
Yupyour sunken Treasures is saving a huge amount of production space, even for other special buildings... that is quite a win!
You got to pass the Treasure Wheel Thecnique one day ;)

DeletedUser112892

Well that's not the way it worked out for me and the 28 Sunken Treasures in these 2 worlds proved it that I could determine the output of the wheel, which I did in most cases when the wheel span forward at a constant fast speed. When it went bonkers then the output was out of my control and it was random.
I won 5 SoKs, 1 Sunken Treasure, 5 Royal Selection Kits, 3 Pirate Selection kits, 1 Trader Selection kit and 2 Reno kits while I didn't use any technique. So yes, it is completely random. But let's get back on topic and keep this for another thread.

DeletedUser114563

Hi Galladhorn
Shell do so :)
It's super easy and I've used it on every past quest where there is a spinning wheel and it works well every time :)
Thank you for accepting me as a friend :)

DeletedUser114563

Well Andrew, a liar is one thing I've never been and all my life I fought liars who who won't admit they are liars.
I don't make things up, I don't need too.
I don't need you for anything, my life has been fine so far without you or your negative comments either.
So you and all the others who are always contradicting me must just ***** off !! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112892

Well Andrew, a liar is one thing I've never been and all my life I fought liars who who won't admit they are liars.
I don't make things up, I don't need too.
I don't need you for anything, my life has been fine so far without you or your negative comments either.
So you and all the others who are always contradicting me must just ***** off !! :(
First, swearing is prohibited on these forums.
Second, nobody is making negative comments, we are just saying that wheel cannot be manipulated and that prizes are fixed at the moment you start spinning the wheel, so stopping the wheel only reduces waiting time for wheel to stop. Basically, it is all luck factor only.
Don't live in an illusion that Inno would really let you abuse the wheel.
I won 17 golden prizes without even stopping the wheel manually.
Now, keep on the topic, it is better that new thread specifically about the wheel is made.

DeletedUser114563

The prizes are not fixed at the moment you start spinning the wheel, the stopping the wheel at the correct time will get your prize every time.
How many times do I have to repeat myself before it sinks thru'.

DeletedUser114563

You not abusing the wheel but simply playing the game the way it's designed to run and not the way you think it runs.
Your thinking is irrelevant so stop going on and on :(

DeletedUser114563

This game is designed by a German company and the Germans are down to earth honest people, they would never create something phoney ( not genuine, fraudulent ), a spinning wheel that doesn't work, that would be, I would guess, against their moral beliefs.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Weirdly enough in the process of placing the Ship on a nice location I was also trying out the leftovers from the earlier Venetian campaign, the Grand Bidge and the Gondola Dock Market. The Grand Bidge design certainly did not work with the Pirate Ship and I did not have the space for the Gondola Market close to the ship, also the Market is going back in the inventory soon.

I have kept a farily large amount of screenshots from my City history – Over a long period I kept the Sandcastle at one specific placement, since that was the only placement where a building actually connected well with the terrain. Then the expansion layout was changed and this is no longer an option.

I wish that in the future there would be better options for this kind of connection to the map envrionment. Naturally it is not a priority since the game holds no bonuses for city design, neither connection to the envrionment.

Anyways here is an old pale part of the city screenshot with the Sandcastle connecting to the map beach.

sandcastelonthebech.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser112892

I think the TRADER is better than the ROYAL because it has supply boost instead of the coin boost & double the goods...
Depends on views. For example, I chose Royal Ship because of it's fantastic FPs/tile efficiency. Coin bonus from it is also handy.

Amy Steele

General
I like how "Sunken Treasure" fits next to the ship perfectly...
I love that too! Here's my Houndsmoor Ship and Sunken Treasure :)
Screenshot_20180824-051343_Forge of Empires.jpg

I plan to put ships 2 and 3 'line astern' so it looks like they're sailing past my Deal Castle :)
Just need a feeew more expansions!

Still haven't settled on a name for my Royal Ship yet

Emberguard

Legend
Houndsmoor got real lucky. 2 lvl 7's EXACT. No leftovers including on the map
map.jpg

Meanwhile on Noarsil I open the wheel and there's a sunken treasure... no doubloons and I'd have to buy diamonds. Why'd I open it!

DeletedUser114563

Emberguard, what Era are you in?
I see some items on the wheel I don't recognise any more.