• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Naming Your Ship (Summer Event 2018)

DeletedUser112745

Hey guys!

As you know (or don't if you've been living in a WiFi-less ice cave in the Arctic), this 2018 summer event gave us a special residential building - The Ship - that, when levelled to the highest level, allows us to choose between three unique ships with different boost bonuses.

From left to right: Royal Ship, Trader Ship & Pirate Ship

• Which ship did you choose and why?
  • What did you name your ship?
  • Do you have or have you seen a cool placement of the ship in a city? (Because, let's be honest, having a ship randomly sitting in the middle of a city is a bit silly) - share screenshots!

DeletedUser112745

I chose the pirate ship.
Because I love piratey things and pirate-related games (the best IMO being Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed Rogue).
Also, I like the attack bonus it gives, because I enjoy attacking neighbours for sport and plundering them if they have nice stuff on offer to me - like a pirate does really. :D

I named my ship Raven's Curse.

DeletedUser112892

-Chose Royal Ship because resource I mostly need atm are FPs.
-Didn't give it any name yet :P
-Didn't find suitable place where it might look cool yet.

Dead-Eye

General
I wasn't gonna bother till they changed the bonuses. I had decided on the royal ship for the FP's. As much as I liked the pirate one better, and I am a neighbourhood terror when it comes to nicking my hoodies stuff, I want FP's. Anyway, I got hammered one night and ended up spending diamonds. Not much, I think 4 packs of 20 so now I will have both. Whoo hoo! I haven't a scooby as to what I will call them. Perhaps Samantha and Genie.

DeletedUser106685

My 2nd ship will have cost me 5,000 diamonds, which I had saved up anyway. Expensive, but acceptable.

DeletedUser111359

Not sure I really see much point to "naming" something, when you can't actually attach the name to it at all. It's just a mental entry in your own brain.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I am choosing the Pirate ship because I am a filthy, dirty plunderer. ;)

It's name is 'The Tower of the Cyclops', named after the magical space faring fortress of Magnus the Red, The Crimson King, Daemon Primarch of the Thousand Sons Legion.
(...and for any 40k fans, yes, I am still avenging Prospero, kicking one Space Puppy at a time!:P)

DeletedUser114563

My pirate ship in Arvahall is called "Green Pearl" :)
My pirate ship in Houndsmoor is called "Green Mamba" :)
My pirate ship in Brisgard is called "Green Emerald" :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

?? madness, sticking labels on things you cannot name and for which theres no logic!! But i would have like to see it sailing around the city.

vikingraider

Emperor
I wasn't gonna bother till they changed the bonuses. I had decided on the royal ship for the FP's. As much as I liked the pirate one better, and I am a neighbourhood terror when it comes to nicking my hoodies stuff, I want FP's. Anyway, I got hammered one night and ended up spending diamonds. Not much, I think 4 packs of 20 so now I will have both. Whoo hoo! I haven't a scooby as to what I will call them. Perhaps Samantha and Genie.

I've found playing FOE when drunk to be expensive. I once negotiated half of GE level 4 before I realised I hadn't used the extra turn. I thought it seemed hard...

I've called mine The Royal Ship

DeletedUser653

I've found playing FOE when drunk to be expensive. I once negotiated half of GE level 4 before I realised I hadn't used the extra turn. I thought it seemed hard...

had a chuckle then, thanks for that I think we have all done something silly like that at some point. Pirate ship for me 8% bonus

DeletedUser115027

Haven't quite decided which one I want yet - on one hand, the 6 FP from Royal Ship are tasty. OTOH the coin boost is pretty useless to me at the moment, while 8% atk could definitely be handy and the Pirate Ship gives more goods as well. I'm leaning towards Pirate at the moment, even though aesthetically I prefer the Royal Ship.

As for what I'd name it? Why, Boaty McBoatface of course.

DeletedUser112745

The good ship Lollipop of course :P
The good ship... so the Pirate one? :lol:

-Chose Royal Ship because resource I mostly need atm are FPs.
The recent events have given us some lovely FP-producing buildings that people don't collect from on time, ripe for the plunder :hide:

My ship is called The Diamond Sinkhole.
You spent diamonds? Each to their own I suppose, lol. You're pretty much guaranteed a maximum levelled ship as long as you complete all the quests. I have a maxed ship and still have 2, soon to be 3, extra upgrade kits in my inventory from the spinning wheel *shrug*.

This ship has the luxury of being called "please don't plunder"
As if someone would plunder the awesome Pyro, anyway. :P

Perhaps Samantha and Genie.
Any particular reason why? :D

Named mine
Not the sort of music I imagined you'd listen to. :P

Not sure I really see much point to "naming" something, when you can't actually attach the name to it at all. It's just a mental entry in your own brain.
?? madness, sticking labels on things you cannot name and for which theres no logic!!
Must be a barrel of laughs at the party, you two. :rolleyes::lol:

I am choosing the Pirate ship because I am a filthy, dirty plunderer.
Filthy dirty plunderers unite!

My pirate ship in Arvahall is called "Green Pearl" :)
My pirate ship in Houndsmoor is called "Green Mamba" :)
Nice and simple.

No Viking-themed name? Pft, I expected better from a fellow guildmate. :lol:

As for what I'd name it? Why, Boaty McBoatface of course.
You named it after the guild on Brisgard that has a lot of members with 2 spear defences making my plunderings far too easy? :P Well, it is a cool name, I admit. :lol:

DeletedUser653

You spent diamonds? Each to their own I suppose, lol. You're pretty much guaranteed a maximum levelled ship as long as you complete all the quests. I have a maxed ship and still have 2, soon to be 3, extra upgrade kits in my inventory from the spinning wheel *shrug*.

is this an update or a miss understanding as the spining wheel cannot give updates to my understanding, totally agree that if you try and get the 3 badge prizes you will get a boat ealier and maybe halfway to another with no diamond spend.

DeletedUser112745

is this an update or a miss understanding as the spining wheel cannot give updates to my understanding, totally agree that if you try and get the 3 badge prizes you will get a boat ealier and maybe halfway to another with no diamond spend.
They're grand prizes for collecting 20 map pieces. It's down to luck how many map pieces you get from the wheel really.