• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter event 2013 - discussion

DeletedUser9168

I am sorry but I am very disappointed with this winter event. It seems stupid to me the special reward on Christmas to be 50stars I thought that the best one will be kept for Christmas. Am I the only one who thinks this way ?

i, for one, was glad that the Christmas Day reward was not an ultra-special "unmissable" one, and a relatively quick and simple task. I wouldn't have wanted to spend a traditionally family-oriented day locked up with my laptop!

DeletedUser5180

i, for one, was glad that the Christmas Day reward was not an ultra-special "unmissable" one, and a relatively quick and simple task. I wouldn't have wanted to spend a traditionally family-oriented day locked up with my laptop!

agreed 100%

DeletedUser

Well, got to admit I did not read through this entire thread, but thought I'd add my two cents anyway: Great event! Nice job devs. :)

EDIT: Guess I've been playing the game for too long... I know the ingame symbols so well, I misread the actual sentence.

Cheers!
~ Bloodwyn

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

building doesn't mean house

you can build anything:
it's expensive but you also can build 3 goods buildings (first research of that age)
or Modern Chemie could be researched and then building 3 gas laterns (counts also as building)

and: it counts the start of the building. you don't have to wait until its finished

DeletedUser

Ah, in that case I take it back. I mistook the residential building symbol shown in the quest for the buildings having to be residential ones. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

DeletedUser7990

I built decorations, the cheapest, and it worked, they're buildings, apparently.

DeletedUser

why would you ask PA players to gather BA goods some of us didnt had in more than a year and which we have no use for?
why didnt you ask for 3 goods of the CURRENT AGE??
seriously, try to think, it doesnt hurt!

now some of us have to sell late age goods for stone and lumber for goodness sake.
where is the logic in that?
and if remember correctly we had the same problem with the previous event as well lol

DeletedUser

The answer seems easy enough. If you knew something like this would come up, you could have been prepared!

As for why they choose the BA goods it's simple. 1. They likely would have to implant a feature to accomodate 'the current age' goods as I think there is none, unless you count the 'produce x number of goods' which already was a winter quest. Which means wasting time on something not so valuable for the devs. 2. Everyone, even new players, should be able to get BA goods meaning everyone can participate. 3. This setup encourages trade between advanced players and new players. 4. It gives a challenge to higher players that don't have the goods any more to trade.

So in short, it is all win-win from a dev perspective to make the quest like this.

DeletedUser96901

lol

being in PA and not having 3 of the bronze age goods

and sure a PA only guild :rolleyes:

if I would put 6 PA goods for 3 bronze age goods it would be accepted in less than 5 minutes after sending a guild message

and in fact its good that the goods aren't from the current age:
that would be too easy for PA players: collecting great buildings and quest is done

maybe we should make a real challenging goods quest next time:
produce 10 current age goods
sounds easy: but this time let it be real producing: no GB collecting, no trade, no plundering of neighbors

DeletedUser15432

Well, you should have planned your goods in advance Wallachian and acquired some Bronze age goods by some method to complete the relatively simple trades - the wording is simple enough and Bronze age because everyone, even the newest players can achieve this level

DeletedUser5514

Easy solution: put in the market current age goods in exchange for BA goods and send messages to lower age people offering them a great deal...
why would you ask PA players to gather BA goods some of us didnt had in more than a year and which we have no use for?
why didnt you ask for 3 goods of the CURRENT AGE??
seriously, try to think, it doesnt hurt!

now some of us have to sell late age goods for stone and lumber for goodness sake.
and if remember correctly we had the same problem with the previous event as well lol

DeletedUser7719

now some of us have to sell late age goods for stone and lumber for gods sake.
lol, like you'll need anywhere from BA-LMA goods if you're already waiting for the ME :p
BA goods buildings are the easiest to build: They use the least pop, coins, supplies, and time to construct, so anyone can complete the quest, even if they have to manually produce every good by itself ;)

DeletedUser

The point was not where will I get BA goods from but what am I going to do with them. Where is the logic in asking a PA player to find lumber and wine? Its of no use to us. Anyway, guess Im the only one complaining so I must be wrong. So Good job devs, keep making quests asking PA players to buy lumber :D Makes sense

DeletedUser13805

The point was not where will I get BA goods from but what am I going to do with them. Where is the logic in asking a PA player to find lumber and wine? Its of no use to us. Anyway, guess Im the only one complaining so I must be wrong. So Good job devs, keep making quests asking PA players to buy lumber :D Makes sense

i think your missing the point i to only had pe goods so it was a CHALLENGE for me to get the goods but surely thats what the game should do ? CHALLENGE us so for that reason as much i can understand your anonyance at it i can not complain about it as it was a task and a challenge i had to mess around with till i did it and thats the point its just a challenge mate

DeletedUser19136

The quest is also about guild co-operation.
It can easily be achieved if the guild works together. The quest was to GATHER x3 Bronze Age goods. If those that have these goods place several trades up for them...and do it in a rotating order IE; lumber for dye, dye for wine, wine for marble, marble for stone, stone for lumber...then if the person needing to GATHER the goods takes ALL 5 trades then the person posting them gets back what they put up to trade and loses nothing and the other person completes the quest.
Simple...just needs co-operation :-)

DeletedUser

Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the end in sight, is there any confirmation on how long we will receive a new chance to open presents?

I mean I know the event timer says the event will last another 3 days & 13 something hours, but does this mean that january the 2nd we will get our last chance at opening presents? Cause I have saved up my stars so far, and I am kinda wondering when it's best to use them. Would hate it if I went after one single christmas building now when on the 2nd we get a christmas blow out sale or something :p

DeletedUser15432

According to the information, if you have not opened your presents by 02.01.2014, you will lose the presents as the quest ends at that time and the present bar will disappear, I suggest that you use the stars and get what presents are available although you have missed the items such as reindeer paddock and winter market as they have already gone

DeletedUser4195

Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the end in sight, is there any confirmation on how long we will receive a new chance to open presents?

I mean I know the event timer says the event will last another 3 days & 13 something hours, but does this mean that january the 2nd we will get our last chance at opening presents? Cause I have saved up my stars so far, and I am kinda wondering when it's best to use them. Would hate it if I went after one single christmas building now when on the 2nd we get a christmas blow out sale or something :p

And you know what will happen when you do try to use them up - all that you will get will be 'double' and 'shuffle'!!

DeletedUser5180

the best gifts are now passed, reindeer paddock, log cabin and winter market. I suggest that players with saved up stars use them tmrw to get as many of the special prize that they can