• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed At last, Week #26 2017-10-30 (or thereabouts!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110914

hurry up then Bridgeman, you only have a few hours to reach those goals ;)

DeletedUser110179

Griefental - HMA - PvP Final: 2.4 Mil points ... 1,042 battles.
From zero to 10 sectors ... in four days.

PvP 5 Nov Final.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

So, I've got Alcatraz built and rogue hideout placed somewhere in town. Now I plan on passing GE 1 and possibly 2 by fighting since we started opening GE 4 weekly.

Who can give me tips on battling? How high should my attack bonus be to pass lv 2 without too much losses? Also, I plan on negotiating through 2 wave battles for now though.

vikingraider

Emperor
I once did 240 battles in a row through guild agreement with 8 rogues defending. Clicking auto battle and going through the screens was bad enough. Taking that many sectors by yourself is definitely an achievement.

DeletedUser110179

How were you patient enough to play so many battles?
I've never played GvG although I've had Alcatraz since the beginning of the year ...
giving birth to new units everyday ... trickling up the numbers.

I guess I got into the zone ... and it was a real buzz (probably never happen again).

and why ?
I was happy with the initial white sector ... but once I took a sector from Thors Hammer it was better to take them out of the picture completely.

Holidays maybe?
Certainly felt like it.

All on your own? If so and 10 sectors, congrats. That takes some doing.
Pretty much ...

Our guild has never had a presence in HMA so I'm pretty much alone out there
(some did help out with DA's and 5 or 6 battles).
T be honest @S J K made it all possible (He's taken a leading role in running the guild GvG.
The better guilds and players don't bother with HMA ... players love Iron Age or LMA and beyond.

Only idiots like me camp in HMA.

maybe he forced his 8 little kids to do the 1042 battles for him :lol:
Lol ... you've got me ... it was the seven dwarves taking turns.

Actually, I think the Fights are overstated ... they include "surrenders" and I had very few HI, Knights and Trebs so I had to skip battles that were wrong for the troops.
It seems GvG cycles through the DAs and you can just surrender and get one of the 8 different armies ... and tackle the oddball dudes at the end.

I still haven't researched Heavy Infantry, Knights and Trebuchets ... so all those units came from months of GE and Treasure Hunt.

I once did 240 battles in a row through guild agreement with 8 rogues defending.
Clicking auto battle and going through the screens was bad enough.
Taking that many sectors by yourself is definitely an achievement.
There were no "Freedom sectors" with 8 rogues ... but many had 2, 3 and some, even 4 rogues.

The thing is that you can't battle manually ... you really need to get the job done quickly and choose the right troops for each battle. You can expect to pretty much lose 1 or 2 troops in each battle (sometimes 3, othertimes none).
Accordind to pawelp's LoW Advanced guide on GvG Fundamentals, ... expect to lose 20-200 units per sector.

I found that 4 Trebs + 4 HI inflicted the most loss of life. In one sector I could do every battle with 2 bezerkers + 6 rogues ... while in others, the DA's were very varied (forcing me to skip often and return later). I've stored all the RHs and Alcatraz is being leveled up from 8 units per day (normal barracks just don't have the capacity to store enough units). Maybe Champions + Rogues will make a better team across the board.

Lost about 400 rogues alone ... and probably around 200 original units.

DeletedUser110179

@Amy Steele : Is this a record for HMA ... across all worlds ?
(Could you ask the developers or someone in stats ... and see what they say)

Alcatraz is quite new, so veterans would probably have passed HMA long before it became possible to post such big numbers ... in one week.

PvP 5 Nov Final.jpg

@Amy Steele : Is this a record for HMA ... across all worlds ?
(Could you ask the developers or someone in stats ... and see what they say)

Alcatraz is quite new, so veterans would probably have passed HMA long before it became possible to post such big numbers ... in one week.

View attachment 13750
You should see if you can get a special mention on the championship board for that effort!
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/champion-of-greifental.22343/

DeletedUser111848

i read that a little bit it has a lot of helpful stuff but i don't wont to read all of that

DeletedUser110179

DeletedUser108047

Hey Bridgeman - nice work! Want to start a city on N? I think I can find you a spot :)

Once you get to about 90% attack boost you can attack the 0% sectors with the right match up 1 troop +7 rogues and use auto fairly quickly. The higher your boost the better. your defensive boost is more important than your attack bonus so focusing on levelling fighting GBS (CdM, Zeus and Aachen) is best

Yes the DAs cycle - not predictably. Making the DAs different thus requiring different troop mixes is important as a defender. It can double the time to take a sector if you have to keep changing troops or surrendering. That is why working as a team - one fighting one type of DA and the others - different types is worthwhile. As your boost gets higher you can go auto with just a mix of artillery and rogues but you should still budget on losing one rogue per fight unless the DAs are crappy

Putting rogues in DAs is an art - and not many get it right. If the defending troop doesn't hide from ranged attacks then it can get picked off from a distance leaving the rogues as easy kills. In IndA 3 rangers + 5 rogues can be a good DA particularly with sector defence as the troops have to go hand to hand. In HMA artillery usualy rules both defensively and offensively

Getting the sectors is one thing... keeping them is another. How did you go filling the DAs?

DeletedUser110179

Once you get to about 90% attack boost you can attack the 0% sectors with the right match up 1 troop +7 rogues and use auto fairly quickly.
Getting the sectors is one thing... keeping them is another. How did you go filling the DAs?
I love 7 rogues + 1 HI but I quickly ran short because he's the point and fall guy (he starts first and I didn't hold him back) .

I filled about 7 sectors with the full 8 armies on my own ... mostly with 2 Rogues + 1 Knight, 1 Champion, + 2 Xbow , Bezerker HI mix.
I couldn't load the sectors with Trebs because I really didn't have too many to spare.

None of my sectors have been attacked and I get the feeling that HMA is a backwater.
Entry requirements for most Top 10 guilds include CA or later ... making Iron Age and AA the only two massively popular eras for experienced and strong players.
Only third place is held by a Top 10 guild in HMA and then only @ #7 ... the others are closer to #20

Griefental HMA GvG:

1. The CL Lions #19
  2. INSANES #18
  3. Insane University # 7

My overall impression is that everyone is a little sleepy because of the high altitude ... making serious inroads possible, to even slightly motivated guilds.
Another thing, the guys in HMA are probably not big on Alcatraz ... making serious attacking even more problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.