• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Naming Your Ship (Summer Event 2018)

DeletedUser112745

Some names I’ve heard others calling theirs:
  • Neptune’s Ghost (Royal)
  • Dave (Trader)
  • Kraken’s Wife (Pirate)
  • HMS Victory (Royal)
  • The Widowmaker (Pirate)
  • The Plunderer (Pirate)
  • HMS Unicorn (Trader)

Nobody has seen any awesome placements yet? Maybe next to the Alcatraz’s water? Or beside the Deal Castle, maybe?

I'm still confused by this notion of "naming the ship"
I can see the real Sir Francis Drake tutting and shaking his head in your general direction... :P:lol:
(He named his ship twice. First to Pelican. Then to Golden Hind).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111359

I can see the real Sir Francis Drake tutting and shaking his head in your general direction... :P:lol:
(He named his ship twice. First to Pelican. Then to Golden Hind).

1. It's Sir Francis Haddock, not Drake.
2. When SFD did name his ship, he could do so by actually putting the name on it, where others could see.

Amy Steele

General
My first ship is now in, though as of now only level 2. I am aiming for the Trading Ship, and leaning at the moment towards 'The Adventurer' as a name. I'm not sure where the name came from, it just popped into my head. Maybe because I have just entered AF which is an adventure in itself :D
The Adventurer is at the front corner of my city, as close to the water as I am currently able to get it. I plan to expand further in that direction, purely to place more ships. I would love to have all 3 variations at level 7!

Oh! I opted for the Trading Ship as I need the Goods, badly :D

DeletedUser114563

Only level 2 at 5 days from the Summer Quest ending, it's going to be a tough one to get to Level 7 :)
You going to need lots of Red Bulls to meet the challenge :) lol

Agent327

Overlord
Only level 2 at 5 days from the Summer Quest ending, it's going to be a tough one to get to Level 7 :)
You going to need lots of Red Bulls to meet the challenge :) lol

You have no clue how many doubloons she has left. Since anyone completing all quests can do it, it can be a piece of cake.

DeletedUser114563

Well then you might not need all those Red Bulls after all go get your "The Aventure" :)

DeletedUser114563

Ja, excellent idea :)

( I actually use my city profile to give it a nick name of a South African city or a suburb, "Johies", "Durbs", "Sandown", "Mother City" )

DeletedUser112365

I would like to thank the FOE programmers for making such a great summer event. It was nice to be able to complete the questline and obtain one of the three ships and the prizes won on the wheel. It's too bad that the programmers didn't make the stern flag flap in the wind. This would have been a nice touch. Just a little animation on the Ships' flag would have been nice. Oh well!!!

Amy Steele

General
Hi treboreel, we're glad to know you enjoyed the event. Congratulations on reaching the end too! Do you have a name for your ship? And which did you choose? :)

DeletedUser111359

How are you complete already? I don't get the final quest for another 6-7 hours. :(

DeletedUser114563

I think what treboreel was saying is that one could finish the quest main objective, possibly the first time in the history of quests and there was lots of spare days to go ( pity not enough to get a second ship ).

Ja, my Summer Event finishes in 2d 12h as of now ( Portugal time ).

Agent327

Overlord
I think what treboreel was saying is that one could finish the quest main objective, possibly the first time in the history of quests and there was lots of spare days to go ( pity not enough to get a second ship ).

Ja, mine finishes in 2d 12h as of now ( Portugal time ).

Number of spare days hardly has anything to do with getting a second ship and you have always been able to finish all quests well within time.

Questline does not finish in 2d + . Event finishes at that time. Questline finishes when you are done.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I did not name any of my two Pirate ships and do not intend to – If it would be written in the Ship somewhere I would name them.

In Arvahall I tried to place the Ship amongst what was left of Oceanic Future – Deep Sea Breader, Kraken, Seaview House and the Blue galaxy.
Thus I have been lucky to win two Sunken Treasures, those I also placed around the ship, together with a VF Palmtree and the Jack O´lantern Chapel.

I have seen more players, also some with two ships in the same city, place the ships close to the Kraken
– That GB sort of kind of fits, at least the Pirate Ship.

I chose the Pirate ship for two reasons; 1) The Attack Bonus, 2) that is gives 5 more dayli goods than the Royal ship.
I am teched out in VF and is now just stockpiling goods for the next Tech Tree release – when I got enough I´ll tear down the production buildings and rely on special buildings for some dayli VF goods income. My other Pirate Ship is in Iron Age and I have nothing to tell about the placement of that one.

For design I kind of miss the Wateroads of OF – Water always add someting extra to a city. E.g "The Rock" Alcatraz looks brilliant in the middle of a City, but it is way too large and thereby in-effective to place at a central point of a city.

shipinarva.jpg

Last edited: