• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Vesiger

Monarch
It would also be helpful to see quite how many fights will be required to take a sector, because of the buildings on it, before you start hitting it. As it is, it’s not possible to say until it opens, but it would be potentially helpful when plotting priorities and races.
Yes, it seems like a bug that there is no way to see how many fights are required to take a sector without first winning at least one fight on it (albeit possibly realistic!)

Gedrog

Private
One item I think needs to be raised, is I think the Tourney building should be open to all levels of competition it is possible to get 2 of these per season, a platinum Guild moving into diamond will be fighting against Guilds that will have plenty of them putting the Platinum Guild at a huge disadvantage.

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
The city building in your city is too expensive in both goods and diamonds to build straight away.
I like the fact we can pop in any time during the day and do some fights as the attrition on everyone allows this now.
As we all get less diamonds everywhere now...........
Its also about time you released the large diamond package that we used to get evry now and again and you will get a massive income instantly.

kp2000

Private
Terrible update!! Congratulations to those thinking of it....honestly not! So boring now to gain a sector, waiting the sieges for life, expensive to use diamonds, hitting 300 - 400? What for? How many units do you expect to have to get that going on? Algorithms must have also changed on how easily now units are killied. An update made for top only guilds, pointless. Following the failure of GE 5...not much a suprise!

*Neo

Private
One item I think needs to be raised, is I think the Tourney building should be open to all levels of competition it is possible to get 2 of these per season, a platinum Guild moving into diamond will be fighting against Guilds that will have plenty of them putting the Platinum Guild at a huge disadvantage.
Actually maybe Platinum League should run by the old standarts, while only diamond league goes to the new path.
in that way Tourney and special buildings could be won only in the diamonds league, as now in platinum there is no real reason to play GBG at all, you dont get new rewards but paying just as much as in diamonds league, while at the same time number of hits for each sector are shrinked -> means platinum, gold and all lower eras makes no sense to build any buildings in GBG at all.

Josey181

Private
Totally agree, All they have done is changed the GBG into a version of GVG. It's ruined. It does not help the smaller guilds as they do not have the treasuries to compete with a larger guild. Rather than fight, fight fight its now fight and hold They've ruined it and I'm just quit playing. If you spend sufficiently on the first day, you've basically won that round. It is without doubt the ruination of GBG.

Mysty.

Private
Terrible update!! Congratulations to those thinking of it....honestly not! So boring now to gain a sector, waiting the sieges for life, expensive to use diamonds, hitting 300 - 400? What for? How many units do you expect to have to get that going on? Algorithms must have also changed on how easily now units are killied. An update made for top only guilds, pointless. Following the failure of GE 5...not much a suprise!
I dont agree that the GE5 change was a failure I have enjoyed learning to fight that but this change needs work. Extra fights required at the same time as attrition cap at the same time as changing the algorithm so we lose more troops fighting (def experiencing that in my Future era, SAT has been like from its intro) is killing. Something need to change before GBG dies altogether

Vesiger

Monarch
Rather than fight, fight fight its now fight and hold
It was always supposed to be fight and hold, with the aim being to score enough points to get to the next league - the problems came once all the guilds who were at all ambitious ended up squashed into the top league together and realised that it was potentially more profitable to lose and retake sectors than to hold them (with the consequent demise of all the defensive buildings Inno had originally provided for that purpose). When was the last time you saw anybody build a Palace?

This time round they have given most of the new buildings both defensive and offensive bonuses (more fights to take sector plus less attrition on neighbouring sectors), presumably in the hopes that people will actually make use of them.

Deleted member 127677

Totally agree, All they have done is changed the GBG into a version of GVG. It's ruined. It does not help the smaller guilds as they do not have the treasuries to compete with a larger guild. Rather than fight, fight fight its now fight and hold They've ruined it and I'm just quit playing. If you spend sufficiently on the first day, you've basically won that round. It is without doubt the ruination of GBG.
Music to my ears. Gbg more like Gvg. Fantastic! Good change and enjoying it tremendously. Thank you.

I really dislike this new GbG format. I want to ask so many "Why" questions but it's pointless. You wont answer them. I really think you should have SHORTENED the time a sector is locked after taking and added more slots instead of subtracting them. The real problem with GbG has always been that two guilds seem to get to dominate it. You should stop people from leaving sectors two fights away for hours and hours. You should put a timer on taking a sector. Like maybe twenty minutes and then after that the wins start counting off. Honestly, I think if you would have just shortened the lock time then it would be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

Question, and potential feedback regarding ranking. I currently see all 1000 lp guilds ranked first, then the lower diamond league ones, followed by platinum etc, in league point order. Then there will be wins, victory points accumulated and so forth. What happens when, inevitably, a couple of the lower diamond league guilds win their season, and get 1000 league points, with 1 win which will have been easier to achieve than (most) in higher dime league? Do they automatically slot in as number 5 or 6, because the win is valued higher than the number of victory points? Or after the guilds who started in 1000 lp category in the first place, and may have 100s of 000s more vps for their preceding season, but didn’t win it?

Gbg was single handed the worst addition to the game ever added.

It took the game from reasonably balanced to a 24/7 farming cash cow. (Theres been a lot more inbalance since but that was the starting point)

That said this update only reduces (or potentially reduces) rewards indirectly and increases costs.

It does nothing to solve the main problem, which is every server now has maxed or close to maxed out guilds of players that can access the game 24/7 and fully focus on gbg, everyone else now in smaller guilds bouncing between diamond and platinum. They get a good platinum, get moved up to diamond, get kicked around/blocked for the next season or might scrape enough to have two blocked diamond rounds then go dropped back down to platinum to a decent round in platinum and then the circle begins again.

Honestly do not see the point, I could join the gbg guilds tomorrow but for what? the game shouldn't be inbalanced to the point where there's limited amount of guilds that can play gbg normally and steadily and the rest get booted around like old tin cans by them week in week out.
I have always wondered why they don't do the matchmaking like they do in GE with guilds of the same size matched up against each across all worlds.

Deleted member 127677

I have always wondered why they don't do the matchmaking like they do in GE with guilds of the same size matched up against each across all worlds.
Because same size guilds don’t necessarily have same capacity. You can be matched with bigger or smaller and they will do more or less than you, it all comes down to how many actives there are in a guild and that is something I wouldn’t expect anyone but the guild to know or even care about.

Dastar

Private
new system is crap- resource cost for buildings is outrageous to start off - starting province resource costs are ridiculous - we tried to venture out past our start province and got pushed back just as fast. Bigger guilds still rule but even more so now as they have province buildings that cost in some cases almost double to conquer. Back to the drawing board as you just ruined this even more - so yeah - thanks for that

Agnes XXI

Private
Finally Thanks to FoE developers and all Inno team for amazing improvement in the game! Long time ago was waiting for this GbG update! Attrition wise no change here - as it was 30-60 mid day 100-115 in the end of the day. Rewards are amazing (way better than it was before)
Looking forwards for GBG server merge like in Guild Expedition
* Day 4 over 2k battles + 100% way more chilled game - absolutely fantastic!
Thank you Thank you Thank you

+ I really like gbg buildings wich increase 220 battles up to nearly 400 per province

Last edited:

Kotemendo

Private
Need more details about:
Blue ⬇️ 20%, Red ⬇️ 74%, etc.
Adjacent Grey sector is home base: with only one Improvised Guild Field Camp 26% chance to not increase attrition, but C4B shows Red ⬇️ 74%. Totally confusing.

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 31

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I appear to have an opposite view of the algorithm. I am finding units killed happening much less - but offsetting it - the damage my units are receiving are much more apportioned out to most/all of the units. As I mentioned in my Guild comments - digging a lot less graves, but using a whole lot more bandages.