• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Kev-

Private
What would satisfy you if it was toned down?
Smaller Guilds aren't going to be able to cope with the cost of building as is, no issue to our Guild at all but unless the smaller Guilds get out and are competitive you've not achieved anything with the Nerf other than killing GBG.
Base sector needs to see a radical drop in both cost and time, to make it worthwhile for them. As for the Att Nerf again its crippling the smaller players first and foremost unless its back in the mid high nineties they're still going to be in the boat of one two sectors then done for the day, thats before you factor in troop loss which is another debilitating factor unless you've high Traz and loads of Viceroys etc. All of this was repeated time and again on Beta and again in here but Inno won't listen they seem to be obsessed with hitting the self destruct button and nothing else currently.

Gedrog

Private
Actually maybe Platinum League should run by the old standarts, while only diamond league goes to the new path.
in that way Tourney and special buildings could be won only in the diamonds league, as now in platinum there is no real reason to play GBG at all, you dont get new rewards but paying just as much as in diamonds league, while at the same time number of hits for each sector are shrinked -> means platinum, gold and all lower eras makes no sense to build any buildings in GBG at all.
Sounds a sensible aproach

Gedrog

Private
Smaller Guilds aren't going to be able to cope with the cost of building as is, no issue to our Guild at all but unless the smaller Guilds get out and are competitive you've not achieved anything with the Nerf other than killing GBG.
Base sector needs to see a radical drop in both cost and time, to make it worthwhile for them. As for the Att Nerf again its crippling the smaller players first and foremost unless its back in the mid high nineties they're still going to be in the boat of one two sectors then done for the day, thats before you factor in troop loss which is another debilitating factor unless you've high Traz and loads of Viceroys etc. All of this was repeated time and again on Beta and again in here but Inno won't listen they seem to be obsessed with hitting the self destruct button and nothing else currently.
I fully second this comment

Deleted member 127677

When will the changes be reverted, or at least tone down this unadulterated NERF? GbG is completely dead now!
No it isn’t. We have a good FFA map, 5 guilds out on tier 1 and 2 sectors, all 8 guilds on the map have been out to take sectors, it’s great. Keeping an eye on championship also is adding a new element to Gbg that we didn’t have before.

Deleted member 127677

Not to push this button again, but how about investing in raising the treasury, merging or recruiting for more members? This is the first season in this format, I am seeing one 1-man guild in diamond, where he should never have been. Obviously he’s not going to compete. But I am also seeing 30-people guilds beating 75-person guilds, so where is your ‘small guild’ limit? Ultimately, small guilds need to make a decision as to what they want out of Gbg and what they are striving to achieve. If it is to be competitive in diamond league, grow.

joesoap

Major-General
i'm on a map with the #1 & #5 guilds in the rankings & most sectors are still changing hands within minutes of becoming unlocked so in my opinion the 80% cap could be reduced even further

Larron

Private
Has anybody noticed that most of the 80%-off sectors actually have about 50% support? I've started tracking sectors and support buildings the last few days and most of the time, your attrition increases by 1 with every 5 hits, but this morning I did 120 hits with a 33 attrition increase in a supposedly 80% off sector. This was the same with 3 SC sectors before, nothing had been done about it for years, and now they even removed free sectors while keeping the same bugs. I can reach my maximum attrition using higher-age troops in 80%-off sectors in half an hour and then I don't even have to log in for the rest of the day because there's nothing I can do in GBG. Where's the logic in that?

Deleted member 127677

Can’t say. I’m on an average of 545 fights a day (I counted negos as double, but even if I do them as singles, I’m well over 500 a day), having done anything from 40-80% sectors, and an average attrition of about 120. The 80% support has been working like the camps normally did, I could get 2 attr for 25 hits or 10 attr for 10 hits. The latter case is more annoying, obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
I've noticed myself being very lucky with negotiations (50% chance of guessing the right goods, and I manage to get it) - I haven't noticed any great decrease in numbers of fights won without attrition going up.
Honestly, I think it's just a matter of people misunderstanding 'random' (see my recent comments on another thread), plus observer bias; we only notice results that stand out to us for some reason. We remember the one night we dreamt about our mother and then she had a stroke the next day, and don't remember all the nights we dreamt about her and absolutely nothing happened. We notice the lucky streak that followed when we wore a particular pair of socks to a match, and not the total failure of the team to win on the occasions we happened to be wearing our oldest vest.

Larron

Private
I've noticed myself being very lucky with negotiations (50% chance of guessing the right goods, and I manage to get it) - I haven't noticed any great decrease in numbers of fights won without attrition going up.
Honestly, I think it's just a matter of people misunderstanding 'random' (see my recent comments on another thread), plus observer bias; we only notice results that stand out to us for some reason. We remember the one night we dreamt about our mother and then she had a stroke the next day, and don't remember all the nights we dreamt about her and absolutely nothing happened. We notice the lucky streak that followed when we wore a particular pair of socks to a match, and not the total failure of the team to win on the occasions we happened to be wearing our oldest vest.
You are right, I had to write a little code for myself to check how many times random would actually deviate from the expected 20 attrition on 100 hits, and well, the results didn't cheer me up. I guess I just miss having free sectors and the illusion of being able to 'play with a strategy'. Now, it seems as if everything was already set, I come on, do my number of hits and I'm done for the day and I don't even feel like coming online other than for collections. It helped me be productive in RL but made me lose my appetite for the game. They did decrease the diamonds though, in my opinion. I used to get 120-150, but now I'm lucky if I get the daily 45, and then I spend that on reviving a hover.

Vesiger

Monarch
You are right, I had to write a little code for myself to check how many times random would actually deviate from the expected 20 attrition on 100 hits, and well, the results didn't cheer me up. I guess I just miss having free sectors and the illusion of being able to 'play with a strategy'. Now, it seems as if everything was already set, I come on, do my number of hits and I'm done for the day and I don't even feel like coming online other than for collections. It helped me be productive in RL but made me lose my appetite for the game. They did decrease the diamonds though, in my opinion. I used to get 120-150, but now I'm lucky if I get the daily 45, and then I spend that on reviving a hover.
Don't waste diamonds on healing troops...!

Have you completed all the settlements - fought every day in the PvP tower, battled your neighbours and completed the Guild Expedition, not to mention using your wooden spoon every six hours during the current event? It still seems odd to me that people are talking as if the entire purpose of FoE consists of swapping sectors in a pre-set GBG rota, and that without that they have nothing...

Nidwin

Sergeant
I like the change even if it does hit me hard. I'll adapt and in 9 to 12 months back top Gold League. Those 80% max seems actually right vs how it was before.

edit 1
Forgot to mention that I truly like those new buildings, especially the ones that also give +% VP's with attrition reduction.

Last edited:

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I like the changes, yes we have to be more coordinated, work together as a Guild to get results, yes frustrating when a Guild or two still dominate by " swapping" whether passively or in a prearranged agreement, what I don't like is the Championship part... 6 seasons with the same guilds...not a good idea and needs altering, it will be so boring and is already causing a lot of my players to stop playing GBG, whereas we could count on at least 80% of the guild battling regularly, now its already down to under 50%, and not because of the way attrition has been nerfed, they want the variety and can see they are not going to get any for 12 weeks, I like the new buildings and the new format, some of the costs could be considered a trifle expensive, especially for smaller guilds, Again, I think this was rushed out without proper testing, perhaps it needs tweaking and changing some aspects a little, but overall I like it.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Don't waste diamonds on healing troops...!

Have you completed all the settlements - fought every day in the PvP tower, battled your neighbours and completed the Guild Expedition, not to mention using your wooden spoon every six hours during the current event? It still seems odd to me that people are talking as if the entire purpose of FoE consists of swapping sectors in a pre-set GBG rota, and that without that they have nothing...

If they're healing it'll be because they got them through the quest line early in an earlier era not because they like healing troops

Deleted member 127677

I like the changes, yes we have to be more coordinated, work together as a Guild to get results, yes frustrating when a Guild or two still dominate by " swapping" whether passively or in a prearranged agreement, what I don't like is the Championship part... 6 seasons with the same guilds...not a good idea and needs altering, it will be so boring and is already causing a lot of my players to stop playing GBG, whereas we could count on at least 80% of the guild battling regularly, now its already down to under 50%, and not because of the way attrition has been nerfed, they want the variety and can see they are not going to get any for 12 weeks, I like the new buildings and the new format, some of the costs could be considered a trifle expensive, especially for smaller guilds, Again, I think this was rushed out without proper testing, perhaps it needs tweaking and changing some aspects a little, but overall I like it.
It’s not the same guilds for 6 seasons, it will change like before.

kingofbrits

Private
A few days in now, and overall i think it's rubbish. Some good features, but to sum it up we've just had a 'race' between the 2 strongest GbG guilds in EN, both had 80% yet one didn't turn up and the other took it as a snails pace, mostly with negs. The old format, we would have needed good coordination with 15+ players and the sector would have gone in seconds, likely won by just a few fights and you'd really feel like you've played your part. OK, so it was a 3rd tier sector, but it just felt like i was burning goods, was boring.

The rank 2 guild in EN isn't very strong, they've just jumped one player from IA to FE so is doing 16k fights/day. The attrition cap isn't bad on its own, but munching through a possible 416 fights is just unnecessary. Having players gain 30 attrition on one sector of 242 fights with max attrition boost is just demoralising. Too many people burning attrition too quick, so they'll just look for another game soon.

Not all bad, the linear attrition is better, with stacked def boosts i got to 158 att, can also do more cheap negs.

My 2p, keep the attrition cap, keep linear attrition gain, drop fight numbers/sector, lower build costs, lower fight % gain for buildings (should be 220 max), slash build costs for HQ both goods & diamonds, while its fine for us as our treasury is big, it's only really needed by small guilds if they repeatedly get mapped and need to start again, and they probably can't afford it!

*Neo

Private
Well you forgeting to mention that when you jump from iron age to FE you really need to get very decent attack now to go with unlimited atrition
previously when it was 12k attack in other side it was kind of easy 1 or 1.3k attack used to do the wonders fortunately now it is doubled.

but it is true LDK beating hard now with just 1 player

Karoleva

Private
i wanted to compliment this GBG update. very good. you can always have -80% attrition, even new players can make more fights, its more even now