• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall Event 2018

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser99588

With the introduction of the Terracotta Army GB, I feel this is now redundant. People who wish to boost their offensive defense, or defensive attack, can now invest in that building.

With that kind of Logic we would never of had the Pirate ship or other buildings that provide boosts because there is already something that exists to do it. We get given fp's already daily why have buildings or rewards providing more? We have GB's providing defence and attack bonus but still we
have watchfires and other bonus related structures in addition to them.

So, the reason why is because it is an incentive to players that want those things to do their damnedest to get them which can mean spending money, which is ultimately what Innogames require.

DeletedUser15986

With that kind of Logic we would never of had the Pirate ship or other buildings that provide boosts because there is already something that exists to do it. We get given fp's already daily why have buildings or rewards providing more? We have GB's providing defence and attack bonus but still we
have watchfires and other bonus related structures in addition to them.

So, the reason why is because it is an incentive to players that want those things to do their damnedest to get them which can mean spending money, which is ultimately what Innogames require.

Actually it was more a "here's a building that does both in one", but don't let that stop you setting up your straw man...

DeletedUser99588

Actually it was more a "here's a building that does both in one", but don't let that stop you setting up your straw man...

TA is a GB not an event building. It may well do both but event buildings tend to be in addition to whatever GB's you may have in your city. My LoA and RAH boost my supplies but that doesn't stop us having supply boost packages, tavern boosts and event building boosts that also boost supplies. So instead of trying to dismiss something as a strawman counter the argument that has been made. We may not agree with one another but hopefully can appreciate the basis of opposing opinions if a worthy argument is put forth.

DeletedUser15986

TA is a GB not an event building. It may well do both but event buildings tend to be in addition to whatever GB's you may have in your city. My LoA and RAH boost my supplies but that doesn't stop us having supply boost packages, tavern boosts and event building boosts that also boost supplies. So instead of trying to dismiss something as a strawman counter the argument that has been made. We may not agree with one another but hopefully can appreciate the basis of opposing opinions if a worthy argument is put forth.

I'd rather have one building that does both, than extra buildings that do just one.

Also, the only time I've ever used the additional supply/coin boosts are a) when I get a quest to spend tavern silver, or b) when I'm bored and want to free up inventory... As it is I have millions of each and I have multiple coin/supply boosts in my inventory on every world - as well as multiple buildings that boost coin/supply. If a building comes with a useful secondary boost (goods of the era, FP, maybe medals) then I'll use it... If not, it's just dead weight.

DeletedUser99588

I'd rather have one building that does both, than extra buildings that do just one.

Also, the only time I've ever used the additional supply/coin boosts are a) when I get a quest to spend tavern silver, or b) when I'm bored and want to free up inventory... As it is I have millions of each and I have multiple coin/supply boosts in my inventory on every world - as well as multiple buildings that boost coin/supply. If a building comes with a useful secondary boost (goods of the era, FP, maybe medals) then I'll use it... If not, it's just dead weight.

Good for you. I understand you may not desire it but having an event building with the suggested attributes is in keeping with what has been done already for other attributes. Therefore I see no reason why it shouldn't exist as a future event building. Hopefully Inno will concur but who knows.

Out of interest why sit on loads of coins and supplies? They don't help much sitting in the bank.

Post edited to correct quote as pointed out by Agent327, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15986

Out of interest why sit on loads of coins and supplies? They don't help much sitting in the bank.

Basically it's a cost/reward ratio. Since they stopped counting towards points they've effectively lost their value so I just use them when I have the chance to improve the efficiency of my cities. Sure I could buy thousands upon thousands of FP, but all that will do is bump up the price requirement of the "buy 10FP" (etc) quests during events. There's no real use to spending supplies either, so I just let them accumulate in order to just power through events/quests that require me to spend them - such as the "Spend a million coins" in DC.

Agent327

Overlord
Good for you. I understand you may not desire it but having an event building with the suggested attributes is in keeping with what has been done already for other attributes. Therefore I see no reason why it shouldn't exist as a future event building. Hopefully Inno will concur but who knows.

You are adressing the wrong person here. That comment wasn't meant for you. Just look at the quote.

I have a TA.

DeletedUser99588

Basically it's a cost/reward ratio. Since they stopped counting towards points they've effectively lost their value so I just use them when I have the chance to improve the efficiency of my cities. Sure I could buy thousands upon thousands of FP, but all that will do is bump up the price requirement of the "buy 10FP" (etc) quests during events. There's no real use to spending supplies either, so I just let them accumulate in order to just power through events/quests that require me to spend them - such as the "Spend a million coins" in DC.

Fair enough. Who knows one day you might find a good use for them.

Calydor

Private
So this will be another pay-to-win event seeing as only the top 1% and 5% get the best prizes.

Why do I even play anymore.

DeletedUser112892

So this will be another pay-to-win event seeing as only the top 1% and 5% get the best prizes.

For example, in Soccer Cup event i finished in silver league (5%) without spending diamonds.

DeletedUser99588

I think that is the concept in a nutshell. At least this time you can get top level windmill without using diamonds which wasn't achieved by most for the Tholos. There always seems to be one player that skews the percentages by seemingly spending lots of money. If I was cynical I might consider the possibility the player was a company plant encouraging regular players to spend to stay in the silver/gold leagues. Luckily I'm not cynical so all is well.

DeletedUser6065

Task #4 - Acquire a Sector.
Nope.
Another useless event.
The positive is that the rewards are pretty crappy as well - so who really cares.
. . . mk

DeletedUser112892

I was not excited about this event before it started, I am not into Bakery and never was.
– But I clicked once and won a SoK in first action – I am good with that output for a start of this event.
I will keep collecting ingredients, want to accumulate them and then, when SoKs come again as daily special, I will strike. Ooh, I will also hunt Cider Mills, my goal is 2 Bountiful ones :)
And, ofc, would be happy if I get two Mills of Fall level 7.

Emberguard

Legend

What effect does the league really have on your game? You still get the main building (for free), you still get Daily Specials. Diamonds have always been bundled with free stuff when events come around. This is just another way of presenting that

I think that is the concept in a nutshell. At least this time you can get top level windmill without using diamonds which wasn't achieved by most for the Tholos
Only because most didn't wait to see whether or not the usual upgrade kit would be a daily special. There was no reason for anyone who went for the upgrade as a DS wouldn''t get a Lvl 10 if they also completed all quests

DeletedUser15986

What effect does the league really have on your game? You still get the main building (for free), you still get Daily Specials.

"Completed all the event quests? Good for you, but you don't get the event Avatar. Diamond spenders only."